Unit Buttons Standardization

Is there any chance to move the spear on the spearman over a smidge? When the unit is highlighted the spear is under the yellow glow.

I play medium graphics and the gatherer is coming up as having no facial features except for two black eyes. Also there is some fuzziness on the other buttons.

I love the uniformity to the units that is coming through and look forward to seeing the rest. But why is the Neanderthal captive still that horrible black and white head? All the other captives are similar types. If this has been changed please ignore this comment.

Ok i move spear, tnx for feedback.
Please post screenshot of gatherer and buttons with fuzziness. Ill try to fix it.

I only upload some buttons now. In this week ill try to send all of them.

One thing to remember is that when putting in these buttons, the OLD ones need to be deleted. Otherwise we going to have duplicates again.

Yea I know that. To make life easier Ill start upload new buttons to new directory
Caveman2Cosmos\Assets\art\Interface\Buttons\Units\Sparth\
Then I carefuly remove old buttons

Yea I know that. To make life easier Ill start upload new buttons to new directory
Caveman2Cosmos\Assets\art\Interface\Buttons\Units\Sparth\
Then I carefuly remove old buttons

Sounds like a GOOD plan!!;)

Tons of new buttons in SVN. Tested and should be not any pink icons.

Got new idea for Culture units buttons. See atached image.

Attachments

• preview9.jpg
    preview9.jpg
    14.4 KB · Views: 105
I like it, sparth. I can see an issue arise if the culture's color is similar to one of the new group colors you've established, but the samples definitely differentiate the UUs from the other units.

I like it provided you'll be around for a long time to come due to H's valid points. (And I hope you will be too because you do great work and have really become a very valued team member!)

Sidenote: My wife was saying the Orange behind the Throwing Units made some of the weapons a little hard to see correctly so I don't know what you'd want to do with that.

And keep in mind that Strike Teams and Criminals are different unit types (albeit similar and crossing paths at the Assassin) so it might be nice to differentiate the backgrounds in a way that allows for the two to blend if the unit is both but be different if only one of the two. Could help to point out the difference to newer players. Something to consider anyhow.

I like it provided you'll be around for a long time to come due to H's valid points. (And I hope you will be too because you do great work and have really become a very valued team member!)

Tnx TB :)
Anyway when culture will be chaing in some units just send me PM and then I change the button.

Sidenote: My wife was saying the Orange behind the Throwing Units made some of the weapons a little hard to see correctly so I don't know what you'd want to do with that.

Which particular units? I want to stick with orange colour which is between red melee and yellow ranged units (which throwing has something between of these two type of units :)

And keep in mind that Strike Teams and Criminals are different unit types (albeit similar and crossing paths at the Assassin) so it might be nice to differentiate the backgrounds in a way that allows for the two to blend if the unit is both but be different if only one of the two. Could help to point out the difference to newer players. Something to consider anyhow.

Which units should be strike teams? Sniper, Sharpshooter, Modern Sniper, Ambusher and Assassin?

Which particular units? I want to stick with orange colour which is between red melee and yellow ranged units (which throwing has something between of these two type of units :)
She mentioned the atlatlists and I'm wondering if the Javelineer might also. I do LIKE the orange so if you do something like a slight glow around the weapon to generate a bit of line contrast it could help.

Which units should be strike teams? Sniper, Sharpshooter, Modern Sniper, Ambusher and Assassin?
Yes... and more after like the Special Forces - it's one of their sub-combats so you can search the units for UNITCOMBAT_STRIKE_TEAM for an easily generated list.

Ok tnx for feedback TB. Ill try to redone these buttons today.

========deleted previous comment===========

Could someone take the time to make a copy of the old unit icons and keep them on the forums in the C2C mod section? Honestly I prefer a lot of the old icons compared to a lot of what I'm seeing. (No offense, Sparth.)

Got new idea for Culture units buttons. See atached image.

Love this idea, and the circular hero buttons though.

Could someone take the time to make a copy of the old unit icons and keep them on the forums in the C2C mod section? Honestly I prefer a lot of the old icons compared to a lot of what I'm seeing. (No offense, Sparth.)

For now unpack and copy this file to Caveman2Cosmos modmods\Assets\XML\Art\
Should work. But this file is one of the most changin file in mod and I think I prepare just modmod with old icon files with my new names. This solve problem with XML compatibility.

Attachments

• CIV4ArtDefines_Unit.zip
    148.7 KB · Views: 36
========deleted previous comment===========

Love this idea, and the circular hero buttons though.

No offense to you then either, but if thats what YOU want then YOU need to be the one to do the work, and not us modders, thx. . .. SO

For now all heroes buttons are in cirles. Also many heroes got better and more accurate buttons now.

BTW Gladiator (not Spartacus!) should be moved from Hero section to normal unit section.

Top Bottom