Caveman 2 Cosmos (ideas/discussions thread)

A long while back Koshling made some changes to address a concern that the Settlers were being reckless. Sounds like it might have gone a little too far... That would be part of what I think we may have some trouble with here.

A long while back Koshling made some changes to address a concern that the Settlers were being reckless. Sounds like it might have gone a little too far... That would be part of what I think we may have some trouble with here.

The Hatti in that game had 3 settler groups milling about in an open plain area between our empires. For many game years. It was not until I starting surrounding one such group that it finally settled next to my newest city (had the whole plains area to pick from but decided to move and settle next to me the largest empire, That's dumb!). This triggered war between us and I razed the city. The Hatti had 12 cites at that time. The war cost them 2 more settler groups 2 more Razed cities and 3 captured cities. Their Capital was in sight when I quit playing that game.

JosEPh

Just finished a game on Gigantic, Eternity because of crashes. I know my fault but if it would be useful I can upload it if it would be useful?

. I think it might be interesting because it is based on the SVN before the maintenance changes yet there are definite AI expansion issues

Why would be impossible put a limit on the maximal numbers of units (and on maximal animals spreaded) based on population, number of cities, period (medioeval, ancient etc), golden age or number ofgreat general or civics etc? Perhaps with a great, great increase in revolution if you are over the limit? Perhaps setting a higher limit if you are at war?
So you could stay below the maximal units number consented by game, and could be useful to reduce time between turn and max memory usage.
Sorry if it is a stupid question.

. I think it might be interesting because it is based on the SVN before the maintenance changes yet there are definite AI expansion issues

See i knew it was before the maintenance stuff added.:p

I think I broke the game a little. :lol:

Raging Barbarians on an Arboria map is absolutely insane. I spawned 8 Great Hunters by Sedentary Lifestyle and was only using a single hunting unit.

Attachments

• 2014-08-28_00001.jpg
    2014-08-28_00001.jpg
    487.6 KB · Views: 159
@alberts2:
Question, does TD take all civs into account or only the ones you've met. IMO it should be the latter; alas, maybe it just not could.

Assuming it's the same as the BBAI/RAND tech diffusion code, it only takes into account civs you have met.

SVN 7799 (pre v35).

The Great Farmer can breed many animals. But, it can not breed Guinea Pigs. It should be able to.

Is there anywhere in the UI that the current difficulty setting is shown for an AI with the new AI flexible difficulty enabled?

So techincal Question. On latest SVn the research speed is too fast for me on Eternity.

I went into xml and adjusted the iResearch on Eternity to 3000 and copied it into the folder but it just caused a whole lot of conflicts and game couldnt load.

Is there something I am missing? The instructions say Glocal Defines and CultureLevels.info need to be updated but what does updated mean? I dont see where in those folders thsi chnage would affect anything.......

So technical Question. On latest SVN the research speed is too fast for me on Eternity.

I went into xml and adjusted the iResearch on Eternity to 3000 and copied it into the folder but it just caused a whole lot of conflicts and game couldnt load.

Is there something I am missing? The instructions say Glocal Defines and CultureLevels.info need to be updated but what does updated mean? I dont see where in those folders this change would affect anything.......

Are you sure that was the ONLY thing you changed at that point, because that by itself should not cause any problems at all??
Did you do a PLay NOw game first??
Did you start your game right away from another played game????

@alberts2,

Thank you again for another fabulous fix! Finding and fixing that "Huge" mem leak in the units file is excellent news!

Thank you again! :) :goodjob:

JosEPh

Top Bottom