Ials pbem #1

I was out getting wellied last night.

I don't even know what Ag is. You play the same game and take turns?

I tried, when this game started a pitboss game, and it was pretty fun at the start, but well, I didn't know the other players, and there were all kinds of difficulties of people dropping out and such. But even more the game suffered because there were practically no diplomacy, the turn time limits were so short, and well, I'm not used to the half real time games, so my glorious armies got decimated when the opponent attacked it twice before I could attack him even once.

But I was thinking that it would be nice to try pitboss too with players who are perhaps less into quick fights and more into building, and who weren't total strangers. I mean, it increases patience when you know the other players at least by their forum names. And it also makes it possible to agree on things before the game.

I could propose this in Cutlass' group, but have this far been too lazy to do so. ;)

A succession game is where a team of players have a set number of turns in a single player game and then pass it on.

I think it's a round number birthday too (70?).

He doesn't drink though so he can't be that mashed.

Moral of the story: if we didn't drink so much maybe we'd get to celebrate our 70th birthday too ;)

Ask again when you are 69.

I don't think my answer will change. I'm not looking forward to 50, which isn't far away.

Er, yeah - sorry people; I just spent the weekend on the Beacons teaching navigation, forgot to post... belated GPS... and before you ask there's no better way to spend a birthday than in 70-miles-per-hour headwind on a Welsh ridgeline!

What's Beacons?

And though it's a bit delayed: Happy birthday FP! :)

Cheers. The [Brecon] Beacons are a very hilly part of Wales which chose this weekend to have some of the fiercest wind and rain I've had the good fortune to experience - one of the lads got himself blown into a gauze-bush!

You can get blown in a bush on Hampstead Heath I heard.

Top Bottom