An Old Conquerer

geokhan

Chieftain
Just wanting to say hi to the community. I still remember being handed the reigns of a German Empire(Which I won by conquest with cannons:)) on Civ1 by a good friend of mine. That was the beginning of a long time love affair with Civ, but because of being busy IRL I didn't buy Civ4 until a few months ago. So I'm behind the times. Civ4 is amazing, but for the first time in my Civ career I was having trouble winning even at Noble. So my teenage kid suggested googling Civ4 and I found this lovely little Civfanatic site. I browsed the War Academy, and "lurked" around one of "sullas" games. A lot of the info I had already learned myself the hard way, but I picked up A LOT of new tips that helped me win a Space Race on Prince difficulty.

I chose the "Native Americans" because...well because I'm half native myself, and I saw some synergy in the Totem Poles and Protective Trait. I started on a grassy river surrounded by forests and more rivers, but not much for resources:(. A little exploring and I ran into Augustus who had a capital on 8 Resources!!!! 4 of them fish and crab!!! I've heard of the fearsome Praetorian so I made a decision to go for broke and started rush chopping Dog Warriors. On a date I don't remember BC, A great horde of animalistic dog warriors set out to conquer the rich capital of Rome. The battle was bloody but short and Rome's lesser "cities" fell shortly after the fall of their mighty capital. This world never knew the power of Rome and it's Praetorians.

By now I had made contact with Germans who had founded a nearly as perfect city as Rome on the opposite coast. So with most of my animal-like horde still intact, we turned our already blooded "Stone" axes to the west. I wish it were some epic battle, but the Germans were not prepared for such a horde. Berlin fell, and Germany shortly after.

Expecting some sort of opposition I quickly loaded up on Archers(CG III, and FSII because of Totems, Barracks and Protective Trait :)) However the only opposition I got was 1000(or so) year war with inferior Barbarians. But because Rome had founded Hindu and Berlin had founded Confu the borders of my cities spread fast and I slowly but surely took control of a massive continent all to myself. Later discoveries found Korea and Japan warring over a smaller colder continent, and Cyrus and Kmer splitting a medium continent. With the combined power of my own capital (which I used for spreading "4" religions, Rome(A unit producing monster), and Berlin(A great center of commerce and knowledge) I finished the rest of the game with very little warfare opting to win by space race rather then bother with the logistics and time of attacking two heavily developed continents.

Anyways thats the short version of my first win above noble on civ4. Hopefully to be followed by a Monarch :) win. I appreciate all the time some of you put into forums and sites like this. Hopefully I can find a way to contribute something myself in the future.

I fear I may have posted this in the wrong thread...I know how touchy forums get about that sort of thing so...my bad.

:band:Welcome to CFC :band:
You need not worry about the forum you posted it, this is the right forum in my mind :)

The writer of this story immediately became awesome when he put "Canada" in his location :D

Also: :banana:WELCOME TO CFC:banana:

You will learn that the Civ4 Stories and Tales always welcome new stories :D

Welcome to CFC geokhan :band: And welcome to our little subforum. You posted in the right forum, dont worry :D

Welcome! :band::dance::dance: Watch out for :backstab:ers

hey cool im new too :clap:(like really new, like, yesterday new)

in that case....
:band::band::band::band:Welcome!:band::band::band::band:

idea: this could be the new thread, as in, if youre new you should post here

Should be New to S&T, there's already a general thread for new members :D
We own this section so much that one of us should be made a moderator :D (Of this section, of course :p)

Also, we don't really own this section, we just post in it the most :D

I'd be willing to bet at least 2/3 of my posts are in S&T. However, I'm a minor so that's illegal :D

And if we were moderators, there'd be havoc... :lol:

:mwaha: Moderator's have the power to change comments :mwaha:

SouthernKing: I vote for the Red Dove Party Greek Ninja Party!!!

i am rival to all and every necro poster

Top Bottom