No trireme?

senadin

Chieftain
I originally put this in bug section because i frankly dont know if it is me whose the problem or the game! I have been able to repeat it twice so far. I have Advanced furhter than shipbuilding tech which should allow me to build trirmes but i can only build the inferior galleys and the Superior decareme and quinqereme as well as cog!

I dont really care to skip/havethe unit but when the game is giving me a quest to build 13 of them and i have about 15 decareme.... I am obviously not gona win this quest!

So i have the tech but i cant build them! As far as i know i have the most recent download of the game. I've discovered this mod not even a month ago.

Any help?

Thanks and this is the most wicked MOD ever i daresay!

Since no one else is answering here's the lowdown:

Trireme requires only Shipbuilding Technology.
Quinquereme requires Shipbuilding and Bronze Working technologies. Meaning if you get Bronze Working before Ship Building you can never build Triremes as Trireme upgrades to Quinquereme.
Decareme requires Ship Building and Iron Working, so once you have Ironworking that is the ship you can build.

This happened when the three were set as an upgrade line instead of as seperate ships, which they were for a while.

I think there was talk about making the Trireme quest also accept Quinquereme and Decareme ships but not sure what happened with that. There was also talk about why it was as it became and how to fix it. But since there is an overhaul of the navel system underway right now already nothing has been done yet to change or fix anything, waiting until the overhaul is done I suppose.

Cheers

Thank you very much! This answers that. Not that it was a big concern, i just hated the fact that i couldnt complete the quest! I so love this MOD! Probably the best MOD ever! I used to love SEVO mod but this is like SEVO on crack! Space crack!

A few of those quest events need a bit of a re-tune. Getting the chariots one, which becomes obsolete once you reach the classical era, but getting it when you are already in the classical era, seems to be common with me. Or best defense once I've reached metallurgy and can't build castles anymore, only star forts. And blessed sea has always been effectively impossible without altering the xml to make the default players something low like 5 or so (and it has a very minor reward for all that regardless).

Just got the quest again and i am in the medieval era.... hmm ok... my triremes are in the museum mothballed!

A few of those quest events need a bit of a re-tune. Getting the chariots one, which becomes obsolete once you reach the classical era, but getting it when you are already in the classical era, seems to be common with me. Or best defense once I've reached metallurgy and can't build castles anymore, only star forts. And blessed sea has always been effectively impossible without altering the xml to make the default players something low like 5 or so (and it has a very minor reward for all that regardless).

Slightly off-topic, but the entire castles->star forts thing is rather broken generally because of all the add-ons that castles support and star forts do not. In general it's MUCH better to have a castle than it is to have a star fort.

In general it's MUCH better to have a castle than it is to have a star fort.

Really i thought it was the other away around?? I believe the Star Fort cant be taken down until at 25%??

Really i thought it was the other away around?? I believe the Star Fort cant be taken down until at 25%??

That much is true - star fort is a bit better defensively, but you need a castle (and not a star fort) to build about 10 other things that between them add about 20% gold, reduce crime by a total of about 20, add GP points, and improve health. When you add it all together the castle (and the buildings that require it and cannot be built with a star fort instead) is far superior.

That much is true - star fort is a bit better defensively, but you need a castle (and not a star fort) to build about 10 other things that between them add about 20% gold, reduce crime by a total of about 20, add GP points, and improve health. When you add it all together the castle (and the buildings that require it and cannot be built with a star fort instead) is far superior.

This sounds like some buildings have missing or wrong BuildingClass prereqs.

Which buildings? Cause I set many of the Castle buildings to be able to be built with the Starfort too.

EDIT: Let see ...

Castle
- Castle Garden
- Citadel
- Balistraia
- Catacombs
- Moat
- Castle Gatehouse
- Dungeon
- Balista Turret
- Castle Drawbridge
- Castle Keep

Starfort
- Balistraia
- Catacombs
- Castle Gatehouse
- Moat
- Dungeon
- Balista Turret
- Castle Drawbridge
- Castle Keep

Not counting wonders it looks to me like the only buildings specific to Castles and not Starforts are the Castle Garden and Citadel.

I could change them to be used in the Starfort, but it seems weird to have them in a Star Fort.

EDIT2:

Citadel and Castle Gardens now require Castle OR Starfort. Update is on the SVN.

Which buildings? Cause I set many of the Castle buildings to be able to be built with the Starfort too.

EDIT: Let see ...

Castle
- Castle Garden
- Citadel
- Balistraia
- Catacombs
- Moat
- Castle Gatehouse
- Dungeon
- Balista Turret
- Castle Drawbridge
- Castle Keep

Starfort
- Balistraia
- Catacombs
- Castle Gatehouse
- Moat
- Dungeon
- Balista Turret
- Castle Drawbridge
- Castle Keep

Not counting wonders it looks to me like the only buildings specific to Castles and not Starforts are the Castle Garden and Citadel.

I could change them to be used in the Starfort, but it seems weird to have them in a Star Fort.

EDIT2:

Citadel and Castle Gardens now require Castle OR Starfort. Update is on the SVN.

Ok - I had probably just noticed hat I couldn't build he castle gardens or something, and assumed it applied to all the rest too. Thanks for checking.

EDIT2:

This is why conversations are SOOOO relevant, even if off topic a bit, so thx everyone.;)

Top Bottom