Crime & Punishment

This is why we need to start defining our nation's legalities somewhat with some extra civic option categories I think. SHOW some societal pros and cons between determining the legalities of various operations and give the player some power of choice in the matter!

This is why we need to start defining our nation's legalities somewhat with some extra civic option categories I think. SHOW some societal pros and cons between determining the legalities of various operations and give the player some power of choice in the matter!

You could probably tie it to religion.
Some shun it, some turn a blind eye, others are 'meh'

Question: Why doesn't Seminary reduce crime. It's a natural fit. It should be included in the Crime reducing set of Builds/Buildings imho.

JosEPh

I've been building it all thru the Medieval era. Did I spell it wrong? Guess I'll post a screenshot of it from the build ques if you can't place it. :/

JosEPh

Edit: see screenshot.

I've been building it all thru the Medieval era. Did I spell it wrong? Guess I'll post a screenshot of it from the build ques if you can't place it. :/

JosEPh

Edit: see screenshot.

Must have been with GenaralStaff's civic buildings. I am guessing that I just don't use the civic that it is unlocked with much. Its probably still in the core then.

How much anti-crime do you think it should get?

Must have been with GenaralStaff's civic buildings. I am guessing that I just don't use the civic that it is unlocked with much. Its probably still in the core then.

How much anti-crime do you think it should get?

-5 ish?

Do brothels currently give negative crime, can't recall, if not perhaps they should. How about banks and markets giving small negative crime too? Maybe buildings such as banks, markets and such could give -happiness, I think generally someone should go through and add some more additional negative happiness to some of the buildings, i probably shouldn't hijack discussion like this but wanted to add that gov pets and menagerie should not give +1 happy I think *relating to overall ease of having surplus happies.

Reason brothel increases crime -
Infanticide, more unwanted pregnancies particularly when contraception wasn't so good.

People smuggling, and female sexual enslavement.

Cause 'brothel barons' who would power struggle.

In most modern cultures, Prostitution IS crime. This is because it spreads sexually communicable diseases and breaks down family values. And due to a plethora of religious influences of course. Which is kinda funny really, given that one of the earliest religious practices in Mesopotamian temples to Inanna was the practice of prostitution by the priestesses.

i don´t thinkmarkets and banks should decrease happiness. why should they? exept for a rather recent scorn on banking institution I can´t see a relation. And this was caused by overspeculation and the collaps of a few of them, not their eitence. Could be an event mayabe, but not a normal porperty of the building.
To say something related to the thread: I alsways wondered why the village hall line of buildigns gives +5 crime. Bribes? Abusing of administrative power?

countries where prostitution is legal (in Europe ) : Germany, Netherlands, Austria, Swiss, Slovakia, Czech Republic Turkey, Italy, , France, England, Denmark, Ireland, Spain, Portugal, Belgium, Luxenburg, Poland, ech Republic, Greece, Romania, Finland. In some of these countries prostitiution is regulatet but not ilegal, how can you say its ilegal when it isn´t in most european countries? what countries did you mean with the majority of modern countries ?

Top Bottom