Some Modern Units ( Infantries and Riflemen )

coffee junkie

Tech Hippie
Incredible ... I think I successed to replace one head with another one in NifSkope !!!!!

:rotfl: :lol:

But it should be better if someone around could check it ... I mean check the the nif in in NifSkope to be sure I didn't make something wrong.

here the unit : a Russian Modern Unit ( to use at your conveniance : I use it as a Marine ). I worked much on it. Hope you'll enjoy ! :) It is based on The Capo and achilleszero Mongol unit work ... I loved the Chapka !

DOWNLOAD
( infantry animation )

Edited this post to add all my modern units :) I love to use the high texture created by Millenia ! So, I study asioasio Spain modern units in NifSkope and used first his Italian modern units and then, started to change some pixels and some details to create some different packs of modern units. Don't take care with flags on the pictures ! Thanks ;)

RUSSIA MODERN UNITS

- Russian units : Infantry - Machine Gunner - Marine - AT Infantry - SAM Infantry

Download
( use basic game animations except the Marine who uses infantry animation )

VIKING MODERN UNITS

- Viking units : Infantry - Machine Gunner - Marine - AT Infantry - SAM Infantry

Download
( use basic game animations )

ROME MODERN UNITS

Based on asioasio fantastic Bersiglieri !

- Rome units : Infantry - Machine Gunner - Marine - AT Infantry

Download

ENGLAND MODERN UNITS

- England units : Infantry - Machine Gunner - Marine - AT Infantry - SAM Infantry

Download

JAPAN MODERN UNITS

- Japan units : Infantry - Machine Gunner - Marine - AT Infantry - SAM Infantry

Download

NATIVE MODERN UNITS

- Native units : Infantry - Machine Gunner - Marine - AT Infantry - SAM Infantry

Download

AFRICA MODERN UNITS

- Africa units : Infantry - Machine Gunner - Marine - AT Infantry - SAM Infantry

Download

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

- This comes from SeZereth WW1 Infantry pack :) I remixed a bit ( a very little bit indeed ) some pixels and made a nordic unit which is a WW1 infantry I use as a viking rifleman ;)

Viking_Rifleman

And I use this tag :

Spoiler :

Code:
<UnitArtInfo>
			<Type>ART_DEF_UNIT_VIKING_RIFLEMAN</Type>
			<Button>Art/Interface/Buttons/EMMUnits/btn_viking_rifleman.dds</Button>
			<fScale>0.42</fScale>
			<fInterfaceScale>1.0</fInterfaceScale>
			<bActAsLand>0</bActAsLand>
			<bActAsAir>0</bActAsAir>
			<NIF>Art/Units/EMMUnits/Scandinavia/Viking_Rifleman/InfantryRussia.nif</NIF>
			<KFM>Art/Units/Infantry/Infantry.kfm</KFM>
			<SHADERNIF>Art/Units/EMMUnits/Scandinavia/Viking_Rifleman/InfantryRussia_fx.nif</SHADERNIF>
			<ShadowDef>
				<ShadowNIF>Art/Units/01_UnitShadows/UnitShadow.nif</ShadowNIF>
				<ShadowAttachNode>BIP Pelvis</ShadowAttachNode>
				<fShadowScale>1.0</fShadowScale>
			</ShadowDef>
			<fBattleDistance>0.28</fBattleDistance>
			<fRangedDeathTime>0.05</fRangedDeathTime>
			<bActAsRanged>1</bActAsRanged>
			<TrainSound>AS2D_UNIT_BUILD_UNIQUE_UNIT</TrainSound>
			<AudioRunSounds>
				<AudioRunTypeLoop/>
				<AudioRunTypeEnd/>
			</AudioRunSounds>
		</UnitArtInfo>

- To finish, still 2 infantries from WW1 SeZereth Pack I slightly modified. Russian and Frenchy I use as Riflemen :)

Russia_Rifleman

And the tags I use :

Spoiler :

Code:
<UnitArtInfo>
			<Type>ART_DEF_UNIT_RUSSIA_RIFLEMAN</Type>
			<Button>Art/Interface/Buttons/EMMUnits/btn_russia_rifleman.dds</Button>
			<fScale>0.42</fScale>
			<bActAsAir>0</bActAsAir>
			<NIF>Art/Units/EMMUnits/Russia/Russia_Rifleman/InfantryRussia.nif</NIF>
			<KFM>Art/Units/Infantry/Infantry.kfm</KFM>
			<SHADERNIF>Art/Units/EMMUnits/Russia/Russia_Rifleman/InfantryRussia_fx.nif</SHADERNIF>
			<ShadowDef>
			</ShadowDef>
			<AudioRunSounds>
				<AudioRunTypeLoop/>
				<AudioRunTypeEnd/>
			</AudioRunSounds>
		</UnitArtInfo>

France_Rifleman

And the tag I use :

Spoiler :

Code:
<UnitArtInfo>	
			<Type>ART_DEF_UNIT_FRANCE_RIFLEMAN</Type>	
			<Button>Art/Interface/Buttons/EMMUnits/btn_france_rifleman.dds</Button>		
			<fScale>0.43</fScale>		
			<bActAsAir>0</bActAsAir>
			<NIF>Art/Units/EMMUnits/France/France_Rifleman/Ethiopian_OromoWarrior_Russia2.nif</NIF>		
			<KFM>Art/Units/EMMUnits/Unique_Ethiopia_OromoWarrior/Ethiopian_OromoWarrior.kfm</KFM>		
		<SHADERNIF>Art/Units/EMMUnits/France/France_Rifleman/Ethiopian_OromoWarrior_Russia2.nif</SHADERNIF>	
			<ShadowDef>			
			</ShadowDef>		
			<AudioRunSounds>			
			<AudioRunTypeLoop/>			
			<AudioRunTypeEnd/>		
			</AudioRunSounds>	
		</UnitArtInfo>

:crazyeye:

These last units re-skin is not a finished work. I'm looking for someone who could work on some WW1 mesh !? AVIS ;)

NEW ADD !

FRANCE MODERN UNITS

- France units : Infantry - Machine Gunner - AT Infantry - SAM Infantry - Marine

Download
( use game animations )

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Thank you The J :)

Here are the missing units from the first post ...
The first set is full based on Danrell Middle-East Infantries, I reskinned the uniform then, I used the AT Infantry head and put it on the modern units meshes ( in NifSkope ) and use these units for Arabia, Sumeria and Egypt civilizations :)

MIDDLE EAST MODERN UNITS

- Middle East units : Infantry - Machine Gunner - AT Infantry - SAM Infantry

Download

INDIA MODERN UNITS

- India units : Infantry - Machine Gunner - Marine - AT Infantry - SAM Infantry

Download

OTTOMAN MODERN UNITS

- Ottoman units : Infantry - Machine Gunner - Marine - AT Infantry

Download

Despite of the picture, I will upload the ottoman cavalry later ...

I made too a set of french modern units but the uniform is a mix of Naval Infantry and Air Force ( for the hat ) so ... not sure if it can be interesting for the fans of rally accurate uniforms history ! ;)

These are awesome. Is there a sticky where I can read how to use these?

Thanks for your comment :) I updated my first post and added the animations I use to make them working in game.

Coffee Junkie, how am I supposed to DL the american infantry? The link below it says England infantry and then gives me ME_Infantry.zip????:confused:

My apologizes achilleszero ! I wrote a wrong link related to the Tommy :rolleyes: which is an english unit but can be used as a WW1 USA infantry unit as well I think.

Link is corrected.

I know the fantastic work you do because I'm reading a lot your posts and the ones of The Capo related to unit creation ! :lol:

Should you agree to work on the mesh of the infantries/riflemen of the SeZereth units ? Especially the head and the feet ? I would like so much working on some WW1 units ... I downloaded some great pictures and would try to make acurate uniforms ... something I never really did :D

Related to the Russian units : I changed the head. Could you check if everything is OK ?

Thank you !!! :)

Here another unit I just finished : another Celtic Rifleman ( older times than WW1 )

I changed the head and worked on the skin. The mesh is based on the English Red Coat :

DOWNLOAD
( english redcoat animation )

Yikes, I don't know anything about editing tags with this game. I guess I should just leave it to the professionals :)

Thanks again for your great textures and your willingness to help me use the skins, but I think I'll wait until I know more.

Very very good. How about a Celtic Cannon and Cavalry based on that unit there? :goodjob:

Also why don't you post these to the database? There have been so many times that people disappear, or don't have time to come back to CFC and over time their work gets lost. Its the right thing to do.

EDIT: One last question though - what units are those "Viking" WWI units based on?

Very very good. How about a Celtic Cannon and Cavalry based on that unit there? :goodjob:

Why not ! :) I agree for the cannon. I must confess I dislike the Cannon unit in game. Gosh ! this unit is so ugly and ridiculous in BTS ! The human unit near the cannon is much too small and looks like hell :lol:

The only cannon I like is a one made by Chuggi I believe, but it was a more ancient cannon. I should find it again in CFC and study it :)

I know almost nothing about guns. And my knowledge of NifSkope is very basic for instance. So, if someone is ok with it, he could help me to do a Cavalry unit ! ;)

Also why don't you post these to the database? There have been so many times that people disappear, or don't have time to come back to CFC and over time their work gets lost. Its the right thing to do.

You are right. I have to post to the database. And I will. But don't worry, I'm not going to disappear these times :lol:

Anyway, I'm going to update my mod tomorrow or after-tomorrow ( Etnhic Mix Mod ) and all these units will be included :)

EDIT: One last question though - what units are those "Viking" WWI units based on?

I said that ? :eek: Gosh, my english is a real mix of words sometimes ! I meant ... I made a Cavalry unit based on Cossack for Viking and I used the WW1 infantry units of seZereth to make a Viking rifleman ( see my first post )

It's surely not acurate in history of uniforms but I'm going step by step in the world of unit creation ! ;)

riddleofsteel : did you find the threads related to tags inserts ? As I previously said, I'm going to update Ethnic Mix Mod and all these units will be included :) It's very simple to install and use :) So, it should be OK for you until you learn how to insert tags ! :cool:

To all : thank you for your comments and suggestions and help :D

I said that ? :eek: Gosh, my english is a real mix of words sometimes ! I meant ... I made a Cavalry unit based on Cossack for Viking and I used the WW1 infantry units of seZereth to make a Viking rifleman ( see my first post )

Oh not a problem, I was just wondering if there was a specific country's uniform it was based on (like Norway as an example) that's all. It's fine, they look good.

I can't think of what you could use to create the Celtic Cannon or Cavalry. I attempted to do a reskin of Zerver's Greek Industrial-era units but I had some iffy results.

EDIT: I actually attached an image of the what I had done so far, I still have to texture the torso and give him a new head and all that but this is what I was thinking could be done.

I can't think of what you could use to create the Celtic Cannon or Cavalry. I attempted to do a reskin of Zerver's Greek Industrial-era units but I had some iffy results.

It's really great to reskin these units ! :goodjob:
Are you doing something acurate with uniforms ?

Do you have some picture of your work I could see ? The idea is excellent and at last, the Cannon unit is fine and the size seems good !

If I can help : just ask and I will but not before November's 2nd because I'm in the last run of Ethnic Mix Mod update :)

hahahaha : didn't see your edit when I wrote. Going to look much your picture :) I think I see your point.

I am not exactly sure what I am going to do just yet, I just needed some flavored units for the Celtic Cannon and Cavalry, so I was thinking of reskinning these guys.

Well, I threw together a Celtic Cavalry. I think I'm going to replace the ones Bernie made too (I think he made a Rifleman and a Grenadier) because in my mod I have Scotland as a civ and I want to give them different units. So I'll also make a Grenadier as well as a Cannon. I used the head from Bakuel's Celtic Musketman for this unit. What do you think?

Working on these musketmen but the basic musketman doesn't suit to me. I much prefer the Oromo Warrior animation ;)

Well, I threw together a Celtic Cavalry. I think I'm going to replace the ones Bernie made too (I think he made a Rifleman and a Grenadier) because in my mod I have Scotland as a civ and I want to give them different units. So I'll also make a Grenadier as well as a Cannon. I used the head from Bakuel's Celtic Musketman for this unit. What do you think?

Sorry to answer you a bit late ... I'm in the run to finish the update of Ethnic Mix More mod and I forgot I wanted to update almost all Native units ... :crazyeye:

I'd like to finish some other modern units too before uploading ;)

Anyway : your cavalry is on its way to be a great unit ! Don't forget to upload it asap you finish it ! :lol:

I reskinned one Greek unit you show me ( the ones from Zerver I think ) and maybe it could be an idea to make the Celtic Rifleman based on the Greek one ... What do you think ?

Here is the picture :

And the download :

DOWNLOAD
( ethiopian oromo warrior animation )

I changed the head, touched some pixels and I think the texture of the jacket will be more easy to change if needed ... But I met some head placement problems with the Cavalry based on this new model ...

PS : I updated too the Russian Marine unit below with another gun :) ( asioasio made this gun )

Top Bottom