Official Rage Thread

67) Playing as Arabia. No horses for camel archers. No iron. No coal. No aluminium

So I figure well at least I will get oil, as that's what Arabia gets.

NO OIL

Ouch! Sometimes you seem to get those games that convince you that the Game is having a laugh at your expense :lol:

68) Start a new game as England: 8 turns later discover that London has actually been founded on a tiny inland sea...

Is there a way to check...Besides putting a spy there and catching him...???

He might know I am building it,.....BUT DOES HE KNOW I AM 1 TURN AWAY (So, he should expend his Engineer, or whatever they do)

OK....It just happened to me 3 times in the last 60 Turns, AND...The guy is on another continent, and I haven't even met him yet cause Astronomy hasn't been discovered yet...(I noticed it happens a lot when I am low on gold, maybe it is the AI trying to be nice to me, and giving me money for my production, so I don't go negative)

After PP and WC go through AI in diplomacy screen, if you can sell your votes, there's a spy or diplomat in your city. So AI can rush wonder with GE (don't know if it can one with faith).
3 times ? So an AI beat you for 3 wonders for 1turn one after another. It's not a surprise. If it can beat you for the first, it logic beats for two others. :lol:

68) Start a new game as England: 8 turns later discover that London has actually been founded on a tiny inland sea...

Add the fact that usually you have gotten two techs from goodie huts/three salt in 1st ring/NW at 2nd city spot, etc., and thinking "this is gonna be a great game", before you realize this.

Ouch! Sometimes you seem to get those games that convince you that the Game is having a laugh at your expense :lol:

Exactly.

It's even worse when I get a great start as Mongolia. A start where you are like "Wow, God loves me." Then you research animal husbandry and not a single horse. What good is Mongolia without Keshiks?

Or England with no iron for SOLs? Or iron for Denmark?

I do realize one can use stratetic balance, but I find that you then get screwed so far as luxuries.

EDIT: #69: Dido settles in my face on turn 20!

Exactly.

It's even worse when I get a great start as Mongolia. A start where you are like "Wow, God loves me." Then you research animal husbandry and not a single horse. What good is Mongolia without Keshiks?

Stuff happens. Russia has a production bonus for horse and a mounted UU, and a start bias that means you will almost never have any near your OC.

Or England with no iron for SOLs? Or iron for Denmark?

Just as well you are allowed to settle more than one city, or trade even.

69) When you liberate a captured City State only to find out it was one that Venice had bought out earlier and it goes to his control rather than becoming your ally.

70) Trying to take Frankfurt that Germany planted on my road between my two cities and failing while that city just gets bigger and bigger. :(

So an AI beat you for 3 wonders for 1turn one after another. It's not a surprise. If it can beat you for the first, it logic beats for two others.

I lost the same wonder three times in row reloading twice several turns back to shave a turn or two off the build time. All three times the competing civ got the wonder on my last turn! AI have been programed to snag wonders just in time.

71) Civ A is getting absolutely destroyed by Civ B and you are at war with Civ B also but Civ A wont give you open borders to help save him and instead loses all his cities.

72) Civs that denounce you when it can't possibly be in their best interest.

Theo has one crappy city left that she captured from Izzy. I've never been to war with her (didn't need to), she has nothing so I've been giving her stuff for free, and have been the war machine of the world for quite some time. But she backstabs me anyway, so I finish her off. That's just nonsense diplo (hers I mean, I know mine was reactionary). Now there's just me, my liberated buddy Rameses and Caeser as my troops slowly converge on Rome.

73) Pre-build Oracle or Oxford and forgot about it juste one turn before it is really need. Also, miss good timing for rationalism finisher. It makes me crasier than being beat by 1 turn for a wonder.

I think we need multiple rage threads! There may be too much overlap for that, but I am picking up a few distinct themes:
  1. Terrible AI behavior
  2. Bad game interface
  3. Bone headed things we do as players
  4. Bad luck

74) Another misclick, I gave the Huns my embassy. He made an offer and I rushed to hit accept without much thought on a reflex. I gave the Huns perfect knowledge of where my capital is.

Oh god

Oh god

...never mind, Attila is a nice guy - it's not like he will show up in 3 turns with dozens of horse archers and rams or anything...

75) CS that ask for roads and then keep blocking your workers!

74) Another misclick, I gave the Huns my embassy. He made an offer and I rushed to hit accept without much thought on a reflex. I gave the Huns perfect knowledge of where my capital is.

76) I did once in a rush misclick and give away 2 cities in a peace deal. When I looked at the map afterwards I was like , `NOOOOO!`

56) Settling or annexing 1 turn before finishing NC or Ironworks : I'm a dumb.

i maybe wrong, but i believe that when you settle/annex a city while building a national wonder that requires universities/forges/etc. and your city discontinues building the wonder until you complete the prereq; you can return to building the wonder at the same point you were discontinued after the prereq is done

i maybe wrong, but i believe that when you settle/annex a city while building a national wonder that requires universities/forges/etc. and your city discontinues building the wonder until you complete the prereq; you can return to building the wonder at the same point you were discontinued after the prereq is done
I believe the hammers slowly go away. Like if you start worker, do shrine, and go back to worker, it may take a turn longer. I heard something like that

77) (related to 42) Receive message that geographically important CS requests funds. I gladly gift 1000g and become ally. Next turn Venice MOV moves in and takes CS.

78) Hook up only coal source. Almost complete factories when unfriendly neighbor citadel bombs coal tile away.

Top Bottom