Le Blob in Civ - Frenchie's beating up Europe again!

In EUIII armies do have leaders, but sometimes he is not a general, but like i said before somenoe of no real importance.

about TW, i don't remember seeing inheritances in TW, which one you're talking about?

and i can see you wasn't using that much cavalry, and you're sure your enemies haven't reinforced their armies?

about terrain : it is important, see Agincourt.
also if i remember correcly in the new world there is one battle where if the astecs fought in the jungle they probably would have destroyed the spanish conquerors

about TW, i don't remember seeing inheritances in TW, which one you're talking about?
Medieval 2 and Rome...

and i can see you wasn't using that much cavalry
Cavalry is overpriced and when your trying to field a large army I prefer infantry. Besides they are useless when it comes to sieges.

you're sure your enemies haven't reinforced their armies?
I am looking at the final numbers when it says:
Your forces in Orleans have been defeated, Starting units X casualties X Starting enemy units x enemy casualties X

about terrain : it is important, see Agincourt.
It is important, what I said is a good general can always use the terrain to his advantage (Which Henry did in Agincourt).
Example:
Scipio General camped on the bottom of a hill for 7 days, so the enemy would loose the terrain advantage.
Battle of Hastings
Battle of Calais
North African Campaign in World War 2
etc

also if i remember correcly in the new world there is one battle where if the astecs fought in the jungle they probably would have destroyed the spanish conquerors
That victory had to do with Aztecs lack of a general who knew modern military strategies. Again it was the abilities of the generals that decided it.

Should be interesting.
Don't leave for EUIII. :sad:

the thread is on two pages and the first part hasn't even been posted :lol:

ok guys I will see what I can do, eh? I'm only a person!
And ilduce, you have a point about mass army routing. In HTTT, my leaderless 15000 army (mostly mercs) get killed by 1000 men under a leader.
Update will be today. I hope.
Do I? of course.
And Olaf, I shall repeat that it has more depth than anything firaxis could come up with.

I seem to have problems with loading the Europe map, but don't worry! For I has a plan!
I will just change something called spain. Instead of two spains, representing Castille and Aragon, we will just have a spain.

ok guys I will see what I can do, eh? I'm only a person!
And ilduce, you have a point about mass army routing. In HTTT, my leaderless 15000 army (mostly mercs) get killed by 1000 men under a leader.
Update will be today. I hope.
Do I? of course.
And Olaf, I shall repeat that it has more depth than anything firaxis could come up with.

The difference beween that battle of mine was, in mine the 6000 army was leaderless and the 16000 was lead by henry.

hey Civ'ed, what map you're using to this game?

(OFF ~ Ilduce : Cavalry in EUIII is not overpriced, they were costly, but at the same time they are very important in battles, AND they can defend your infantry when you try assaulting a fortress, they won't loss any morale in the assault. i like to use like 14000 or 16000 infantry, 4000 or 6000 cavalry and 2000 or 4000 cannons in my main armies. it's very important to have a balanced army.)

@Civ'ed: Just being a Civfanatic. ;)

Ya think? :lol:

:bump:

I have a question about EU III. How do you explore territories? (as in I am playing as Ming and I want to send some people to Europe to open new trade routes. However the stupid white territories wont let me, how can I explore them.)

Top Bottom