Bug Reports

It crashed a second time during the Industrial Age. I'm on a large map. One of the older mods I played was FFH 2. I'd imagine that is a pretty consuming mod. I played it on the largest scales it allowed and never ran into any issues, not even lag. Would you please explain what blue marble is? Also, how would I turn it off?

FFH2 on the largest settings, huh. Im not sure but it would seem that is a large mod, but appearances can be deceiving. Ill have to lurk around in the FFH thread to get an idea of its requirements. But I would be willing to wager that if it is more taxing on your computer its not by much. I would also wager that most of the ethnic art heavy mods have just as complicated art. Until I figure out a solution or Phungus pipes in you should probably turn your current game down to low graphics. I know that sucks but it will help in the meantime. Others would probably suggest playing on standard size maps, but I have played on large and had very few MAFs, back when LoR wasnt as kind to your computer.

Blue marble is just a graphics enhancement mod (just makes the colors/terrain prettier, totally not neccesary to have installed). It does tax your computer a little more. It was one of the boxes you check when you install. To know if you have it on look at the first couple of before/after shots here: Blue Marble 4.0

Well as always, if this bug is reproduceable (Ie you save, load your game, and get a crash on the same turn, and will always get a crash from this save on the next turn), then please upload a save so I can take a look. That's a critical bug, and would need to be fixed. If it's just late game, and the game is running slow, you get a MAF crash, you reload, play a few more turns, and it crashes again, that's machine specific. I have no way to fix that, it's an issue with your system's hardware/software. Currently I'm working on releasing a LoR light core, which will remove ethnic unit art, and ethnic city artt. That should help with the users that are getting MAFs. However I'm rebuilding the ArtDefinesUnit file from scratch here, and this is going to take a bit.

Were Explorers meant to obsolete? I'm in the Industrial Era of current game, and I use them as Stack Medics late game, and they're gone. :eek: If they obsolete, the 'Pedia needs to updated to state that and when. Also, the entry needs to be updated anyway because it states that Explorers can't attack, when apparently they can (English Explorer did a Worker snatch on me, much to my dismay).

Query: Since they can attack now, and the AI actually marches stacks of them around like they're units, can they be used as cheap garrisons to get rid of the "We damand military protection" happiness penalty? In any event, since the AI really can't use them too well, should the ability to attack be removed?

It's not a bug, but in one of the tip windows (you get them while loading or starting a game) there's a misspelling. I didn't get to write down the whole tip (if I see it again I will) down but it said something along the lines of 'one over' it should be 'won over'.

Also, just out of curiosity, a lot of my units are called archers even are a different unit. I think that's a BUG mod window. Is that just a limitation with the game and amount of units?

It's just one of the many optional means of naming units.

Playing the new LoR Light Test version I am getting CTD at the end of this turn.

http://forums.civfanatics.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=220499&stc=1&d=1247165243

I have made an XML change though. I edit the Civ4GamespeedInfo.xml file (copying the original from vanilla BTS into the mod folder first of course) changing some values for the Marathon speed to increase research times slightly, and reduce time to build buildings and wonders slightly. However even after deleting that file and reloading the crash persists.

Attachments

• LOR Light Crash.CivBeyondSwordSave
    272.8 KB · Views: 127
Checked it, and no crash in the latest release. I had originally released LoR light 8 hours before the current release, there were only 2 recorded downloads of it, so I didn't bother noting it. The old one was missing the art defines entry for the siege tower (didn't realize the siege tower model was considered a unit). Easy fix for you, either copy the entry for the siege tower from Beyond the Sword (talking about the ArtDefinesUnit file here), or reinstall the current version.

Looks like an interesting game you got going on though, might just play it a bit.

Hey thanks, that worked perfectly!

Looks like an interesting game you got going on though, might just play it a bit.
I am a noob and was having a bit of fun in WB so I gave myself and a few AIs some resources :mischief:

Also I wasn't content with a standard BFC-shaped Great Wall so I gave myself some territory for a turn to extend the wall through the road and to my second city :king:

Thought you ought to be aware ;)

An issue on Windows Vista and Windows 7: BUG tries to write configuration files to Program Files in LoR or LoR light folder. Currently the easiest fix is to manually go ahead and give write permissions to the folder, but it would be better if:
  • the installation program would do this automatically, or
  • the configuration files would be stored in BtS style folders such as C:\Users\X\Documents\My Games\Legends of Revolution\ or C:\Users\X\AppData\Local\My Games\Legends of Revolution\

The My Games folder seems to be a hardcoded one that multiple games use. Both "My Documents" and "Local Application Data" are special folders just like Program Files is (also note that Local Application Data is different from Application Data).

Hmm, would be easy enough to store the ini files in the My Documents path. Unfortunately I don't think the engine allows you to split a mod into two seperate folders like that.

Frederick made a quite intresting landing attempt: 10 bombards only (v. 0.9.4a).

landing0000.JPG

And also one great general was accompanying the stack commandeering a bombard. The latter was also reported by bestbrian (great general on ram in that case) here and in BetterAI forums, and solution was also proposed in BAI forum (by Cybah):
You should simply remove the "PROMOTION_LEADER" from siege units in Civ4PromotionInfos.xml. Don't think this is an AI glitch.
Could this be a similar case that new units don't have "optimal" tags for AI?

Thanks for the report. I've seen similar (small stacks of nothing but siege), but never anything this agregious. I'll post a report in the BBAI forums, this is definatly something jdog would want to take care of. I'm also positive this is regular BtS behavior, and not intrinsic to the mod, it's just that with BBAI the AI is better at sending it's stacks, so you end up seeing poor unit combinations like this more often.

Reported in BBAI forum here:
http://forums.civfanatics.com/showpost.php?p=8260203&postcount=361

Top Bottom