Hajduk 11/08/07

Americans (like me) write dates and addresses the way we do because of the many times we have had to redo pages and pages of forms when punctilious bureaucrats would not accept them due to "miswritten" dates.

Another one of those "I wish I had a mod to put this in" great units by the way! :goodjob:
((except for that one small problem with the mustache/beard/head size/guns/drinking/ethnically appropriate clothing/etc./etc./etc. :crazyeye: ))

I think pretty much everyone outside America puts the day first, then the month, then the year. I don't know why Americans put the month, then the day, then the year, as it seems very illogical to me. Probably the same reason they put the street number of the apartment building before the apartment number when addressing letters. However, the American system of numbering building storeys seems more sensible to me than the usual one, so no doubt it all works out evenly in the end.

Anyway, this is a very nice unit, very well animated. The only flaw is that the feet look like they slide in the Fortify instead of picking up and stepping one at a time, which would be more realistic.

:p No they are not the only ones, the Hungarians put first the year, than the month, and the day. :crazyeye:

:p No they are not the only ones, the Hungarians put first the year, than the month, and the day. :crazyeye:

Ah, well that's logical, at least. It makes sense to go either from the largest unit to the smallest or from the smallest to the largest, rather than start with the middle one...

Ah, well that's logical, at least. It makes sense to go either from the largest unit to the smallest or from the smallest to the largest, rather than start with the middle one...

Yes, at least that's logical. :) But it's still weird when you see a bilingual sign saying something like:

Strada 1 Dec 1918
1918 Dec 1 utca

:crazyeye:

Really nice unit Orthanc... and yes, there seems to always be something we have to do over or adjust again concerning animations no matter what program is used to make them. Since it all requires time in the first place, a good unit is worth the extra time to have it as we intended. :goodjob:

In the USA, the most common is the month, day, year.
August 13, 2007

Unless you are in the military in which case the months are not shown as a number.
example
13 Aug 2007
Of course its been awhile since I was in the service so it may have changed.

Unless you are in the military in which case the months are not shown as a number.
example
13 Aug 2007
Of course its been awhile since I was in the service so it may have changed.

Nope, it still is done this way.

It looks like Partizanac hasn't congradulated you yet, so I'll do it instead:
I love every part of it's animation :D :D :D (especially the drinking part, hoping it's rakiia though :beer: :cheers: :beer: ), great unit. I'll download it right away... tnx :goodjob:

(whistles) Nice job!!!:goodjob: This should be good for someone making a Greek War of Independence scenario!:) Any of you Gentlemen eager???:)

:lol: I don't know what's happened, it seems the requester dissappeared from the civ 3 boards right around the time I finished his request.

Coincidence? I think not.
:joke:

Anyways, thanks everyone (especially for that huge diversion into discussing the various methods of recording time):D

Partizanc is gone?

No, a simple search finds him at the Civ 4 boards around the 15th at least, it's just odd that for trying so hard to get this unit for so long, he hasn't given the indication that he know's it's finally finished. :crazyeye:

Crap he is a civ4er now. He even made them a unit library.

Top Bottom