Meaning of Education, Water Pollution, Deseases?

Hinkel84

Chieftain
Hey guys,

first I want to say, that this is a great mod. You added lot of awesome stuff, but to be true, for new guys its sometimes very hard to see the meaning and the work of the new stuff ingame.

Playing in the Prehistoric Age, I see I get Education and Deseases by building special buildings. Also I can see the current amount of that in my City Screen.

The Question is: What does it mean? Is a Education of 10 good? How does Deseases by -20 influence my game?

It would be great, if you could explain the the whole system (with advantages and so on) of those effects like Education, Water Pollution, Deseases and others.

Thank you very much! :)

Disease will hvae no effect if it is a minus.

As it increases diseases will be "built" causing unhappiness and unhealthiness. All you can really do is keep an eye on it and take action as needed

Thank you very much!
But thats not really player friendly, to give links to threads with tons of sites right?
It would be good to have a FAQ for such features, with a little summary, whats the meaning of those features.

Looking at those threads, I still have no idea, whats going on. Cause mostly, its just development talking, but no exect meaning.. :p

Reason: I am owning a 750.000 subscriber mod review channel on youtube and I would really love to get a preview of the mod. But with such unknown features, its hard to talk about it :(

Crime and Pollution have pages in the pedia under C2C Concepts.

The crimes, diseases, education levels and pollution auto-builds all have their own pedia pages under Buildings ('C' for crime, 'D' for Disease, 'E' for Education and 'P' for both types of pollution...).

The pedia is being worked on, but I get the impression it's hard (and largely thankless) work...;)

Education is new, and doesn't have that much effect (yet anyway). On the left of the city screen, where the list of buildings is, there is a tab marked "Special". This includes the auto-buildings from crime, disease and education that are currently built.

That should keep you going for a while:D.

It is not hard but it is thankless.

Some text is needed from the person in charge of any such concepts rather than from someone else in the team who does not know all the nuances. If the text is provided I can add it to the pedia in less than a minute.

It is not hard but it is thankless.

Some text is needed from the person in charge of any such concepts rather than from someone else in the team who does not know all the nuances. If the text is provided I can add it to the pedia in less than a minute.

I think its just hard to explain. That's why I provided linked to the original topics since its hard to sum up in just a paragraph or two.

Crime and Pollution have pages in the pedia under C2C Concepts.

The crimes, diseases, education levels and pollution auto-builds all have their own pedia pages under Buildings ('C' for crime, 'D' for Disease, 'E' for Education and 'P' for both types of pollution...).

Just separate out all of these and give them their own pages, like how wonders are not under buildings...

Why cluster everything as buildings.

I think its just hard to explain. That's why I provided linked to the original topics since its hard to sum up in just a paragraph or two.

Who said it had to be a paragraph or two. It can be as long as you like. Just as long as it is not about detail which can be found elsewhere and may change from version to version.

Of course if it can't be explained then perhaps it should not be in the mod:mischief:

Slightly off-topic, but I had a game recently (v33) where water pollution really made an impact. My main cities were getting close to 100 population, around mid industrial era, and suddenly a bunch of them started starving, and getting the corresponding revolution warnings. I checked the terrain and saw that most of the riverside plots were producing no food, even the farms were only making a couple.

I thought it was a problem with the Noria and Irrigation Canals buildings disappearing but nope, and spent ages trying to find the problem until I realised the cities had about a thousand water pollution each. I had to beeline Modern Sanitation to get water treatment plants in all my big cities.

The general descriptions in C2C concepts for each property are decent, and they don't get bogged down in detail. They could have a table of all the individual "buildings" they produce and a link to each of them in the Buildings section. Currently it's hard to see the cumulative result of having say 800 crime without adding up the effects of each individual building.

So far I've shattered more empires using crime than actual warfare. That could make a fun strategy guide, like: "How to use the mafia to destroy your enemies". It would be nice to be able to do that with pollution as well, then you could play a game as some sort of Captain Planet villain, defeating your enemies by polluting them into submission.

Why exactly are there half a dozen "Argumentative Awareness" properties in my city as early as the Ancient Era? Quite apart from the part that I can barely read them because the column breaks off after "Education - Ar", what is the specific need for six virtually identical traits? Just one trait which replaces the others and subsumes their effects would be much more effective.

Likewise, where are several of the Pest properties identical? Many of them that I've seen just add 1 unhappiness, remove 1 food and add +5 disease. The localisation is different, clearly, but if two traits have identical effects (let alone more), why are they both in the game?

Likewise, where are several of the Pest properties identical? Many of them that I've seen just add 1 unhappiness, remove 1 food and add +5 disease. The localisation is different, clearly, but if two traits have identical effects (let alone more), why are they both in the game?

You could make the same argument against the temples of most of the religions since they (mostly) have the same effect. Why not have just one temple and have it require any religion in the city?

Presumably you're intending to vary the effects of the various religions? If not, then having half a dozen identical pest properties with different names is in keeping with your current religions. I think that the idea of many of the properties is very interesting, but I struggle to understand the motives behind some of the implementation, e.g. why on earth you need six (or more!) Argumentative Awareness properties.

I have not seen any Argumentative Awareness properties in game, perhaps I have not played that far yet.

As to pests the intent is even if the pest buildings are the same they open up different buildings or effect different diseases for example.

I have not seen any Argumentative Awareness properties in game, perhaps I have not played that far yet.
He means the auto built buildings of the education property. And yes, I agree that it would be better to have one of those at a time with all the effects that multiple have now.
So instead of having Argumentive Awareness 1 starting from X education and then adding Argumentive Awareness 2 at Y education, have Argumentive Awareness 1 from X to Y education, Argumentative Awareness 2 from Y to Z education and so on.
That way there are not quite as many special buildings cluttering the lists of what you have built, at least where there is not really even flavor involved.

Why exactly are there half a dozen "Argumentative Awareness" properties in my city as early as the Ancient Era? Quite apart from the part that I can barely read them because the column breaks off after "Education - Ar", what is the specific need for six virtually identical traits? Just one trait which replaces the others and subsumes their effects would be much more effective.

I can't speak for the "Argumentative Awareness" (which Thunderbrd put in) but I can speak for the Pests (which I put in). They like many other buildings have similar stats because there are only so many stats you can give a building. Auto-Build Buildings are a special work around using the building system rather than say the event system.

Note there is much more I want to do with pests, but when it comes down to it, then are ment to be well, "pests". Something you don;t want in your city but can't quite get rid of. In the future there may be was to negate them or lessen their impact.

But for now they are a good counter balance for all the positive buildings you can make. And are very simple in their stats until there are better ways to deal with them.

Well, the various ArgAw properties each give +5% anarchy length. They could certainly be replaced with one properties that gives 25-30% (or what-have-you).

As noted above though, the mod really needs some write-ups on what all of these properties actually do for the game. It's certainly interesting having SimCity in my Civ game, but if I can't hit up the Civilopedia to find out why water pollution is bad, why I have tourism as a minor civilisation (really?) and so on, the mod is simply smothering any foolhardy people who try to play it.

He means the auto built buildings of the education property. And yes, I agree that it would be better to have one of those at a time with all the effects that multiple have now.
So instead of having Argumentive Awareness 1 starting from X education and then adding Argumentive Awareness 2 at Y education, have Argumentive Awareness 1 from X to Y education, Argumentative Awareness 2 from Y to Z education and so on.
That way there are not quite as many special buildings cluttering the lists of what you have built, at least where there is not really even flavor involved.

Sounds like something I can agree with. That would make it work more like promos for the layout at least. I wanted to name them all differently but those attempts got a little silly as I recall.

Top Bottom