Earth map, 18 civs, a story of a persian leader

You are probrarly ended the game but I am curious to know will we see a :nuke: nucelar warfare :nuke:. Anyway nice story, a legendary one :goodjob:

Ok, good to know that there's a bit more detail in the next posts. Keep up the good work.

Oh and just out of curiosity, I noticed that you use the largest earth map possible with maximum (?) number of civs. Have you experienced a lot of loading/jamming? I wonder if it's worth a try to play with a huge earth map or is it too demanding to the computer?

When the truthsayers asked for another audience shortly after, I had a bad feeling about that from the beginning on. Additionally I started to believe, that I had seen the actual oldest one before, but I couldn’t remember when and where. But it seemed strange to me, since he was elected oldest one not long ago…

The meeting seemed to drag on endlessly. All the truthsayers were trying convince me, that we should raise additional troops before we could ship our main army (containing of 4 catapults and 15 cavalry) over to England. They kept saying that we cant sent our army of without leaving a descent defensive force on the mainland.

But since we didn’t want any wars with our neighbours and were getting along with them very well at the moment (at least in my opinion) I wouldn’t allow that. In my opinion we did profit more from this peace period then from all the war in the past. Our economy was great, all our scientist were busy researching something (which was the best; like that they just hadn’t any time to bother me…) and our culture was adored in all the surrounding countries.

When the oldest one then sided with me and told the other that I was right, I immediately liked that guy (and dropped the thoughts I had before). He even came up with a plan to keep all our neighbours busy, while our troops were ashore.

He said, that he already talked to one of Quin`s truthsayers and that they would happily go to war against Mansa for the small gift of liberalism. Since nobody liked Mansa anyway, that would do us no harm. Then he came up with the additional plan to bribe Monty to go to war against Kathy for sheep (nobody knew why Monty would declare war to somebody over sheep, but he´s Monty…). Here, most of the other thrutsayers objected, because they thought, that bribing Monty to war against Kathy (everybody seemed to love Kathy but nobody really liked Monty) could spoil our relations to the other Asia countries. Also it would bring us even closer to Monty (after we already accepted his plea to attack Elisabeth) and that also wasn´t good (Monty was quite commonly considered as plain mad already at that time…). But since the oldest one had supported me with the troops and since I liked him now, I decided to support that decision and granted him full permission to do as he thought concerning foreign policies.

So that is what the relations looked shortly before Qin declared on mansa on our behalf in 1424 a.d.

pic. 56_ 1424 a.d. Relations.GIF

Additionally, after another consultation with the oldest one, I agreed to set our research purely to economics. So we planded to research the following techs one after the other:

- Education
- Liberalism
- Economics
- Corporation
- Constitution
- Democracy
- Scientific Method
- Communism

While doing so, we had to face 2 more revolutions and our civics ended as follows:

- representation
- free speech
- emancipation
- state property
- free religion

When we had finally researched communism, we started immediately to work on something called “Kremlin”, because the oldest one said this would be good for our common course of boosting our economy. Since I didn’t want to raise the impression that I hadn’t the slightest idea what he was talking about I simply said yes, great, do so and signed some permissions.

As a result of our economic efforts, our cities started to grow and prosper and everything was fine.

pic. 57_1424 a.d. Persia.GIF

You couldn’t imagine how shocked I was after all those years of peace (and banquets and cocktail parties…) when Qin suddenly burst into my office in the summer of 1428 a.d. and started to shout at me:

“Do you think I’m stupid and don’t know that you are the brain behind this all? Do you really think I don’t know that it was you who talked Monty into attacking me?”

“Umh, sorry, no, I don’t know what you are talking…”

“Oh, shut up you liar. We both know that Monty is a lunatic and that he will betray you at the first occasion. But when you still prefer him over me, you will have your reasons. And you will pay for that…”

see you soon,

Snaaty

Ok, good to know that there's a bit more detail in the next posts. Keep up the good work.

Oh and just out of curiosity, I noticed that you use the largest earth map possible with maximum (?) number of civs. Have you experienced a lot of loading/jamming? I wonder if it's worth a try to play with a huge earth map or is it too demanding to the computer?

Did you noticed that Snaaty invaded and killed off lot of civilizations? I think that it helps a lot when advancing to late game...

Snaaty I think that Monty have killed off Washington, because in one my game when I was just advanced to New World Washington had only one tundra city left. I finished Washington myself off and used this city like an outpost to kill Monty. :lol:

@ Tux

There is no America... ... only Monty-land

@ Fiend777Fits

At the point were the game is in the actuall post, China hadn´t tanks (but they will have in 3 posts, when you are up to date). Still attacking them would have been pure suicide, because they had already riflemen (i´m relying on cavallry...), 2 or 3 times the overall army then me and they already had def. pacts with Japan and Mongolia...

@ Tux

There is no America... ... only Monty-land

I have discovered that Monty always takes Washington out on 18 civ map. Monty is a very aggresive civ comparing to Washington. It is actualy kind of wierd how Aztecs beat America...

After what Qin had sad, I was quite confused. So I went to ask my foreign advisor, if Qin had gone mad recently, because what he has said simply couldn’t be true. But to my great surprise I had to find out, that we in fact had bribed Monty into attacking China. The order came directly from the Oldest One and was signed in my name. We even gave Monty all our new found technologies (library and economics)…

When I went to the secret truthsayers headquarters (because of the many people going there day by day, they even named the street going there “secret truthsayers road”) I immediately asked an explanation from the Oldest One. Qin was among our oldest friends and we betrayed him.

“Look emperor, Qin is closer to Kathy then to us. And with Kathy being a close friend to Elisabeth, I had to secure, that Kathy and Qin won’t join in the upcoming war against England on the wrong side.”

“But, but… …had I known that Kathy and Qin would side with Elli, I would have never…”

“Don’t worry dear emperor, this is just politics. I would advise you to simply ignore what’s going on right now, because politics is all about lying and cheating …”

“You really do think so?”

“Yes, believe me, I’m the one who should know best…”

As a result of this, Qin made peace with Mansa. I decided to take the council from the Oldest One and signed him a full permission to do foreign politics as he pleases. Again he surprised me, because I wouldn’t have expected him to declare war on Mansa after Qin drew back his troops, since we were already busy shipping most of our troops to Great Britain. I even felt a little ill when I red in the news about this. My mood didn’t get much better, when I red the next day in the “New Persian Post”, that Japan closed all their embassies in Persia to show their protest against the invasion of England…

In the year 1428 a.d. we finally shipped our troops over to England. The resistance they encountered when landing near London was quite impressive. Our original strike force of 12 battalions of cavalry and 4 battalions of catapults was quickly reduced to 6 battalions of cavalry. But after a brave fight, we finally were able to take London in 1436 a.d.

pic. 58_1436 a.d. Invading England.GIF

Still, the war wasn’t going well. We had to raise reinforcements throughout Europe and West-Asia and our economics there suffered greatly. It took us almost 25 years to bring in enough troops to advance to York, the biggest English city. Still, it would be a long and hard fight, as you can see in the next picture.

pic. 59_1460 a.d. Reinforcement.GIF

The English resistance managed to hold out almost 40 years longer. We had high losses and I was beginning to doubt the politic skills of our Oldest One. Another thing I wondered was his age. When I first met the actual Oldest One, he was old. Now, almost 200 years later, he still looked old, but not much older then when we first met…

pic. 60_1502 a.d. England down.GIF

While our war was waging with the English, the Oldest One seemed to be quite busy in doing politics (mainly lying to and cheating everybody he came across). So he somehow managed to bribe Dschingis to attack Kathy in 1440 a.d. by giving him education and chemistry. I wondered why he traded out all our precious technologies so easy, but still I decided to stay away from foreign politics. The protest letters from Japan and China I received for allowing this, I threw unread into the dustbin…

There wasn’t happening much good these years in Persia, so I was quite proud, when in 1548 a.d. I was invited to the opening party of something called Kremlin which we build in St. Petersburg. I somehow had the feeling that it would fit better in Moscow, but St. Petersburg came quite close. And after actually seeing it behind the big orange yard in the middle of St. Petersburg I was quite proud. The same year we had to face another revolution and our civics changed to something called Universal Suffrage, because now we would be able to buy improvements in all our unproductive cities (and of those, we had quite a lot these days…)

The war against Mansa also dragged along and we had to produce more cavalry in our main cities. The population was growing more and more unhappy and in the end, we were forced to make peace with Mansa by the Persian people. Still, we had managed to take 4 of his cities (all unproductive desert or jungle cities) by then, but the costs had been much too high.

pic. 61_1556 a.d. Reducing Mansa.GIF

see you soon,

Snaaty

“I like this voice transmitting system our engineers invented lately”

“Yes, dear emperor, you keep telling me this, since the first time I called you”

“How is this called again… … technically, I mean?”

“Phone”

“Really? Didn’t you say last time something like “Teflon” or “Teleflon”?

“Yes, ahem, no, I mean, I said TELEPHONE and that is absolutely the same, only longer than PHONE. But look, emperor, you start to confuse me again. Would you mind sticking to the subject?”

“No, no, oldest one, it’s just that I really like this telephone or phone thingy…”

“OK, so back to our subject: What I was trying to tell you, is that we have to declare war on Kathy, because she won’t allow our troops to pass through her territory. And since we want to take the last of Asoka’s cities we have to pass her territo…”

“Did you hear that?”

“Hear what?”

“That small beeping noise in the background… … wait, now it’s gone…”

“May I continue dear emperor, please?”

“Yes, yes, go on…”

“As I was about to say, we have to declare war on Kathy, to move our troops to Asoka’s cities. I don’t think that this will be a big problem, since Kathy lacks most technology to produce modern troops. If we are fast, we may even be able to avoid her Cossacks with our Caval…”

“There it was again… … it goes beep … beep … beepbeep… umh, sorry, go on…”

“Like I said before, we have to be quick in moving through Kathy’s territory with our Cavalry. Best would be, to use some riflemen for protection”

“What is with China? Won’t they side with Kathy in case of a war?”

“No, no, don’t worry dear emperor they are still busy with their own war against Monty.”

“And what’s with the strange rumours about iron vehicles without horses that could be seen near our borders here and there?”

“Don’t take that to serious… … believe only what you see yourself”

“OK then, do what you think is best”

“Thank you dear emperor” (and to himself after he had hung up the phone: if my mission wouldn’t be that important and my reward wouldn’t be that big, I would rather kill myself then to call him again…)

So the brave Persian army marched into Russian territory in March 1532. The losses were even higher then expected…

About 10 cavalry were slain by Russian Cossacks but thanks to our big production capacity they could be replaced quickly. Our science and economy was going down, but the oldest one kept reassuring me, that we are still doing great and are much more advanced then all the other nations (still the rumours about the Chinese having these iron vehicles without horses worried me somehow).

As expected, Qin came again to visit me, but instead of our usual nice chat about this and that, he gave me an ultimatum and left immediately. In fact he even dared to threaten me: If we don’t cancel all our deals with Monty, he will declare war on Persia!!!

I didn’t feel too good about this, but since the oldest one explaned me that China is no real thread, I decided to stick to our common course and deal a little more with Monty (what also felt wrong to me…). The oldest one was right, Qin didn’t declare war on us, but his mood went down to cautious and I felt very sad…

Only highlight in these dark times was that we managed to build something called “Statue of Liberty”

Still, we pushed hard on Russia, and after we had taken two of their cities, our way to Ashoka was clear and Russia finally agreed on a peace treaty for 200 gold (first time ever mighty Persia actually had do PAY for peace…).

pic. 62_1556 a.d. Reducing Russia.GIF

So we immediately declared war on Ashoka the next year. Qin and Toku were quite angry about this, since they were closest friends with Ash, but we seemed to have stopped to care about our reputation long ago…

India wasn’t a big threat, and in 1586 a.d. finally, we managed to drive them out of central Asia.

pic. 63_1586 a.d. Clearing central Asia.GIF

Meanwhile, our people were getting a little bit restless, and we had to beat down an Egypt revolt in Walata, central Africa, with heavy military forces in 1562 a.d. After that, the oldest one supposed to punish Egypt for that treason and we declared war on them. We couldn’t advance on them, because we were running out of troops, but at least we were able to hold Walata against their oncoming cavalry and cannons…

We used our huge fleet (three gallons and one frigate) to bring some troops to Madagascar and India’s last city was captured in 1600 a.d.

Using the simple advantage of finally being there (in Madagascar), we also eliminated Rome by taking their last city and I was crowned “King of Madagascar”

pic. 64_1616 a.d. Eliminating India and Rome.GIF

Mansa declared war on mighty Persia in 1612 a.d., what was a little setback because we lost a minor central African city to him. But with our army being quite close (in the huge kingdom of Madagascar), we could live with that. What worried me more, was the fact, that Mansa dared to declare war on us and that we seemed to loose in most fights more troops then we could produce (we still fought mainly with Cavalry). But the oldest one seemed to be still quite confident with the overall development…

see you soon,

Snaaty

Simply marvelous.

Despite the language barrier, you are able to tell the story well.

:goodjob:

Simply marvelous.

Despite the language barrier, you are able to tell the story well.

:goodjob:

Thanks

Btw, we are racing towards the end of this chapter... .... only one last post and all of you will be up to date again.

I think I will be able to finish the last part of this chapter (Uniting Africa) this weekend, so I can finally play the last turnsets of this game maybe next week(s) (I started this game something like 3-4 month ago...).

Concering the next (and last) chapter of this game:

After I looked at the last screenshot I had from last turnsets (which brought back some memory of what I did at the end of the last turnset I played), I can already tell that our brave emperor will be quite deep in trouble...

did you meet any dancing hippos there?

My worries didn’t go away. Something felt terrible wrong. To beef up my mood a little, I went shopping. Then, when I passed a store for various electrical things I saw it. My mood went up immediately. What a beautiful sight. I knew immediately that I had to buy it.

Later that day, when I had just unpacked my new red phone from the box the vendor had put it in and was looking at a lot of wires, the Persian defence minister showed up in my office. This was quite a lucky coincidence, because I would have never been able to plug in my new phone alone…

He didn’t seem to happy with the task I had put upon him, but when he crawled out from under my desk about 2 hours later, the phone was finally working. When he resumed his report, he informed me that Persia was now down to the 5th place concerning army strength. With only three big nations remaining (China, Aztec, Japan) this was bad. Even one of the smaller nations now had a bigger army then Persia.

Nevertheless, after our army had arrived from Madagascar, we had been at least able to drive Mansa out of Africa in 1634 a.d.

pic. 65_1634 a.d. Mansa out of Africa.GIF

Since we had to face now a minus of 643 gold per turn, we were running out of money. So we had to switch research down to 0 for some turns, because we needed to have some income to buy infrastructure in order to stop our new cities from revolting...

Still it took us about 20 more years to finally get rid of Hatschi in South Africa (1652 a.d.):

pic. 66_1652 a.d. Hatschie out of Africa.GIF

Then, when we just had taken the last Egypt city in South Africa, an officer stationed near the Chinese border called me on my new red phone. He informed me, that China, Mongolia and Japan all were about to close their embassies in our borderland cities and that China was massing a huge amount of troops near our border. He also confirmed, that they really had iron vehicles without horses they called tanks. He seemed to be very afraid of those things and I immediately tried to call the oldest one after he hung up (happy to use my red phone again).

I couldn’t reach him. When I then called the truthsayers secret headquarter, I got also no response. So I decided to go there in person and to look what the hell they were all doing. It took quite a long time to find it again, since I hadn’t been there for about 80 years (I really liked using a phone). When I arrived there, first thing I noticed was that the doors were standing wide open. No sound was coming out of the dark rooms. When I entered, I saw a horrible thing…

Dead bodies were lying all over the place. Some terrible thing must have happened here. I almost fainted, but then I decided to move on to the quarters of the oldest one, but nobody was there. Only thing I found was a letter lying on his bed, with my name written on the envelope.

When I opened it with trembling hands, I couldn’t believe what I had to read:

“
Dear emperor,

I think that at that point even you must have noticed, that something is wrong. You are a stupid fool, but you almost managed to spoil all my plans because you pushed me close to insanity…

Only reason I stayed near you all the time was because I wanted to serve my only true master, Montezuma the great. He will be the one who rules this planet, this I made sure. You will never be able to stop him, because your great empire will be shattered to dust by the hands of your own friends. I made sure, that Qin, Toku, Dschingis and Kathy will all come after you.

I poisoned all the remaining truthsayers, so you will have to face your destiny alone (and without any advice).

I would love to see you going down with my own eyes after all that I have been put through, but right now, I must head back to my master to tell him that our plans worked out.

HA, HA, HA,
Sincerely yours
The oldest one
”

I have been betrayed. And nobody was left to help me through. The age of truthsayers had ended forever with this slaughter. When I went back to my palace, I tried to clear my head and started to think again. Still I was the emperor of the great Persian Nation and I had a responsibility to my people. Shortly after I arrived in my palace, I had set my mind.

When my foreign minister came to my office about half an hour later to inform me that China, Mongolia and Japan now officially closed all their embassies in Persia and already were preparing to shut their borders, I simply dismissed him without much talk. I picked up my red phone (oh how I love this phone, my only true friend in these hard times… … I will name it Bob…) and made some calls.

Maybe the united world was going to attack Persia, but we will fight. And we won’t wait till they come for us. We will be the one who will make the opening move:

So I used Bob to declared war to all our enemies (except of Hatschi, she didn’t pick up the phone… …and Mansa… …him I had forgotten, because I was so nervous…)

pic. 67_1661 a.d. world war.GIF

It seemed that the Persian defence minister wasn’t very pleased with my decision, because he showed up in my office only about 2 minutes after I had made my calls. Our head scientist was with him:

They told me that our 6 borderland cities in middle Asia were only defended with 2 infantry and one longbow man (???) each. There were additional 4 cavalry stationed as backup nearby, but the defence minister was quite pessimistic about our chances to hold those cities. Only good thing was that all our important cities (St. Petersburg, Moscow and Persepolis) were quite far away from the actual frontier (in average, about 2 or 3 more or less unimportant cities in-between)…

In fact, with our main army (which also wasn’t much of an army, because what was left of it were 5 cannon and 11 cavalry) still down in South Africa he seemed quite desperate about our situation, after the sighting of tanks (and something called artillery) within the Chinese army had been confirmed…

The situation on the Indian Subcontinent was only slightly better; there we had 4 infantry, tow archers (???) and 2 cavalry stationed in the borderland city. And the only way to enter India was via this city. All efforts had to be concentrated on holding this city. If we should loose Delhi, the golden city (=Buddhist holy city), which was situated directly behind this borderland city we would very likely loose this war because we would simply run broke…

Later, the head scientist informed me, that Persia wasn’t really backwards in technology, but that we were lacking the key technologies to wage a modern war. We had 2 turns left to research computers and we would need 6 turns more to research industrialisation IF we would be able to do research at 80 %. Then we would also be able to produce tanks. We could already upgrade our remaining 5 cannons to artillery, but in order to keep our research rate high enough, we were lacking the money to do so.

The main things we were lacking right now were time and money...

see you soon,

Snaaty

Top Bottom