Another MP game??

Koshling

Vorlon
Anyone interested in a FAST turn-around (2-3 turns per day) PBEM MP game along the lines of the current massive MP game, but restricted to players who can (as a group) make multiple turns per day. This probably means:

1) US timezone (or bizarre sleep patterns!)
2) Able to start up an play 10 minutes of C2C at various times of day
3) Prepared to be active most days several times per day
4) Probably keep it down to about half a dozen people

Let me know if you'd be interested (note - in parallel with the current ongoing MP game, not as any sort of replacement, for those already engaged in that one)

I'd like to do this, but I (during school days) can only play in the evening (Central Time), so that may count me out. Would that be too restrictive of a timeframe? I can probably do more on the weekends.

I would also like to join, with a few exceptions I can post my turns several times a day and NIGHT :)

1) US timezone (or bizarre sleep patterns!)
2) Able to start up an play 10 minutes of C2C at various times of day
3) Prepared to be active most days several times per day
4) Probably keep it down to about half a dozen people

I'd like to do this, but I (during school days) can only play in the evening (Central Time), so that may count me out. Would that be too restrictive of a timeframe? I can probably do more on the weekends.

I believe you two are in the same timezones, aren't you, both Central?? Too bad AIAndy isn't around, i bet he might want to get in on this, never know?

Could you find quarter of an hour before school each morning to make it at least twice per day?

Unfortunately no. I could do it in the afternoon and again later in the evening, but not in the morning or at night.

Afternoon us even should work out well enough to allow for at least two turns per day, so sure.

Once we have half a dozen or so people who can manage it we can get started. I'll create a game options voting spreadsheet at that point. We can start with v27 and upgrade to v28 on release. Will probably just add a folder to the existing mp game svn for save game transport, or we could just go with attachments here if people prefer...

I would have join but I leave in the Greenwhich timezone (Portugal) and in January I am not sure if I have time.

I would have join but I leave in the Greenwhich timezone (Portugal) and in January I am not sure if I have time.

I don't want to span wide timezone variance because that is one of the things slowing down the existing game. However, there may be enough European players wanting to do the same thing for a group of you to also get together and do so.

I don't want to span wide timezone variance because that is one of the things slowing down the existing game. However, there may be enough European players wanting to do the same thing for a group of you to also get together and do so.

I know some German/Polish/Russian/etc that would like this proposal also.

yes let's make 2 games. One for American Continent and one for Eurasia

I'd love to join too.
I do live in Europe but my available times would be between 9pm GMT to about 1am GMT or between 9am GMT to 1pm GMT.
At any other times I don't have the opportunity to stay and play properly, could be called away at any time.

Cheers

I'd love to join too.
I do live in Europe but my available times would be between 9pm GMT to about 1am GMT or between 9am GMT to 1pm GMT.
At any other times I don't have the opportunity to stay and play properly, could be called away at any time.

Cheers

Hey Blue genie why not do our own European MP game like Koshling suggested? You interested. If you are then PM me.

Would this mean that the current MP would be stopped or they would go on simultaneously? Because I am unsure if i could do 2 at once but if the 1st one was abandoned I would still want to participate in an active MP game.

No the old one will still be going

:old: cranky black :sheep: is still interested. And my time is very flexible.

JosEPh ;)

I'd be happy to give it a go.

I know you're only usually on (at least with modding time) evenings - would you be able to play at at least two times per day (morning before going to work plus evening)? If sop I think that's fine - I'd like to make the ability to do two turns per day (spaced apart) the criteria really.

Sounds like there should be enough interest for one US and one European game. For the US so far we have (please correct me if I have mis-assigned or missed anyone [assuming Hydro doesn't want to since this will be in addition to the existing MP game]):

Koshling
Thunderbrd (probably)
Joseph
ls612

For Europe we have:

Meganix
BlueGenie
Magnus
Alex Costa

Hoping to get to 6 players in each. Probably Standard or Large map. Other options/settings we'll vote on.

Top Bottom