Various UUs and UBs for each Civ

pesgores

Deus Vult!
I think Civs should have various UUs and UBs, grouped by Eras or something, if possible

Examples I thought about Portuguese UUs:

Guerrilheiros Lusitanos
:strength:5 :move:1
->+100% against Swordsman
->Starts with Guerrilla I
->Replaces Warrior on Classical Era and after

Carrack
->Just like in the game
->Replaces Caravel

Bandeirantes
->Same stats as Explorer, but can attack
->Replaces Explorer

Nau
:strength:4 :move:4
->Can bombard city defenses (-8%/turn)
->Replaces Galleon

Unique Buildings

Igreja
->Replaces Temple
->+1:culture:;+1:);+1 Free Priest (max 1; not cummulative with other temples)
->Special feature only applied if built on Medieval Era or later

Feitoria
->Same as in game
->Replaces Customs House

Fortaleza
->Replaces Castle
->+2 Trade routes, instead of +1
->Available only on Renaissance and Industrial Eras

Share your ideas, because only one Unique Thing is nothing...It can be obsoleted too quick, especially if it's the UU.

For ideas for multiple UUs, look at "Rise of Nations", a very underrated little gem!

This was on the 2nd thread you have there and it's what really inspired me. And what they suggested there was Civ and Leader-specific UUs and UBs and 2 UUs and UBs per civ.

What I suggest here is no limit to UUs and UBs, and grouped by eras.

As you may have seen my examples, they give even more advantages to exploration by the Portuguese civ.

What I also thought was the replacement of other units. That's silly. I mean, UUs and UBs should get increased production costs, but not replace already existing units. Or, in some cases, be much cheaper than the correspondant while being less good.

Replacement is silly.

The problem with having excessive uniques is that it can severely throw out game balance. And if limitless, what, for example, would be the Incan version of the tank? Or the American version of the archer?

They wouldn't have any. And replacement sucks.

Cheap Infantry
Str: 20 Mov: 1
Has no initial bonus against any units.

It's an example. Cheaper than Infantry, would be produced faster but would actually suck, just built to represent Strength in numbers. Could be an Alternative Unit, for Russian Empire (Red Army), or German Empire.

Top Bottom