Quick Questions and Answers

It just appears. the injury to the owner is loss of the trade route unit (caravan or cargo ship) and its flow of gold and beakers.

Yeah, that's what I figured. I nabbed 200*2 from Austria last night, and when I checked she was losing ~60 GPT.

Another question. I know both sides of the trade route gets upset with you if you plunder. But what about civ <-> CS routes? Will the CS or their ally get angry?

Is it possible to find out if wonders of the world are under construction by other civs?
Also is it possible to see a list of wonders built by which civ and city?

The right-most top tab on the Diplomacy screen will show the wonders each civ has current possession of.

As far as which city is building a wonder or has the wonder, if you have sight on the city, the wonders it has or is constructing can be seen around the city (if you can recognize them). If you have a spy or diplomat established in a city you can view its city screen which shows the wonders and buildings within the city and what it is currently building.,

Sometimes, a spy will let you know that a specific civ is constructing a wonder.

Is it possible to find out if wonders of the world are under construction by other civs?
Also is it possible to see a list of wonders built by which civ and city?

Most wonders have sprite so you can tell on which city they are. As for knowing what is under construction afaik spies allow you access to the city screen so you can see which buildings have already been constructed. Not sure if it will tell you what's currently being constructed though, I only send my spies to city-states.

Depends. A city will connect strategic resources and luxury resources once you research the required tech, so you get happiness and a usable resources for trading and/or building buildings and units that require the resource. But you do not get the as-if-improved tile yield from the resource or luxury (I.e., the yield if you built a mine or plantation or stable or whatever) instead of a city.

Great Person tile improvements operate similarly except only for strategic resources, not luxuries

The Academy is now a tile improvement. Put your Great Scientist on a tile outside and build it there. It gives 5 beakers.

I have one big problem: I can't get enough money! I know this is a big question but what are the main sources of gold in this game? How do I get the best out of a gold-specialized city?

2 words... trade routes

Faith builds religion buildings - but I am unable to discover how that is done. Help please.

Faith builds religion buildings - but I am unable to discover how that is done. Help please.

How much faith does one need to found a religion?

2) Can great person improvements (Academy) be built outside tiles of your control and still help your civ? This way a farmland tile is not used up?

3) Natural Wonders. I found Mt. Fiji but it is very far away from my civ, what can I do with it? Or is just discovering all you can do?

4) What ships can carry units?

1. 200 faith (at standard speed) is the minimum faith to found a religion. Once you hit 200 faith, you have a random chance of spawning a Great Prophet, which you need to found a religion. See http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=521452 for more.

2. No. That would be a waste of a GP tile improvement.

3. If there is room to found a city within 3 tiles of Mt. Fuji and you expect your city borders can include Mt. Fuji (either through natural border growth or by buying tiles) before another civ or CS takes the Mt. Fuji tile, you can found a city there and assign a citizen to work the Mt. Fuji tile for extra faith.

4. The only ships that can carry units are carriers (aircraft and missiles) and subs (missiles). Land units don't need transports -- once you research optics, they can embark on water tiles without a transport (coastal and lake tiles initially; you need Astronomy for any unit (land or naval) to enter ocean tiles that are not inside your culture borders). Embarked land units have very modest defensive capabilities, so having a naval unit on the same tile (they can stack) can be helpful if you anticipate entering hostile waters.

I'm planning to play Russia next. Their tundra start sucks a bit but since I always play against random Civs I don't' want to turn off Start Bias. There are Civs that are terrain dependent and it would mess the game for them (disastrous for Venice). What I want to do instead is to at least make the tundra a little bit more liveable without making life hard for eveyone else.

What I want is a smaller ice cap and hence fewer snow tiles (not to few though in case Sweden appears). Of course smaller tundras would be ok as well since they're unproductive anway (it's not like there's a tundra counterpart to the kasbah). I can probably get by with wider tundras, I just want the snow pushed further to the poles. Also want most of those tundra forested so I'm at least getting some production from those without a water source or the optipn to chop them down to rush stuff.

Would Hot and Wet do the trick? I tried reading about the settings on blogs and it seems higher temperature would increase desertification (hopefully not too much) but I'm not sure how much the snow would contract. As for higher rainfall, from what I've read it increases the chance of marshes appearing and the transitioning of forest to jungle. Obviously, jungles won't sprout on tundras but I have no idea if that would make more forest grow. For all I know, all that water might just end up freezing. :0

I don't have mods BTW.

1) I got a great musician, two actually, and can't do anything with either.
I do not have open borders so I can't perform a concert and I have no great musician slots apparently.
How do I know if I have a slot/how can I create a slot? It's wasteful just zzzzzzing them every turn.

2) Any guides or tips on religion and ideology for science/other victories? It's vast choices that are ene minno mo?

3) I got two spyes, how do I get more? Also I've had a half dozen or so techs stolen from my capital, how do I play defense?

For music slots, build Opera Houses.

You get 1 spy as you enter each era (only exception is Renaissance, where everyone gets their Renaissance Era spy when the first player enters the Renaissance).

To get more spies, either play as England (they get one extra spy at Renaissance) or build the National Intelligence Agency (National Wonder that requires Police Stations in all cities; gives you one extra spy and promotes each spy by one level). To play defense, assign a spy to perform counterintelligence in your capital and consider building a constabulary and a police station in your capital (both slow down the tech steal rate).

On religion and ideologies for science victories, all I can advise (in a "Quick Answers" thread) is that you browse the Strategies & Tips forum and its War Academy subforum.

For music slots, build Opera Houses.

You get 1 spy as you enter each era (only exception is Renaissance, where everyone gets their Renaissance Era spy when the first player enters the Renaissance).

To get more spies, either play as England (they get one extra spy at Renaissance) or build the National Intelligence Agency (National Wonder that requires Police Stations in all cities; gives you one extra spy and promotes each spy by one level). To play defense, assign a spy to perform counterintelligence in your capital and consider building a constabulary and a police station in your capital (both slow down the tech steal rate).

On religion and ideologies for science victories, all I can advise (in a "Quick Answers" thread) is that you browse the Strategies & Tips forum and its War Academy subforum.
Thanks.

1) What is the best military template for trying for a non dom win?

Is one ranged unit per city upgraded when available sufficient?

You can't do it in-game. Presumably, as the wiki describes, you can enable logging, and then alt-tab out of the game to check the logs.

I've never bothered to do it. I get enough feedback from the civs in the game.

if you capture a city state can you liberate it after? because i want to wipeout all the city states but if i get embargoed after i want to be able to liberate them so i can trade with them and when i got a great writer and a great artist even though i had tonnes of great works slots i couldnt make a great work with them

Top Bottom