Official Rage Thread

30) So I have all my cities set upwith my religion, e.g Islam, and also Elizabeth founds Protestantism with a very useful pantheon so I spread that to all my cities too.

All is going well, until Enrico comes along with a great prophet.

Bam, Catholicism with the most useless beliefs possible. DIIIEEEE!!!!

31) Missing the World Leader vote by 1! OMG this happened to me just today while going for a DV with Sweden. I could only get 3 cities up, with one being pretty crappy so I aimed for a DV but missed building the Forbidden Palace. Went Freedom and took Treaty Organization(ugh regretted that) and passed Freedom as the official ideology. Had 5 spies smoozing to get the +1 vote from globalization. 5 turns from the leader vote at turn 278 on standard I get DOW'd from Harun(used to such a great buddy but now 3 games in a row he's gone war with me. Can't we just get along?) and so I lose the 1 delegate from diplomatic being ejected from the city. Had a nice little war and took one of his cities with the help of Darius but waiting for turn 301 to win was agonizing with how long turns take at that point.

32) Free day. Starting new-mega-epic game... wife "suggests" that there are other things to do ;)

33) Having a two cities with a nice gap between them and a single road network allowing trade, then Germany plonks Frankfurt right on your road, in the middle, cutting them both off. This is how the AI plays nice and then nasty. This actually caused me to declare war on it.

34) Going to all the trouble to destroy a barbarian settlement and a another Civ that`s been shadowing you quickly nicks it having done nothing to help at all. That always gets me.

35) Taking a chance on pushing a settler or worker out alone and bingo! A barbarian unit pops up right next to it!

33) Having a two cities with a nice gap between them and a single road network allowing trade, then Germany plonks Frankfurt right on your road, in the middle, cutting them both off. This is how the AI plays nice and then nasty. This actually caused me to declare war on it.

34) Going to all the trouble to destroy a barbarian settlement and a another Civ that`s been shadowing you quickly nicks it having done nothing to help at all. That always gets me.

35) Taking a chance on pushing a settler or worker out alone and bingo! A barbarian unit pops up right next to it!

For 35 you can scan terrain with a civilian. It will show you hidden units in the fog of war when you cant move there. Could be an AI as much as a barbarrian though.

36) Convert an AI capital with a pantheon to your religion and next turn he founded his own in its capital.
37) Most irritating for me. Trying to steal an AI worker with an archer and he shot it instead capturing it.

38) A city state destroys the barbarian camp which was a quest for players.
39) have the Ai move his second settler 20 tiles from his capital to found a city next to your cap because of better resources.
40) have your cities converted by another civilizations prophet and then they get mad if you return the favor.
41) when you ask the AI to stop spreading their religion to your cities and they still continue.
42) Liberate venice only to hav him buy your allied city state.
43) Have a declaration of friendship with the AI and then he starts spreading his religionand then you cant denounce him.
44) The Ai is afraid but they don,t give in to demands.
45) have another player snag the follower beliefs which you want 1 turn before you found your religion
46) Have another player snag a ruin which you would get next turn.
47) Have no iron/oil/coal/uranium
48) get second place in a world congress project only by being beaten by 50 hammers.
This more or less sums up my rage.

37) Most irritating for me. Trying to steal an AI worker with an archer and he shot it instead capturing it.

Oh I hate that. Always forget archers can't capture...

49. AI pops up. "I see you have a luxury I like." I'm already trading some copies so I un-click to check the amount. Yes! 2 left! Make trade. Immediately tank in happiness. WTF? I have zero now? You filthy lying AI!

50. Have Pact of Defense with AI they/I get attacked. Nothing happens, either I'm not pulled in or they aren't. I still have not figured out what's going on here.

51. Have an AI friend. They are attacked by an aggressor. I defend them. Next turn: "They are concerned about my warmongering...". WTF man? I'm saving your ass!

52. Civ A asks you to DoW or denounce Civ B, with whom you have a DoF. But the timing is good, so you do. Civ A now hates you for backstabbing!

Sure they can. Things are easier if you use numeric keyboard instead of mouse. I still have trouble with the fiddly interface. I love it when I throw a garrison unit into the water because I though I had a ship selected!

49. AI pops up. "I see you have a luxury I like." I'm already trading some copies so I un-click to check the amount. Yes! 2 left! Make trade. Immediately tank in happiness. WTF? I have zero now? You filthy lying AI!

Very annoying. I have taken to only doing trade on my turn.

50. Have Pact of Defense with AI they/I get attacked. Nothing happens, either I'm not pulled in or they aren't. I still have not figured out what's going on here.

Prolly they attacked a CS since the pact was initiated. In the dialog screen, if there is an option for pact, then you don’t really have one. It gets annoying with overlapping pacts, I try to make sure they are all expired before starting up a new round.

51. Have an AI friend. They are attacked by an aggressor. I defend them. Next turn: "They are concerned about my warmongering...". WTF man? I'm saving your ass!

Even if you DoW because of a defensive pact, with them, its still a DoW!

38) A city state destroys the barbarian camp which was a quest for players..

Perhaps the most annoying thing for me in the beginning (with the ruins luck), especially when this mission is requested by 3 city-states.

They can if you had previously DoW target AI. If not, archer shoots instead captures (Is it shoots/captures or shoot/capture ?). I can avoid this issue as beetle said with numeric keyboard or M key, but I forget, and regret... :cry:

53.) Playing as Spain you see King Sollies mines next to marble near the coast but there's a CS within 4 tiles. No problem I'll settle on the other side but there's another CS 4 tiles away from the first CS. No problem I'll settle inland boom another CS...

54.) Shaka/Monty controls the FOV and he's your neighbour

Not a rage, but stupid:
Killing an enemy which has little life left with city defenses, while your city garrison archer could have killed it for the XP.

The one that I hate most and was already mentioned is the free tech you get early on and it being the one which has one turn left in your research...

Your neighbour is a civ whose AI favours wide expansion.

42) Liberate Venice only to have him buy your allied city state.

45) have another player snag the follower beliefs which you want 1 turn before you found your religion

I would have been so pissed at #42....But,....I think I would just Laugh Sarcastically, and been like Seriously...WTF!

45) Super Frustrating!!!
AND, it usually comes when you need 600 :c5faith: for Religion, and you have bypassed that number by LIKE 10 turns. Then they finally give it to you after he took the Belief you wanted....Seriously!

Same goes for Wonders....Your competing Civs always get the Wonder your going for 1 Turn before your going to get it! It happens so often that I usually time my "chopped" forest with 3 turns left....hoping to avoid it.

#1 on my LIST...NO DOUBT!!....."RUINS"

Ruin 1) Barbarians
Ruin 2) Surrounding Area revealed(Revealing the area-I HAVE ALREADY REVEALED)
Ruin 3) Barbarians (One camp....The one right in front of me, that is already seen)
Ruin 4) 50 gold
Ruin 5) Barbarians
Ruin 6) Surrounding Area
Ruin 7) Population (But, your tiles haven't expanded to one of the 2 "Wheat" tiles, So your city STARVES, then drop you back down to 1 population)
Ruin 8) Barbarians

All Civs should have the option for Ruins like Pocatello has...Cause right now....IT IS RIDICULOUS!

36) Convert an AI capital with a pantheon to your religion and next turn he founded his own in its capital.

If I am going "Piety", and I am just sitting there waiting to take that guy over (Because I want his Pantheon as my 2nd Pantheon), then I will spread my religion on purpose, so that he founds his religion faster, and I can take that city right away. I have gotten burned so many times that I have finally learned to use it to my benefit.

Top Bottom