The Shogunate

Vassal States? And do you want to choose the map?

• Vassals, But I'd like to chose from the maps

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No Vassals, just start the story

Votes: 5 62.5%
  • Vassals, just start the story

Votes: 2 25.0%
  • No Vassals, but I wouldn't mind choosing maps to chose the most interesting.

Votes: 1 12.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Civ4ScreenShot1062.JPG
Ono: We have built the AP! We no longer have to worry about Izzy or anyone else using it against us
Sato: We've given Philosophy for Feudalism and some cash. Every little bit helps our economy and the Longbows should cover any attack from Spain.
Meiji: Speak of the devil:
Civ4ScreenShot1067.JPG
Isabella: It's okay now, the holiest armies are on the way. You're offenses to Buddhism will now result in the destruction of the Japanese people by the twin might of Buddha and the scout's axe
Tokugawa: The last time I checked, one scout and a swordsman aren't enough to conquer a country. And besdies, doesn't Buddhism look down upon this sort of thing?
Isabella: Well, it might but we don't really have an option. Like all scum of this reality, any Japanese we kill will simply be reincarnated as more Japanese. To end this horrible cycle, Spain we simply have to do this what it must.
Civ4ScreenShot1070.JPG
Tokugawa: Oh cool, they failed. Be assured my most trusted advisors, my surprise at this development is 100% genuine and not in any way altered by the fact that we were using Longbowman for defense and she was attack with one axeman regiment.
Ono: Using the AP, I have a way to defeat Spain. The AP has voted us its head and as such we can use our power to vote ourselves into peace with Spain.
Meiji: We might as well use the only medieval wonder we built for something..
Tokugawa: Go ahead and propose it then. Spain is going to become part of Edo later rather than sooner.
Yoritomo: But, that leaves Spain to our enemies! If they hack into the heretic Spain too quickly we won't be able to make use of our Samurai! We have Metal Casting and there's only a few more turns Machinery!
Sato: But we don't have Civil Service so we won't be using them in this war.
Tokugawa: Oh well. I'm sure we'll be able to hack into some Americans instead and it will be just as fulfilling.

Meiji: So remember when we proposed that peace resolution? Spain seems to have a city with Christianity in it, and they defied the resolution...
Yoritomo: Also, it turns out the scout and the axeman didn't constitute the entire Spanish army, and even though I sent an extra Longbow to Satsuma....
Civ4ScreenShot2705.JPG
....it didn't arrive before Spain took the city.
Meiji: Also, the Settler we sent as a placeholder to the southwest of Satsuma is now sitting in American territory....the good news we have Satsuma again
Civ4ScreenShot2706.JPG
Tokugawa: Unbelievable. How can I b-
Ono: Also, Rome is now a Confucian state
Sato: Before you respond, you should know we are three turns from Samurai and her defiance of the resolution may be why Isabella is now ready to accept peace.
Tokugawa: ....That, my only competent underling, gives me an idea. We'll make peace with Spain and make sure Roosevelt pays for his overeager expansion. As soon as we get Civil Service, I want you to make sure we use the three settlers we have to fill in all the territory we've been missing. We already have catapults built and core Japan will then be large enough to produce ~15 Samurais in about ~20 turns.
Yoritomo: We still don't have the money to actually support our armies.
Tokugawa: But as soon as we settle the site west of Moscow we'll gain Dyes and Sugar that we can trade off for money. And then we can begin!
Yoritomo: Begin what?
Tokugawa: The Japanese Empire of course!

Welcome to have you at WPC! :b:

this site causes viruses?

Oddly, I've been having this problem a lot lately yet no one else seems to. I have no idea what the problem is with my computer. Virus isn't truly the right word, more like spyware that's been slwoing down my computer significantly.

I can hardly believe its been two years since I started this story! I still have no idea why my protection reacted so strongly against CFC, but the problem has been resolved for well over a year. This story originally died because I could never find the time to update and transfer the story to WPC. I decided the game was lost anyhow and completely lost interest. Almost a year later however, I happened to load the game up again slightly ahead of where the story left off and found the situation wasn't nearly as helpless as I first thought. I played on until an invasion in the 1800s made me pronounce this game once again dead.

However, I recently started playing CIV again and soon made my way back to this file. As of today, I've reached the 1940s and with newfound motivation finally edited the first 10 sections of this story (11 will be updated soon). I've decided that this game deserves a proper write-up and I plan to take this story up to the 20th century. The format will change drastically and become in style more like an AAR. Although I do still like WPC, the rest of the updates will be here at CFC. Of course, since it's been two years since some of the last screenshots the story will be somewhat incomplete. But hopefully I'll be able to turn this story into a slightly-less-awful successor to my previous one.

another story coming back to life? well i have no complaints :)

Wow!!! The dead stories are all coming back!!! That's awesome. :D

Yes, 'cept the story was moved to a different site two years ago.
We barely get anything.

Yes, 'cept the story was moved to a different site two years ago.
We barely get anything.

Actually, the move to the other site was never completed; I only made it to around part 3 or so. But in the coming weeks I'll adding 6 or so completely new chapters.

Seeing as its been over a week since the last post, I thought I'd let anyone who missed it that if you scroll to the top of the page you'll a find a brand new chapter 11 waiting for you there. The updates will come once a week, but then they will not necessarily be up within a week of the previous ones. I'm having difficulty locating any quality screenshots so most of those may have to be 'reenactments' unfortunately.

Top Bottom