Fave Historical Moment?

Amenhotep7

Spartiate
Self explanatory. I have many, but one that currently sticks out in my mind is when in the 1936 Olympics, Hitler spread a whole bunch of bull**** about "we are the master race", and was beaten by an American black man.:goodjob:

So? What's your favorite historical moment?:)

1911 when the Qing dynasty fell

So many, so many, but if I must choose one....

... I'd choose The beginning of the Modern Age - the XVI century. And if I should select one day, I'd choose Pavia, when we captured the French King in one of the most famous battles of the age.

probably the day when, as legend goes, Leonardo Di Vinci was atop a hill, looking down upon a town, and more or less yelled, and decleared the Italian renaissance :)

Texas Revolution of 1836 followed by the Mexican War of 1845 that secured the borders of Texas, added 1/4 of the US total land area, and turned Mexico from a power player in North America to groveling in internal strife.

Vimy Ridge. It is ironic that for a relatively peaceful country, Canada was born in blood and glory.

Although I would have to say the exploits of Admiral Spruance in the Pacific theatre were quite impressive.

Battle of Leiyte Gulf would have been pretty cool, as it was the last time battleships faced off in large numbers in battle.

The French Foreign Legion's legendary "Alamo-like" stand in Mexico would have to be up there, mostly just by the way it can affect the emotions of grown warriors to such an extent to this date.

One of mine would be the sinking of the Bismark. they sent a huge fleet against it, and ONLY won because a single obsolete bomber hit it in the right spot. If it hadn't been for that, that whole battle would have been a failure for the Allies.

well.. that's not what I heard...

Top Bottom