Subdued Animals in C2C discussions

An alligator in the Grasslands?? I have heard of "Snake in the Grass":p but not this?

I have managed to restrict them to Flood Plains and plains in my testing. I should post that version to the SVN, and keep experimenting.

Speaking of gaters - in my game the sea is totall evoid of any animal life so far (almost to 1AD, have boats - no animals at all)

Yes salt water crocs were restricted to spawning in the tropics and this has reduced their numbers considerably. Kraken/Giant Squid are in the Alt_Timelines/Dangers_of_the_Deep folder with all the other sea critters and should be on. The others there should be off

I have managed to restrict them to Flood Plains and plains in my testing. I should post that version to the SVN, and keep experimenting.

Yes salt water crocs were restricted to spawning in the tropics and this has reduced their numbers considerably. Kraken/Giant Squid are in the Alt_Timelines/Dangers_of_the_Deep folder with all the other sea critters and should be on. The others there should be off

Ok, no biggie for now, but we need SOMETHING as a croc analogue for tempate/polear zones else anyone there has a free run at all the sea goody huts. Orca for near-polar maybe. Not sure for temperate.

With Mermaids on there are plenty of those roaming the shores. :)

But for those who aren't using Alt Timelines, yeah, a mix would be great. To add to Koshling's suggestion... Megaladon, Great Whites, Sperm Whales, maybe even some Water Snakes.

Could you have them move around in Marsh terrain too? It seems like that type of terrain makes sense too.

With Mermaids on there are plenty of those roaming the shores. :)

But for those who aren't using Alt Timelines, yeah, a mix would be great. To add to Koshling's suggestion... Megaladon, Great Whites, Sperm Whales, maybe even some Water Snakes.

I would settle for just a shark or whale. But sadly we do not have models for those. :(

Just as a historical note... There has been literally one sperm whale attack on a boat ever... they wrote a book based on it.

Try a shore hugging salt water hippo... hippos regularly kill people by knocking over boats by sheer obliviousness and occasionally swallow small people, usually while yawning. The only real issue is they need to be 'attacking' ships backwards or side ways for accuracy.

Though hippos should end up as power 5 or 6.. canoes are fodder to them.

@Dancing Hoskuld

I have a present for you. Don't ask how I did it, but I got you a shark. Stick it in Assets/Modules/DancingHoskuld/Subdue_Animals/z_experimental and it should work. Note all I set up is the wild version. I have not set up a subdued version. You will have to do that yourself. I based it's stats off the large saltwater crocodile. I also made a new icon/button for it as well. Feel free to tweak and add cool things to it.

I apologize for the texture, it was taken from a Zoo Tycoon 2 mod that happened to actually have a mesh included. In the past when trying to get zoo tycoon 2 animal meshes they would be missing. It is only by chance that I find a mod of a Borneo Shark that has the mesh included. I still don't know how to import NIFs into 3DS6 but apparently I did not need to. Just grabbed the mesh and texture directly from the mod and then imported it to civ 4.

The only catch is the shark was extremely tiny. So I had to boost it to 10 times its original size to make it look normal sized in game. It may need to be even bigger. But I will leave that up to you.

I also tried to give it a different texture but the game went wonky on me when I did. So I just left the Borneo Shark one. And whats worse is the great white texture I have doesn't match the mesh. So, we are stuck with that type of shark texture until I figure out how to make a better one. I mean it looks like a shark, its just not a great white. Sorry.

So now at least we have some sort of shark that can roam the seas of C2C. Enjoy! :cool:

Just as a historical note... There has been literally one sperm whale attack on a boat ever... they wrote a book based on it.

Try a shore hugging salt water hippo... hippos regularly kill people by knocking over boats by sheer obliviousness and occasionally swallow small people, usually while yawning. The only real issue is they need to be 'attacking' ships backwards or side ways for accuracy.

Twice in the last hundred years more people were killed in Australia in a year by elephants than by sharks. The last time was a few years back. ;)

Thanks for the shark Hydro

Twice in the last hundred years more people were killed in Australia in a year by elephants than by sharks. The last time was a few years back. ;)

So that leaves 98 years of what?:sarcasm:

You mean one attack where someone lived to talk about it :mischief: Call me Ishmael. ;)

Anyhow, we do our best. You'll probably be harder pressed to find accounts of wild donkey, horse, giraffe, penguin, or camel attacks. Wild Hippos would be a great addition though. Variety is awesome.

I would settle for just a shark or whale. But sadly we do not have models for those. :(

If Zoo Tycoon has the right format for models, why not track down the Sea Animal expansion for it to ninja-loot? (I think it's Marine Mania?)

Thanks for the shark Hydro

Your welcome. So I guess lighting strickes twice, I was able to find a whale. Its a South Minke Whale, but its a whale. I noticed one problem, is the shadow is apparently too big. I am not sure if you can fix that. When you hover over it or the shark the screen gets darker. I suspect its the shadow. I don't know how to set those so please fix that.

As the other one I made an icon/button and modeled it after the saltwater crocodile. Except i set the spawn point to whale. You will need to make a subdued version and stuff and probably need to set it range to any latitude.

Enjoy! :)

If Zoo Tycoon has the right format for models, why not track down the Sea Animal expansion for it to ninja-loot? (I think it's Marine Mania?)

I have tried before. The meshes were all hidden/missing. I suspect that's why they were not made before. Meshes like the Gorilla and Orangutan are easily found and have already been made into Civ4 Animals.

Its only me finding zoo tycoon 2 mods with custom animals that I was able to find the meshes. The down side is the species are not always familiar and the textures sometimes are not as great since other people made them.

So yeah. I am trying to plunder them for new animals such as this new whale. :D

Your welcome. So I guess lighting strickes twice, I was able to find a whale. Its a South Minke Whale, but its a whale. I noticed one problem, is the shadow is apparently too big. I am not sure if you can fix that. When you hover over it or the shark the screen gets darker. I suspect its the shadow. I don't know how to set those so please fix that.

As the other one I made an icon/button and modeled it after the saltwater crocodile. Except i set the spawn point to whale. You will need to make a subdued version and stuff and probably need to set it range to any latitude.

Enjoy! :)

Great I had just finished testing the shark with buildings and built a new FPK. Oh well...:D

I have tried before. The meshes were all hidden/missing. I suspect that's why they were not made before. Meshes like the Gorilla and Orangutan are easily found and have already been made into Civ4 Animals.

Its only me finding zoo tycoon 2 mods with custom animals that I was able to find the meshes. The down side is the species are not always familiar and the textures sometimes are not as great since other people made them.

So yeah. I am trying to plunder them for new animals such as this new whale. :D

What is the main file you need? The nif? The dds? Or is it both?

This is half done Dugong. Dugongs are like sea manatees and where the myth of the mermaid came from. They have tails more like whales than like a manatee.

It has a DDS texture but for some reason the NIF is not reading it. If anyone knows how to tell the NIF to use that texture we could possibly fix this. Otherwise it will just appear pink, which is no good for in game.

What is the main file you need? The nif? The dds? Or is it both?

Both. NIF is the mesh and DDS is the texture. For many of them I can get the DDS just fine but the NIF is blank. Just shows now mesh, which i suspect means that its using another model source I cannot find.

Ok here is one that actually works. Its a Spotted Eagle Ray I extracted and made into a Ray. Its not very big. I was hoping to find a manta ray, but this will have to do for now.

On a side note I have been trying to make each new marine creature spawn from a diffrent sea resouces ...

Saltwater Crocodiles = Fish
Whale = Whale
Dugong = Pearls
Ray = Crab

Looking though some of the animals I have I may beable to get working the following marine animals ...

- Eel
- Porpoise (maybe a dolphin too)
- Sea Snake (maybe)
- Swordfish (or Marlin)

Don't hold me to those. I also found a Leopard Seal, but its frozen pose looks weird.

Oh I have a ton of animal downloads, just trying to find stuff we don't have things like the horse we already have. I also am trying to focus on more marine animals since we don't have many of those at the moment.

Ah, ok, cool. I thought you were short on supply. :)

Looks like most of the ones I have are useless since they are just re-skined animals and have no mesh of their own. And since I cannot even find the core meshes inside the core files, we are screwed unless like the ones I posted they altered the mesh and thus had to post a new mesh. All these are just lucky to find a useable mesh.

EDIT: I figured it out. They are all from a special ZT2 modding team. All the animals that I found meshes for were from their mod called "Island Excursions". I guess the reason they included a custom mesh is because they are more advanced modder than most ZT2 modders are. Thus most of my downloads are worthless for pillaging meshes from. On the up side they do have a wide selection of creatures to pillage from.

Looks like most of the ones I have are useless since they are just re-skined animals and have no mesh of their own. And since I cannot even find the core meshes inside the core files, we are screwed unless like the ones I posted they altered the mesh and thus had to post a new mesh. All these are just lucky to find a useable mesh.

EDIT: I figured it out. They are all from a special ZT2 modding team. All the animals that I found meshes for were from their mod called "Island Excursions". I guess the reason they included a custom mesh is because they are more advanced modder than most ZT2 modders are. Thus most of my downloads are worthless for pillaging meshes from. On the up side they do have a wide selection of creatures to pillage from.

Do the "Northern Cassowary (Casuarius unnapendaculatus)":please::please::please:

Top Bottom