How to Add/Use These New Units

hello,
First let me say that i really appreciate all the help i have been given to date. i found this site recently and it furthered my love of civ3.
To the point, i have downloaded quite a few new units i am experimenting with. most work great. but i am having a problem with others. a few of the units rar files that i downloaded dont contain a xxLG or xxSM .pcx file. what do i do if they dont have one? again, i am new at this. i am trying but hulk not like funny machine with little letters on it.
any suggestions?

I'm a newb here and with computers in general. I cannot change my PediaIcons (copy)file. Everytime I try it will not let me save the change. Something about being a read only file. Any suggestions?

I'm a newb here and with computers in general. I cannot change my PediaIcons (copy)file. Everytime I try it will not let me save the change. Something about being a read only file. Any suggestions?

Yes. Right click on the file and select "properties". Then uncheck the box which says "read only" at the bottom of the pop up properties window. Now you should be able to save changes. :)

UGHHHHH! I have tried for three hours straight to add units to my C3C!!! But every time I check on editor for the units they are never there! I dont know what I am doing here, if someone could please help me I would be grateful. If you could please send step by step instructions on how to do this to rdlp123@aol.com I would be SOOOOOO happy. Thanks.

I'm afraid no-one's going to email step-by-step instructions to anyone, given that they wouldn't know what is going wrong with your attempt to follow the existing, publicly available instructions. Your best bet would be to start a thread in the main C&C forum describing exactly what you're doing and exactly what the problem is, and perhaps someone will be able to tell what's going wrong.

Hey guys ive use your tutorial to add units and ive good that all good but i added a new worker and settler for a different civ. i havent checked the settler yet but the automate button works, but my workers just explore. can you point me in the right direction to fix it.

Also I have a general question about making scenarios. Im making one at the moment and ive been using heaps of other peoples graphics. Say if i actually finish it and upload it, do people get annoyed if im using their graphics without their consent????

It's not easy to guess what your problem is from such a brief description. If you're talking about AI-controlled workers, the problem is probably that you haven't ticked the "Terraform" box under "AI Strategies". You need to do this so that the AI knows it's a worker. Also, for this to be possible, you need to enable all of the actions under "Worker/Engineer Actions".

Basically, make sure you copy everything from the default Worker, with all the same boxes ticked and so on.

If you run into problems of this kind, it's a good idea to study someone else's mod or scenario to see how they did it.

As for making a scenario with other people's graphics, you do not need consent. People post them here specifically for people to use in this way. However, if you post your scenario on the site, you should give credit to everyone whose work you've used.

Dunno if it has been answered but I'm having a problem with "infantrydeath.wav" files. I have added several new infantry units and when I place them on the map and load the scenario, I get the same message that the file is missing. However, I've checked all ini entries and each unit alone but everything seems fine.

Don't forget the Space between infantrydeath and .wav.

It's

InfantryDeath .wav

NOT

InfantryDeath.wav

Easy solution: Copy the file and rename the copy.

Has this discussion for helping technological challenged people and their inabilities to follow computer concepts finished?

hope not !!

I have C3C. Where is the most up to date guide for swapping out units in game, for alternative graphics please?

I have C3C. Where is the most up to date guide for swapping out units in game, for alternative graphics please?

Follow the guide in the 2nd post (the one about adding units to conquests) and when you added it, make it available to the civ you want to use it for. Then, make sure the unit it replaces is not available anymore for that civ.

For example, in my own personal mod I had a billman unit replace the pikeman for half of my civs. I added the billman unit with the tutorial, and I made sure it was available to the bottom half of my civilizations only.

After that, I went to the pikeman unit and made sure that the pikeman was not available for that same bottom half of civs. And you're done!

Thank you very much :)

This way can I have different unit graphics for different civs, even if its the same unit stat wise?

Hello friends!
Could you please share with me any free program to save correctly .pcx documents for Civ III?
I've tried some programs but cannot find really working program :(

Top Bottom