Should I just quit now?

Gotrilliten

Warlord
So I decided a want to try a domination victory with the Iroquois for my first successful win on King difficulty. It's been going pretty well, until after taking over my continent, I found that my only coastal city is completely blocked in a little bay area, so I have essentially have no Navy to take the other continent with. Should I try to make a new city? I appear to have a slim lead technologically, if that makes a difference here.

Save included.

Also, if anyone wants to point out other things I've done that are bad/inefficient feel free. I need all the help I can get.

Attachments

• Gotrilliten_0255 AD-1725.Civ5Save
    1.1 MB · Views: 309
There is a path to open ocean south of Shanghai -- send your Frigate to explore. In any event, I wouldn't found a new city just to pump out a navy. DOW Askia and annex Jenne if you want as port that is closer to the other continent. But I note that only Athens is a coastal city -- both Edinburgh and Delhi are inland, so a navy won't be much help. Let your Frigate explore and just put your army in the water and let them swim.

I see you are building Oxford in your capital (8 turns away). Why? There is no key tech that will be available as your free tech in 8 turns.

And why did you settle an academy on Ivory? Great Person tile improvements don't connect luxuries.

Anyway, looks like a pretty ordinary King game. You are #1 or 2 in every category and should have little difficulty closing out the game in relatively short order.

My advice is to use IGE to remove ice from the maps. Honestly it is completely annoying.

You have a tech lead and have already taken over your own continent. Should you quit now, you ask?

... ...
What?

Just go stomp the entire world bro. And its not like any other AI is near any victory condition so why are you even thinking of quitting? Other than, perhaps, feeling lazy about managing troop movement.
For me, my play style involves domination all the time. Regardless of what final victory I end with, wars, are a must. If not it'll be just such a bore to click "next turn" for 300 turns.

And why did you settle an academy on Ivory? Great Person tile improvements don't connect luxuries.

I'm pretty sure it does connect the luxuries? Although you wouldn't pick up the extra Gold from the camp you could have built instead....

Top Bottom