Warlords Scenarios

devilsadvocate

Chieftain
After reading Choxorn's great story about the C3C Conquests:goodjob::goodjob:, I'm inspired to try the same thing with the Warlords scenarios. Hope to start posting soon:)

I'll start with Chinese Unification. Any suggestions on who to play as?

helloooo? anybody out there
:(

:thanx::thanx:THANK You for somebody replying to my thread

Anyway, since nobady replied, I decided to go with the (Agg. Prot.) Wei Empire in Central China
I plan to update soon

i don't think i ever played warlords :undecide: but anyway, good luck in finishing a story :)

First of all, young padawan: slow down. We here aren't always rushed and used to long pauses (right, yoshi?)
either way, I think wei is good. I've played various chinese states in that scenario already.
Which color was Wei again?

Well, Agg/Pro are the worst traits in the game, but it may not matter. I'd be more concerned with the land that this Civ gets. I haven't played the scenario in years but I recall that it is one of the few or only Warlords scenarios in which diplo plays a pretty big role. Most of the others are pretty much fight to the death. With that said, the diplo aspect may make for a nice story.

BTS is no question the best way to play Civ standard, but I think the Warlords scenarios have always been underrated by most. I had a lot of fun with them.

Well, Agg/Pro are the worst traits in the game, but it may not matter. I'd be more concerned with the land that this Civ gets. I haven't played the scenario in years but I recall that it is one of the few or only Warlords scenarios in which diplo plays a pretty big role. Most of the others are pretty much fight to the death. With that said, the diplo aspect may make for a nice story.

BTS is no question the best way to play Civ standard, but I think the Warlords scenarios have always been underrated by most. I had a lot of fun with them.

I think barbarians was fairly interesting as a scenario, except for the technological backwardsness.

I dont play Warlords too much (actually I have played it once in the past year) but this should be interesting. Added to Central.

First off, sorry about the rush.:blush: Its my first story so im a little nervous:)

Anyway, Wei is the pink empire in central china. They are surrounded by (on the respective North, South, East, and West) by Zhou, Han, Qi, and Qin. There is a small gap in the NW that is plugged by a weak barb city. The three major Chinese rivers (Yellow, Yangtze, and Hunshui) are not regular rivers, but actual cuts of coastline, enabling you to sail boats up the rivers. The initial land the Wei gets is not amazing, but there are good, poorly defended coastal cities right across borders. Religion has been replaced with "Bloodlines" which works exactly the same way. Suggestions, comments and critiques are welcome!!!

wait, was that the story?

:rolleyes:No, amazingly enough that was not the story. I meant that suggestions to the actual story are welcome

My computer wont let me take active screen screenies. :mad:Someone have some mercy on someone who is clueless about screenies!!

what i meant by the above post is that alt-printscreen isnt working.

Alt-Printscreen? All you need to do is press just Printscreen when trying to take photos in Civ.

If that was already what you meant, then I think it would become necessary to install a third-party program or simply record it on fraps.

Good suggestion by Tomorrow's Dawn.

If you're still at it, maybe try [Fn] + [Prt Sc] ... or [∆Shift] + [Fn] + [Prt Sc] ... it can vary from keyboard to keyboard.

Will be following this (I have Civ4Complete) and have enjoyed this scenario. I would have played as the Qin as they have nice land, but I haven't seen a Wei game, or played as them, so I think it'll be quite something to watch.

I use [Shift+Prt Sc] to take my images. Or, you could always use an external thing like FRAPS, but that has a FPS counter that blocks the income counter at the top left. :mad:

Top Bottom