Formula 1 2012

The point is the machines are fücking dangerous at the best of times, and letting a rètard like Maldonado about because he doesn't like being overtaken is not a good idea.

No F1 driver likes to be overtaken. Many of them frequently do things that are quite unsafe to avoid it. That is why there are stewards who penalize them when it occasionally occurs. It is one of their major jobs.

The recent incident where Schumacher ran into Senna was far more dangerous than either of these incidents, yet nobody was clamoring for his head.

Racing is an inherently dangerous sport. If you can't accept that perhaps OSB (other sports beckon). And whatever you do, don't watch NASCAR.

I'm not the one racing. Perez is. Which is why his complaints are slightly more pertinent than either of ours. None of us get the sport if drivers are all injured or dead.

Drivers whine about this all the time. The classic case was Prost trying to claim that Senna was going to kill someone because his religious beliefs made him feel he was invincible. Ironically, Prost eventually became one of Senna's biggest fans after he died.

Another classic example was Marco Simoncelli in MotoGP. He got all sorts of flack, and rightfully so, for taking too many chances with others' safety that go far beyond these minor incidents. It may have even contributed to his own death.

There is a very fine line between being aggressive enough to win races and being too dangerous with the safety of others on the track. The stewards are a very long way from taking major action against Maldonado, and rightfully so. They will continue to escalate his punishments if he even takes others out at such low speeds. But it won't be due to Perez whining about it. They have heard it all before countless times.

The greatest drivers have a burning desire to win. Maldonado winning so soon shows that he may eventually become one himself. He just needs to now temper his aggression back a bit.

Both Maldonado and his team collague Senna has been considered crash drivers of the year already in the middle of season now
Afraid that Alonso will do it this year
20 seconds penalty on Vettel loosing second place
Also red bull cars are under inspection against article 5.5.3 reglement
Hamilton got no sentence hindering Vettel being second although he was against overtake rule one round behind in Hockenheim
Alonso far ahead is doing actually the championship
the DRAG REDUCTION SYSTEM drs is functioning not well in the red bull car. Far better in McLaren car. the "Silverpfeil" still too slow against competitors

Both Maldonado and his team collague Senna has been considered crash drivers of the year already in the middle of season now
Afraid that Alonso will do it this year
20 seconds penalty on Vettel loosing second place
Also red bull cars are under inspection against article 5.5.3 reglement
Hamilton got no sentence hindering Vettel being second although he was against overtake rule one round behind in Hockenheim
Alonso far ahead is doing actually the championship

I have no idea what you just tried to say.

I have no idea what you just tried to say.

not interested in that at all
everybody knows what I said
goin about Alonso who leads and Hockenheim race and red bull car not being regular
and the crash drivers of the year now

Yeah, ok, but if you're going to post on an English speaking forum, it helps if you can speak English.

I know, but my english is not soo bad as you state. Just lack something I think. But Im not naturally english speaking . that might be reason. But why mocking when its off topic. Go back to formula one guy
becuz taking someone not seriously is violating the rules too, you know?
Im doing nothing wrong, or not?

He's not mocking. He just finds it hard to get what you mean. And many other people do as well. This is not mockery or an attack, this is just asking you to please write a bit more correctly.

Button, Kobayashi, Maldonaldo. It should be a very interesting Spa.

Maldonaldo... It seems so bizarre that he was able to win in Spain considering the results of Williams since then although I guess similar things could be said about Mercedes.

Was an interesting race for second with a lot of overtaking and that first corner incident. Grosjean seems like his position at Renault might be under threat if he can't finish more often although they might want to keep a French driver which is understandable. Sauber must be feeling the worst after seeing such a good qualifying go to waste mostly because of an accident they had no control over.

Crashes make for the real spectacularity of F1.

Changeable weather conditions would probably be my number one factor as its great when someone unexpected gets on the podium or a win. But yeah crashes do raise the excitement and particularly today it reminds how dangerous the sport still is as Alonso could so easily have been hit in the head.

Also I see Grosjean has been banned for a race which feels a little harsh considering that kind of move must happen quite often so it feels like most of the punishment is because of the result rather than his actual move. Not sure if Renault can put a replacement driver in for the next race?

That does seem rather harsh. But looking back at the video, Grosjean does make quite an aggressive move from one side of the track all the way to the other while giving Hamilton no room at all.

But it seemed like a turn one incident was in the cards given how Kobayashi's brakes were smoking before the start, and how much slower the left side got away compared to the right.

I was really expecting a red flag and a restart instead of a prolonged full course yellow.

I guess they could have gone through the pit lane to avoid the incident and I think they prefer to run under yellow flags than have a red flag so that the race ends at the normal time.

They certainly have changed the rules regarding red flags versus FCYs, and that probably does have something to do with the motivation for it.

I think there is no doubt that this race would have been red-flagged back in the 90s. In 1995, there were 5 races red flagged after incidents on the first lap, In 1998, there were 3, including after a similar incident at La Source took out half the field. Nowadays, races are only really red-flagged due to rain or the incident at Monaco in 2011 that completely blocked the track.

Anyway, it has certainly closed up the points chase even though it made for a rather boring race from the perspective of the race winner. But it certainly wasn't boring further back in the field.

Monza. What an interesting race. Hamilton may have saved his job at McLaren by winning despite incessantly whining to the press. Massa may have saved his job at Ferrari by coming in fourth while letting Alonso by under team orders. Alonso may have won the championship by coming in 3rd. And Perez may have taken Massa's job at Ferrari by coming in second.

And the FIA has shown they are serious with punishing those who engage in dangerous acts by giving Vettel a drive-though penalty for forcing Alonso off the track at 160 mph.

Link to video.

Schumi announced his retirement at end of season.

The talking heads on Speed TV during the Suzuka practice stated that he was forced out of Ferrari when he retired the first time. If that is true, my respect for the prancing horse just took a nose dive.

And now Hamilton announced he is taking Schumacher's place at Mercedes.

Top Bottom