Need a teeny bit of help

Taxman66

King
Can someone please post a base BTS CivilizationIV.ini file for me. Or provide instructions on how to recreate it? Optionally I could copy my C2C ini file and edit it, if someone would be so kind to provide the specific lines which would need to be edited back (e.g. the game options, game speed and so forth).

I had some work done on my computer and it appears this file somehow got trashed so everytime I (or rather my kid) starts up civ4/BTS it yells about not having a voice capture device. I figured I'd go in and edit the dumb line in the ini file... only to find that the problem is that the file is missing.

The ini will recreate itself so you can't be missing it. There's a shortcut to it in the BtS main folder but it's called the Config file there.

Yeah, I found it and fixed it.

Figured I could rescue the file from my backup program. Then I noticed that it was stored in My Documents/My Games/Beyond the Sword (and another version in the vanilla Civ4) folder.

Just turned the Enable Voice from '1' to '0'.

I got confused because I use a separate ini file (with a different name) for C2C which is called/referenced in my desktop C2C shortcut. That ini file I keep with the .exe in the primary BTS game folder.

------
Oddly, I wonder what specifically happened after all these many years to either cause that switch to be flipped or more likely caused Civ4/BTS to have suddenly have an issue where there had never been one before.

I know I've never manually adjusted that field before and it was set to '1' in all 6 ini files (kid's, mine, c2c and back ups for each). Given that I'm pretty sure it was not a case of the switch suddenly toggling.

Since my computer came back from the shop, I've noticed that a fancy audio program (Via HD Audio) that originally came with computer and appeared in the task bar on start up no longer does so. I'm guessing they turned it off and set it to use the windows default. I'm wondering if Civ4 used to detect that as a voice capture device (even though no microphone was hooked up) and now that it is gone or rather not initiated on start up/doesn't appear in the task bar if that caused the issue to suddenly appear.

Regardless, I've set all the ini files to 0 for voice capture and didn't run into the problem when restarting BTS (so I'm presuming that c2c won't have the issue either).

Top Bottom