Wonder & Artifact Packs Coming October 30

Thunderfall

Administrator
Administrator
The 3 DLC packs oroginally offered at retailers as gift with purchase are coming out on October 30th.

On Thursday, October 30th, we are scheduled to release three new content packs for Civilization Revolution: Mythic, Eternal, and Iconic Wonder & Artifact Packs. These packs were originally offered at various retailers in North America as a gift with purchase, but they will now be available worldwide on both Xbox Live and the PlayStation Network. Each of these packs will be offered for 300 MS Points on XBL, and for $3.75 US, €2.99, £2.39, and AU $4.95 on PSN.

Each Wonder & Artifact Pack gives gamers a new Wonder for each Era and two Artifacts to hunt down.

The Mythic Wonder & Artifact Pack includes:
Ancient: Lighthouse of Alexandria
Medieval: Leaning Tower of Pisa
Industrial: Scotland Yard
Modern: SETI
Artifact 1: Camelot
Artifact 2: Tower of Babel

The Eternal Wonder & Artifact Pack includes:
Ancient: Trajan's Column
Medieval: University of Sankore
Industrial: Eiffel Tower
Modern: Cristo Redentor
Artifact 1: Pharoah's Needle
Artifact 2: Tesla's "Peace" Ray

[FONT=&quot]The Iconic [/FONT]Wonder & Artifact Pack includes:
Ancient: Coliseum
Medieval: Taj Mahal
Industrial: Statue of Liberty
Modern: Sydney Opera House
Artifact 1: Terracotta Army
Artifact 2: Sphinx

Source: http://forums.2kgames.com/forums/showthread.php?t=23575

Interesting news. Anyone in US who has the different packs? Are they worth the money? What changes in gameplay do you get as a result of adding these packs?

I might be getting one of the packs. I'll look at the feedback from others before I get it though, because I don't play CivRev for the wonders, I play for the fighting and other main gameplay concepts. Artifacts don't matter too much for me.

I have the Mythtic pack, I like that Scotkland Yard protects your Great People from kidnapping.

Interesting news. Anyone in US who has the different packs? Are they worth the money? What changes in gameplay do you get as a result of adding these packs?

OK, so I did some research and found out answers to parts of my questions. Here is a list of what the wonders will do for the gameplay. (Copied from 2K Elizabeth on the official 2K Forums)

WONDERS
Lighthouse of Alexandria - your Galleys will be able to sail into open water
Colosseum - your units will upgrade faster
Trajan's Column - your Legion units all receive +1 attack
Leaning Tower of Pisa - you receive a larger cut of the profits when enemy Caravans arrive in your cities
Taj Mahal - all building produce +1 culture
University of Sankore - desert regions provide +1 trade
Scotland Yard - your great people cannot be kidnapped by enemy spies
Statue of Liberty - all cities in your civilization immediately receive two free population
Eiffel Tower - all buildings provide +1 science
SETI - your spaceship will travel faster
Sydney Opera House - settled Great Artists double the culture production of their resident city
Cristo Redentor - Cathedral buildings will prevent your cities from flipping

RELICS
Court of Camelot - all your Horsemen units will immediately be upgraded to Knights
Tower of Babel - you will instantly be put in contact with all the nations of the world
Terracotta Army - all your soldiers receive the Scout upgrade
The Sphinx - you can immediately choose to switch to any government type
The Pharaoh's Needle - you instantly receive knowledge of an advanced technology
Tesla's "Peace" Ray - all wars immediately end

I just got these packs and I'm wondering are they only meant for single player games? I hope not because that would suck! but so far it seems that way. I never play single player.

boast: Yep, they're only available for single player games. I agree, that makes them pretty much irrelevant.

Top Bottom