Improvement Ideas and Discussion

Keep in mind that you can end up with 1000 Improvements and that you don't want to click through every upgrade all the time. This would end up like having 100 cities and don't use building lists.

No of course not. I plan to make the popup very selective and only coming up when absolutely necessary.

The Desert Camp brings too early a great bonus for desert terrain. I'd like to change it like this:

Start with +1 :commerce:
+ 1 :commerce: with Road, +2 :commerce: with Paved Road, +3 :commerce: with Highway/Railroad/electric Railroad, no :commerce: bonus with Jumplane or Maglev (they don't need to stop in the middle of the desert).
+ 1 :food: with Agricultural Tools
+ 1 :food: with whatever this Agriculture tech (former "Pesticides") in the early Industrial era is called now.
+ 2 :food: with Gene Manipulation

I don't think early factories should be spammablebuildable on Ice or Desert. For both realism and gameplay. Factories are perfect for Barren, and I spose even Tundra, but Ice is too inhospitable... There's a reason nothing previous could be built on it.

I don't think early factories should be spammablebuildable on Ice or Desert. For both realism and gameplay. Factories are perfect for Barren, and I spose even Tundra, but Ice is too inhospitable... There's a reason nothing previous could be built on it.

There are examples of "factories" in both places on Earth but they are mostly to do with the extraction of some resource so I agree.

Are they currently set to be able to be built on (any) ice then?

Yup - the very first factories, without even any industrial workers, turn marginal-slash-dumb ice cities into production hubs:crazyeye:.

If it was modern era, modern workers and on a modern or prized resource like bauxite, uranium or lanthanides, then sure.

(It could also work under certain civics as a gulag or labour camp...:devil:)

The real reason is that most of the maps we use now have no real ice caps like vanilla BtS maps. Currently there is too much permafrost and maps are made usable into what was once the ice caps.

Vincentz version of factories was intended for Tundra cities. Doesn't the Mod still use them in it's factory chains?

Plus we have no real map makers anymore to put the ice caps back and reduce the permafrost regions which have taken over both ice and tundra locations.

But there are ppl who want non earth type maps (I'm a guilty party there). So what to do? Remove factories from the pole regions because you Yud don't like them?

JosEPh

Remove factories from the pole regions because you Yud don't like them?

Firstly I'd prefer Yudi;). Also, just me and DH don't like them so far. In fact, why don't we rather jump to the equally ridiculous conclusion that you're the only one that likes them...?

I already said they might be fine on tundra (but not permafrost imo). And on permafrost/ice in the late modern era, or earlier as gulags. Production powerhouses on ice in early industrial are both unrealistic and flawed from a gameplay perspective.

There is plenty of ice on my map. If you don't like your mapscript there are others...

Okay Yudi.

I thought I addressed all those retorts you just shoved my way in my post which was to provide some info and background which you failed to acknowledge but labeled my post as "equally ridiculous conclusion". Of which there is no conclusion but some info and a question.

From your reply I really don't think you read or understood my post but skimmed and then reacted.

So lets see what you can take out of context on this post. Should be interesting.

JosEPh

I think i found a bug

Beacon has no bonuses (no commerce, production, simply gives nothing)

Check in civpedia. In game it also gives nothing.

Top Bottom