New (updated) Standard Earth Map.

What should my turn times be at the beginning of the game? I have tried to play a few times and it seams to run really slow for me with 60 second turn times from the start and I am afraid that it will be unplayable within a couple hundred turns. I have a 64-bit system with 8 gigs of ram and an ok processor and video card. Can a change some settings to improve performance? I like the map though it is really good work.

Turn time is 90-95% dependant on the processor. What CPU do you have?

Sorry to have to say this - but due to recent changes on C2C SVN versions, these two maps no longer work.

I will try to solve the problems later _ but because of RLI, not in the immediate future.

They may still work on version 35 and earlier so I have not removed them -yet.

Thanks to alberts2 the No_CustomCivs version now loads.

For those using the custom civilizations version and the latest SVN.

Replace your current Custom_Civilizations folder with this one. Removed.

EDIT: 14 - OCT - 2014.

Removed download pending a new update of the map, which works with the new additions to custom civs in the SVN.

NOTE: Apache no longer supported in the new SVN version.

OK. After nearly 4 months the next version of the map is now ready. Version 5.

It can be downloaded from the first post, details of changes are in the second post.

There are 2 versions for C2C version 35 players and 1 version for SVN (revision 7943+) players.

All comments are welcome.

Enjoy.

Harrier.

Hi Harrier,

Thanks for the great map.

How would I go about using a scenario like this but starting in a later era (with the appropriate techs)?

I tried editing the file in notepad by changing the starting era from prehistoric to renaissance as test and it doesn't work.

Any ideas on how this can be done? I'm looking to start turn 0 later on in the timeline.

Hi Harrier,

Thanks for the great map.

How would I go about using a scenario like this but starting in a later era (with the appropriate techs)?

I tried editing the file in notepad by changing the starting era from prehistoric to renaissance as test and it doesn't work.

Any ideas on how this can be done? I'm looking to start turn 0 later on in the timeline.
I would go into to world builder and edit player data and edit technologies and proceed to add them by era.
It is time consuming.
Standard map will map it less taxing on your system.

SVN version updated and new random map added

I have updated the SVN version of the Map. It now has 20 Civs.

Changes are:

1. Made all mountains have Snow tiles. (change only applies if you use terrain damage)

2. Removed Rome, Mongolia, Vikings, India, Greece and Carthage. They never seemed to expand and slowed other civs expansion. (Now 20 Civs)

3. Moved the start location of some civs (because of the above change.).

4. Numerous tile changes due to gameplay and feedback. Added more land, changed/removed bonus's etc.

5. Added Natron bonus, do not know how I missed this.

6. There is now a version with no preset Civs.Choose your own Civs and leaders.

Note: The initial start positions will be random for your first game only. Subsequent games will be in the same or very similar positions. This is probably due to the plot evaluation method used when deciding where to place the Civs.

The two new maps are in the first post.

I have left the two version 35 maps there. But it should be noted that they have NOT been updated.

EDIT. As version 36 is now available, the version 35 maps are now removed.

Enjoy.

Harrier.

As version 36 is now released - I have removed the two V35 versions. The current version is in V36 and the SVN.

NEWS: (Oct 2015) I will be soon including a 7 Civ pre-set version, when I have finished updating the map.

Also I will post my own animal spawn file, for those that want to install it. (This will not be in the SVN.)

Harrier.

As version 36 is now released - I have removed the two V35 versions. The current version is in V36 and the SVN.

NEWS: (Oct 2015) I will be soon including a 7 Civ pre-set version, when I have finished updating the map.

Also I will post my own animal spawn file, for those that want to install it. (This will not be in the SVN.)

Harrier.

whats different about your spawn file? is it adjusted to the America on the western side projection? if so could i use it on my map? progress is a bit slow but I'm almost done with features.

whats different about your spawn file? is it adjusted to the America on the western side projection? if so could i use it on my map? progress is a bit slow but I'm almost done with features.

Well initially it will be adjusted for my SEM+ map. America is on the west but so is New Zealand.

Later on I will be producing a version for the LEM map (New Zealand on the East).

Of course you can use it if you want too. But you will probably need to do some fine tuning. i.e. the Lat. and Long. of my Australia may be different to yours. As will be N,Z.

You may want to wait for my LEM map, (larger map, so co-ordinates may be better.). But considering it took along time to adjust the SEM+ map. It will a few months before I can do that.

From another thread:

The trick here, of course, is to not get too frustrated with constant updates requiring adaptations to existing scenarios you've already designed. ;) There's probably to be quite a bit of those core mod adjustments to come. Which is probably why it's been something many folks have been wary of diving into. Sadly, most scenarios and maps made for C2C have become outdated by now.

I still lurk - but RL stops me from playing and updating my maps (in any great detail) at the moment.

I can easily add the Lake changes, if you want me to - to stop sea animals spawning in lakes. Now that I can add them and still use WB - the way I want too.

But the new coastal/sea/ocean changes will take much longer. A lot of research needed and a great amount of time to place all the tiles in the correct places.

So will be on my, to-do much later list.

A post about how these new sea type tiles will effect the mod would be useful. That is how do they effect boats/ships/animals etc.

And if not implemented - how detrimental to the mod will it be.

FYI. I have started to produce my own spawn file for SEM+, but some animals do not yet spawn in sufficiect quantities in some area's. I am aiming for 5+ over a few hundred turns on a smallish map.

This is using the default settings - not editing new_dawn_global_defines.

For those that use the SVN. I have updated my maps to use the new terrain changes.

e.g.. TERRAIN_POLAR_COAST was changed to TERRAIN_COAST_POLAR

There are also two more maps with fewer Civs. Sem has 7 and Lem 10.

In addition there have been some tweaks to the maps.

As these maps will not work with version 36 I have not added them to this thread.

Another set of maps going away. No updates for 2+ years. C2C has changed very much since these were put out.

EDIT: They are now Updated to SVN 10405. Thank you Harrier. :)

Last edited:
Top Bottom