Cultural Border

kcamphausen

Chieftain
Hello, this is my first post. When I invade a neighbor to the east and capture his city a second enemy to the southeast captures many of my men including both soldiers and settlers. I have attemped to quickly found a city or fortify the border but the second enemy influence spreads. Any idea how to prevent this?

:nuke:

Do you have version 1.52? The patch for it came out on December 23rd or 24th and you can either download it from this website or go to options in the Main Menu screen of Civ 4 and select Options and then push Check for Updates and it will patch automatically.

Nope! I put in the patch and it happened again. Here is the map. The city I invade is 3 tiles from the border with the third civ. I have units all along the border. At the beginning of my new turn the border has extended all the way up to my conquered city and all the border units have been "pushed" into the conquered city. Help?

kcamphausen said:
Nope! I put in the patch and it happened again. Here is the map. The city I invade is 3 tiles from the border with the third civ. I have units all along the border. At the beginning of my new turn the border has extended all the way up to my conquered city and all the border units have been "pushed" into the conquered city. Help?

This sounds normal. When you capture a new city, it doesn't have any culture, so other, nearby cities can dominate the area around it. Nothing you can do but capture those cities or generate culture in your cities.

In the first post you said that the cultural expansion was capturing your units. That shouldn't happen, but the stuff you describe in the later post, including pushing your units out of territory controlled by other civs (if you don't have Open Borders with them) is normal.

P.S. You should post questions in the General Discussions forum, not in Strategy Articles. Or, if there's a real bug, post in Bug Reports.

Top Bottom