Why do I see other players getting attacked?

GHOSTBRAVO6

Chieftain
I started a game a little while ago and I noticed that after I end a turn, I see other players getting attacked by barbarians or what not. It literally drags my screen over to where they are getting attacked and I have to go back to my civ, and this is in singleplayer. Anyone know how to get rid of this?

This doesn't happen unless the area where the fight occurs is visible to you. This might because one of your spies is near the area of the conflict.

well that's strange how can you even see that if the fog of war (I mean the darkened one not the white mist) is covering the area?

You might have a scout in the area and not realize it. They can be sneaky. I usually turn the single player quick combat on in times of peace where all they show is other people fighting and Barbarian fights. However, when I'm in war against somebody I like to have it on so that I know where I'm being attacked and how. But when I get to the atomic age where everything is done through planes, I rotate it every few turns or so, because it's annoying watching 10 air strikes in a row.

You also get vision of war based on what your allies can see.

I can't remember the exact criterion, but CS above a certain level (friends?) will enable you to "see" attacks they can see.

I think there is also a similar thing for AI Civs. Perhaps at DoF?

Also an embassy allows you to see what happens around the city with the embassy in it.

You can check by looking at how "well lit" the land is. Land you can see is brighter than land you have seen previously but cannot see at present.

Single Player combat. Turn it off. Takes so long. Or turn it off at the end of your turns.

Embassies don't grant vision. CS allies grant vision. Spies grant vision. Allied AIs don't grant vision.
Vision doesn't necessarily affect what battles you are dragged to.

Top Bottom