Slaves, Hostages and Prisoners of War

I was thinking that it might be possible to move the python I use for the whole capture mechanism to the outcome system but there are at least two problems

1) I would have to add the same bit of XML to all the units each and every one.:eek:
What about if you could add outcome missions and kill outcomes to the unit combat type?

@Dancing Hoskuld

Here is a Cannibalism icon/button for you.

Thanks. I forgot that I also need an off button for slavery and cannibalism - probably the same as teh on button with a circle and line through it?

What about if you could add outcome missions and kill outcomes to the unit combat type?

A bit of overkill:mischief: I only need one for all human units at the moment and I can't think of a case where I would need more. I need 5 or 6 for animals based on size more than anything.

[offtopic]Couldn't find the worker thread, sorry . .

Anyways, the oxen worker does NOT have any of the Bamboo Build. Are you making that a culture worker or was that just overlooked??

Then why not put it in the bug thread?

A bit of overkill:mischief: I only need one for all human units at the moment and I can't think of a case where I would need more. I need 5 or 6 for animals based on size more than anything.
Adding that to unitcombat types is rather on the easy side and it has the advantage of being useful for nomad start outcome missions when we get to that.

Can someone explain the slavery?
What happens once you build slavery civic?
How does it affect production and etc?
Why would you want to abolish it if it gives huge bonuses with no penalties?
Does any tech obsolete slavery?

Slavery is not a civic it is what I am calling a World View. Some techs make your people not like slavery. Slavery (Cannibalism and Human Sacrifice) does not affect production just what you can do with captives. What you do with captives will have consequences. If you sell them into slavery when the civ you captured them from would have exchanged prisoners or ransomed them back they that civ and your people will be unhappy with you. So far it does not obsolete but it may morph into clone only or android only slavery.

Human (itself) should be a subcombat as it is according to the combat mod plan anyhow. Could be useful to implement for this case, no?

A better idea would be to have Mechanized as a subcombat, and assume non-animal, non-mechanized units are Human. That would mean less XML work.

Not if you wish to have promotions that say, +%vs Humans. (Cuz those can't really say, +% vs non-animal, non-mechanized)

I kinda thought too that it might be useful to have a Human Operated CC that helps us distinguish between a Swordsman (Human), a Jeep (Human Operated), and a Robot (Mechanized or whatever it is now ... Robotic?).

Reason being that I can see potential affects that would only act against humans that are basically bodily present and not fully shielded by a vehicle. Some diseases may fall under this kind of division (inside the vehicle the human isn't exposed enough). Another Example: For Big Cats I had figured on doing a "Man Hunter" promotion line with each step being something like +25% vs Humans, but against a human encased in a vehicle it wouldn't be effective. But then an affect, like a poison gas perhaps, could mess up a person in a vehicle all the same but would not affect an outright Robot. And of course a strong EMP pulse would affect a Robot and Human Operated vehicle but would not affect a Human (on foot or mounted.)

Alternatively, Human becomes a combat class, while Foot, Mounted, Tracked, etc... And then I could make a combat modifier tag that allows 2 definitions to unit combat and requires both for the combat modifier to be in effect. But there's a lot of other types of modifiers and going about it this way would probably mean an inevitable need to have a similar sibling tag for all of them... ugh.

We also have Aliens on the eventual horizon. And we have Neanderthals now. It could be very useful to have a Human specific combat class.

As for the workload, I believe we have some new assistance for this preparing for this and other CC updates as we speak. I know we're going to need to really discuss what is necessary to be in the core vs in a Combat Mod option, so we'll have to pick this conversation up again in much more depth here this week. In fact... I'm going to go copy this post over to a better thread for this now.

there is no way that I can see of changing the happiness on a building based on tech. In fact the only way I can see how to do it is using auto build to build buildings with the required change to happiness and health. More on buildings later.

Civics and the world views
  • Cannibalism looks like only the Society and Labor civics matter here
    Society
    Primitive and Tribal +1:)
    Feudal -1:)
    Egalitarian -2:)
    Nationalist, Marxist and Copor Nation -5:)
    Labour - Unorganised +1:)
  • Slavery looks like only the Society and Labor civics matter here
    Society
    Primitive and Tribal +1:)
    Marxist -5:)
    Labour
    Capitalist Labour +2:) (bosses, stockholders and consumers:mischief:)
    Centralised Labour -3:)
    Socialized Labour -3:)
    Post -5:)
  • Human Sacrifice (not yet available)

Technologies tba

OK I have no ideas about the techs any suggestions? I thought philosophy and humanism for anti-cannibalism and emancipation for anti-slavery.

OK I have no ideas about the techs any suggestions? I thought philosophy and humanism for anti-cannibalism and emancipation for anti-slavery.

Hydro get your NEW trainee to come up with something viable, it might help with him learning, since right now he is helping out TB in the Combat mod also,"I'm Just Sayin."

Hydro get your NEW trainee to come up with something viable, it might help with him learning, since right now he is helping out TB in the Combat mod also,"I'm Just Sayin."

What are we looking for here? Are we looking for techs that will obsolete the different world views (Cannibalism, Slavery, Human Sacrifice)? Or techs that would affect the outputs of each world view?

Only affect them not obsolete. They are game choices the player has to make. I made the Lawyer unit able to remove them so that it would be easier in the later eras. BtW many places say they don't support slavery but it goes on none the less usually in sweat shops and the sex industry.

Top Bottom