So far it's been working very nice, much better than .net. I've only been using it for ~15 mins, but I've got a good feeling. :)
Just let me know if you need any help or tips-n-tricks :).

Ninjacow said:
td;lr: Paint.NET is a terrible program 0/10 would not download again.

I would be offended by that since a lot of my comic-editing is done with Paint.NET (the finished product is done with Paint, saved as a .jpg on Paint.NET because Windows 7 doesn't understand that a .jpg shouldn't exceed 1mb. Windows XP had slightly less quality in a .jpg so it was fine)

But you know, if you're constantly making speech bubbles and you need to edit the text once you've placed it, then Paint.NET is not right for you. Thought bubbles give me the same trouble.

Don't worry, I miss Photoshop. Especially the magnetic lasso...

CivGeneral said:
GIMP is the only freeware program that I'd recommend. I've used it many times to add in speech balloons and text.

Where's the option to create new images that actually match the size of the one on clipboard? Because the thing does not assume "Hey you have an image on the clipboard. Perhaps you want to paste that"

----------------

Is there any freeware editing program that has a magnetic lasso? I hate cutting within the lines and my mouse goes haywire halfway through precision work.

Where's the option to create new images that actually match the size of the one on clipboard? Because the thing does not assume "Hey you have an image on the clipboard. Perhaps you want to paste that"

You have to paste the image from the clipboard into GIMP. I'm not sure what you're trying to do since I tend to paste the assembled comic (done in MS Paint) into GIMP to add in speech bubbles and text.

You have to paste the image from the clipboard into GIMP. I'm not sure what you're trying to do since I tend to paste the assembled comic (done in MS Paint) into GIMP to add in speech bubbles and text.

I copy an image from say Google or Paint and then I hit "New Image" because if I don't, it adds a new layer on the image I'm already working with and tends not to resize or warn me about the image being too big for the canvas.

Basically, unless GIMP can offer me a magnetic lasso or automatic canvas/image resizing, I prefer Paint.NET for my Photoshopping needs.
Now if only Adobe didn't charge hundreds of dollars for just Photoshop...

Edit: Retracted

:huh:

Here we go AGAIN. :mad:

If you want A&E to stay un-deleted and unmerged, please go to Site Feedback and say so, and why.

I saw it and made a comment about it when it was still fresh. Somehow, I feel kind of exasperated every single time it's brought up. It's almost like trying to argue to a brick wall (or debating in OT :wallbang: ) each time someone brings up the "Let's merge A&E with the other crap".

I'm sorta stumped at the moment and not sure what the best way for me to reintegrate back into the main-plot. Any ideas? I'm sorta tempted to do some sort of recap summary on my end, even though the main-plot hasn't technically moved an inch.

I might have an idea how to get you back into the thick of things, I'll PM you with details when I get a chance.

CivGeneral said:
I'm sorta stumped at the moment and not sure what the best way for me to reintegrate back into the main-plot. Any ideas?

I was thinking you should visit the New Corteza Spaceport, but I'm moving out of that too for Ninjacow's plot :)

I might have an idea how to get you back into the thick of things, I'll PM you with details when I get a chance.
Don't forget now! :p

I was thinking you should visit the New Corteza Spaceport, but I'm moving out of that too for Ninjacow's plot :)
To be honest, I've contemplated in heading to some SCP Outpost in space or something. Hopefully moving towards something that's related to the main plot.

I've got some good...bad...well I've got some news. I've got a really busy week this week, so I might not get the comic done until early next week. But if I am super lucky and work extra hard, I might get it done on Thursday, or if I'm super lucky, today (that's unlikely though). So yeah, just heads up.

I'm sorta stumped at the moment and not sure what the best way for me to reintegrate back into the main-plot. Any ideas? I'm sorta tempted to do some sort of recap summary on my end, even though the main-plot hasn't technically moved an inch.

Go ham and make a show of it, create whatever you want! Tie in past things later ;D

I'm almost done with the comic, it should be done tomorrow. Due to me running on Valve time, that should mean it will be out in a month. :p

Gah I swear the universe is conspiring against me to stop me posting the comic! I'm going to get it up by the end of the week, regardless what the universe says.

Top Bottom