Official Rage Thread

Grrrr,

Try this from current game:
Build scout, start exploring, find ruins but Sulemein's warrior gets there first.
Move scout. second move find ruins...but Ethiopian warrior gets there first (hey, nice spearman)
Move scout again, couple or so turns later get beaten to ruins by immortal!
Finally get to ruins first..."You find a crudely-drawn map..."

OK, just not gonna be my day is it?! In all fairness I did really well for ruins last game so I guess it's my turn to luck out.

Tell leader not to send missionaries and prophets to my lands.
Sends missionaries anyway.

its crusading time

I did not realize that I could not directly upgrade Shoshone pathfinders, I had to pick the promotion option when I found ruins.

Yeah... there goes that idea. Still was able to pick 3 techs, though.

Yeah, like a scout, the pathfindre only upgrades to a new type of unit when it pops an upgrade ruin (in the case of a scout) or selects upgrade as a ruin yield (pathfinder).

Yeah, like a scout, the pathfindre only upgrades to a new type of unit when it pops an upgrade ruin (in the case of a scout) or selects upgrade as a ruin yield (pathfinder).

Are you Canadian? Because if so, what's your favourite colour?

Playing as Babylon, great start. No matter what I do, get beaten to skill dorado on t5 because stupid AI scouts have free promotion, and they ALWAYS pick sight...and look who gets free 500 gold? Obviously Shaka!

Rolls sweet lands/location --> surrounded by neghbours who hate me

Rolls bad lands --> turns out there are plenty city states and better lands further away

Why does this happen to me? From now on, I shall re-roll good starts.

Also, accidentally picked Cathedrals instead of Monasteries when I had plenty of Incense. Oh well.

Influential in every civ except 1 civ who has a ton of culture. Lose to some passive getting world leader on the other side of the ing planet.

King level, Epic speed, playing as Mongolia. Turn 30 Dido forward settles another city on me. It is her THIRD. Turn 56 she attacks with five archers, three warriors, and two of those elephants.

That's right--turn 56 on epic! I've only got two archers and my scout, and my capital is my only city.

Needless to say I rage quit.

How can she have that many cities by turn 30? And that many units?

The rival AI Great Prophets roaming around are officially driving me bananas.

For a game where concerns over micro transformed a lot of game design, do you know how annoying it is to constantly have to move 2-3 units back and forth like a metronome as a Great Prophet moves one way and then the other?

I'm generally a stout believer in never rage-quitting, never re-rolling for a better start, or re-loading a save of a misplayed battle. But you know where I draw the line? Unwanted AI Great Prophets. It never fails that I'm playing quickly and don't realize an unwanted Prophet has a clear line by ship to cozy up next to my city with my chosen religion and turns it. I will re-load like a bandit and micro my way out of it, so help me. That's enormously frustrating.

That thing in CivBE where you build a hypersonic fence to ward off Dune Worms? I wish I had that option. There are times I welcome an AI's missionaries, but they are few and far. And having to micro each and every turn to wall off a Prophet is shades of previous Civ games. And it's awful.

I also wish there was a way to invite in the 'nice' religion :). So the religion with Jesuit Reform and Feed the World could cozy on in if you asked nicely...

But otherwise, when you've got a nice Desert Folklore or Sacred Path Jungle city churning out faith/culture and also benefiting from hammers/food and some AI Prophet sneaks in without a pop up letting you know it's in your territory: Autosave :rolleyes:.

The rival AI Great Prophets roaming around are officially driving me bananas.

For a game where concerns over micro transformed a lot of game design, do you know how annoying it is to constantly have to move 2-3 units back and forth like a metronome as a Great Prophet moves one way and then the other?

I'm generally a stout believer in never rage-quitting, never re-rolling for a better start, or re-loading a save of a misplayed battle. But you know where I draw the line? Unwanted AI Great Prophets. It never fails that I'm playing quickly and don't realize an unwanted Prophet has a clear line by ship to cozy up next to my city with my chosen religion and turns it. I will re-load like a bandit and micro my way out of it, so help me. That's enormously frustrating.

That thing in CivBE where you build a hypersonic fence to ward off Dune Worms? I wish I had that option. There are times I welcome an AI's missionaries, but they are few and far. And having to micro each and every turn to wall off a Prophet is shades of previous Civ games. And it's awful.

I also wish there was a way to invite in the 'nice' religion :). So the religion with Jesuit Reform and Feed the World could cozy on in if you asked nicely...

But otherwise, when you've got a nice Desert Folklore or Sacred Path Jungle city churning out faith/culture and also benefiting from hammers/food and some AI Prophet sneaks in without a pop up letting you know it's in your territory: Autosave :rolleyes:.

I have been known to level entire Civilizations that just wouldn't ing lay off the Great Prophets. Ethiopia, Siam, Venice... all have been put to the sword for not stopping the conversions. :lol:

For how angry the AI gets if/when you convert them, they're sure awfully casual about doing it to you.

Dude, you were the freakin MONGOLS and you got whacked by... Carthage?

What in the world happened?

Ummm..because I only had a couple of archers and hadn't teched keshiks yet. It was very early in the game (epic speed).

The rival AI Great Prophets roaming around are officially driving me bananas...
An Inquisitor in or adjacent to your cities prevents conversion. It's best to buy 1 or 2 when they are cheap. I had this in my last game where a friendly Assyria sent in a GP and I had to use 800 :c5faith: to keep the peace(I had a DOF). Then a friendly Egypt(I had a DOF) came in with a GP so that was another 800 :c5faith: .You are right it is a monumental pain, for me this went on 150 turns until I was ready to make Assur and Thebes part of my empire.

I’ve got a rant I need to get off my chest: I’m sick and tired of losing all my Trade Routes because I’m the only person on the planet that can be bothered to kill barbarians. C’mon, AI idiots, pick up the slack! I can’t afford to build enough units to cover every square inch of the world! It’s bad enough that I’m losing Cargo Ships in the middle of the sea, but quite often they’re being captured right on the edge of the destination city’s borders. Put a little effort into guarding your coast is all I’m asking!

I have been known to level entire Civilizations that just wouldn't ing lay off the Great Prophets. Ethiopia, Siam, Venice... all have been put to the sword for not stopping the conversions. :lol:

For how angry the AI gets if/when you convert them, they're sure awfully casual about doing it to you.

Yeah, its actually one of the most realistic features of the game. :)

Ummm..because I only had a couple of archers and hadn't teched keshiks yet. It was very early in the game (epic speed).

Sorry for giving you a hard time. I should have paid attention to the turn numbers you referenced. Turn 56 with 8-10 strong units is a bit much to handle on that difficulty level. To be fair, I would have been surprised too.

31) Missing the World Leader vote by 1! OMG this happened to me just today while going for a DV with Sweden. I could only get 3 cities up, with one being pretty crappy so I aimed for a DV but missed building the Forbidden Palace. Went Freedom and took Treaty Organization(ugh regretted that) and passed Freedom as the official ideology. Had 5 spies smoozing to get the +1 vote from globalization. 5 turns from the leader vote at turn 278 on standard I get DOW'd from Harun(used to such a great buddy but now 3 games in a row he's gone war with me. Can't we just get along?) and so I lose the 1 delegate from diplomatic being ejected from the city. Had a nice little war and took one of his cities with the help of Darius but waiting for turn 301 to win was agonizing with how long turns take at that point.

Got that with my Enrico Dandolo submission! Was trying a diplomatic victory for recording in the Civ5 HoF... Got a Merchant of Venice and decided to buy a city-state, only to discover one turn later that the bought city-state would make me get one vote less from achieving diplomatic victory, and I was already influencing the only civ left to the point that I would achieve the unwanted cultural victory before that...

Well, why didn't I checked the CvGameCore for the diplomatic rules ?? :( ...

Top Bottom