Info on Next Patch

Very good patch notes.

If Firaxis can keep rolling out patches at this rate, Civ5 will be an awesome game in few months. Keep it going guys.

p.s.
next patch: hotseat, pbem and animations in multiplayer please :D

next patch: hotseat, pbem and animations in multiplayer please :D

I do hope that they will turn to multiplayer
AFTER they think they did all feature adding and major balance work to single player...

Basically: SP first and MP second.
And I do say MP is important, it deserves a serious treat, no question about that.
Good MP is a must. But first, a good and "finalized" SP...

Awesome news :)

Let's hope diplomacy becomes a gameplay feature like economy or combat are. I'd love that

Well what do you know, they have caved in and are dumbing down the diplomacy. Hope the whingers are happy.

I disagree. Having a general sense of whether an AI Civ Loves you, Likes you or Loathes you hardly constitutes "dumbing down"-its plain-old common sense. Having to stumble around in complete darkness might not be "dumbed down", but it sure is *DUMB*!

Aussie.

No mention on the broken algorithm that manages AI naval and air units when at war.

No mention of AI lack of nukes usage.

I knew the patch wasn't good, I knew it. :rotfl:

DNA is broken, the one of devs I mean.

It was pretty obvious since weeks.

-

Great List so far. The only thing missing is fixing the AI so that it will use modern units such as modern ships, aviation and nukes.

Rat

I like the public declaration of friendship and public denouncement. If done right, perhaps there is a chance of building better long-term alliances or repairing hostile relations.

I disagree. Having a general sense of whether an AI Civ Loves you, Likes you or Loathes you hardly constitutes "dumbing down"-its plain-old common sense. Having to stumble around in complete darkness might not be "dumbed down", but it sure is *DUMB*!

Aussie.

Agreed. Obama for example knows Iran does not like him. He does not have to study video tape footage and guess what his enigmatic smile says.

Will the problem of crashing within the game or the crashing when loading a savegame be fixed?

I cannot play the game at all because it crashes after a few turns nor can I load any savegame. I would really really appreciate if these problems could be solved!!!

No mention on the broken algorithm that manages AI naval and air units when at war.

Well, the list does have a "multiple tweaks and bug fixes" item.

@2KGreg: is there a possibility for a us to know what kind of stuff is included in this vague item?

The game still needs a major rehaul before it will prove fun and enjoyable with the majority of Civ fans, myself included.

Talk about exaggeration. Or did I miss the part when you talked to the "majority of civ fans?"

Also, to the (many) people who are saying there is a long way to go before Civ 5 is playable... methinks you are confusing the word "playable" with "enjoyable." Oh, and complaining about some bug or another that crashes your game is not "proof" that the game is unplayable. Just sayin'.

On a more relevant note, I would have liked some more MP fixes, but any patch that changes a gameplay feature significantly (for the better) is legit in my book. I would have cringed if these diplomacy changes were introduced as features in an expansion! :lol:

I knew the patch wasn't good, I knew it. :rotfl:

DNA is broken, the one of devs I mean.

It was pretty obvious since weeks.

-

By the way, what does "DNA is broken, the one of devs I mean." even mean?

Unless...

My god, you're not saying one of the developers has broken DNA??? Quick man, call an ambulance!

:rolleyes:

I am hopeful that the patch contains more changes, though. The last patch contained more than what the initial patch notes list stated it did, so there's plenty of reason to be optimistic. (And just as many to be pessimistic, I'm sure.)

AI will now build ranged and mobile units more in line with the flavor settings.

???

Flavor settings?

Overall, I like what I see. I hope there's a way to turn off explicit diplo modifiers, or that they are at least not given a number value as they were in cIV.

I like it, and can't wait to see how it will work. Hopefully, it will improve the game significantly. The downside is, of course, the long time it takes Steam to install a patch, but I'm willing to wait if it will make my game better.

I hope they tweak the "team" AI - like when you start the game with a ai partner and you ask him if he could spare some resources he most likely says no (and he also never asks if i could give him something)
every human partner would do that

(i like playing with a partner)

Top Bottom