[MOD] Mana Flares and Unique Events Add-On

I was playing the RifE version and I encountered this issue. When I converted to empyrean, my imperial roads lost their cobblestone look and changed to vanilla civ roads.

Spoiler :

In RifE, I am only getting the roads inside the cities themselves, no connecting roads.

Just confirming the above issue about road construction. This is a copy of a comment I left in the RifE bug thread (because I don't know for certain where the issue is).

I saw a mention of Imperial Roads (from the manabursts and stuff mod) not working and would like to confirm I'm seeing the same thing. Namely, a worker takes my money and goes idle but the imperial road only showed up in the city's tile. However, I didn't get the "We need to find stone" announcement in this game, so there may be a problem with workers being able to use the Imperial Roads button in cities with access to stone. I have a stone quarry already so maybe that blocked the event?

It may be noteworthy that I built the stone quarry before getting my fifth city. In another game I did get the event, but had a snafu before I attempted to build the imperial roads. I'm starting another game to check this.

i have downloaded the code and it is a problem that in rife you can get stones as normal resources on the map...

if u build a quarry on a stone resource a event tells u that u can build imperial roads, but thats not true.
you need 4 cities in the same area as your capital as well. -->than u will get the event that will give u two stone resources and after this event u will be able to build imperial roads.

sorry but i didnt test it with rife but now i know what i have to change.
(so if you want to build imperial roads in your game make sure u have 5 cities and i hope u will get the event and it should work... can some1 plz test it in world builder?)

In the game I was referencing I didn't get the 'search for stone' event even after having five cities. I'm trying to test, but I keep having turn 1 CTDs.

Okay I gave myself a bunch of cities, got the event, put a quarry on the stone, and ordered a worker to build the roads. The roads got built, but the worker never woke up. Which while glitchy isn't an issue unless you forget about the worker.

Okay I gave myself a bunch of cities, got the event, put a quarry on the stone, and ordered a worker to build the roads. The roads got built, but the worker never woke up. Which while glitchy isn't an issue unless you forget about the worker.

do you mean that after the road was finished your worker still was unable to move (cannot move) or do you mean that after he finished the road he was able to move but asleepe and so anybody could easily forget about him?

do you mean that after the road was finished your worker still was unable to move (cannot move) or do you mean that after he finished the road he was able to move but asleepe and so anybody could easily forget about him?

He continued to have the red dot indicating he had completed his turn. When I clicked on the worker (after the roads were completed-which I observed graphically, I don't know if there was supposed to be any message) I was able to move him. The unit defending the city was the active unit, I just kept hitting next turn to get the roads done. If I had been checking the worker's wake up, I would have sentried all the other units.

Edit:I tried it again. With everything else sentried so there was not active unit, the worker did wake up correctly. It looks like just something cosmetic with BUG. Or, I may have left the worker as the active unit the first time and there's some issue there.

I like the imperial roads idea. But why do you have it as an event? Why not have it as a tech, available after construction? After you have researched it, 1-3 stone resources are placed (dependent on the number of cities you control) on the map within your borders. When you have connected the stone, the worker spell "Build Imperial Roads" appears in cities other than the capital, as per your rules.

How about this? Much simpler, in my opinion.

On another note, what about having a national wonder that gives you a spell, only usable in the city it is built in, called "Cause event" or somesuch, that can be used once per turn by a unit in the city. Whe used, a list pops up and you can choose to trigger one of the events by paying some money, sacrificing units, causing unhappiness or you name it. Entries may include "Library of Alexandria " (One time event, pay gold to rename the library to this name. It gives you 7 bonus beakers for as long as you have exactly seven units stationed in the city), "Perilous Research" (must have a laboratory in the city, loose the laboratory, gain a big research boost), "Polymorph" (pay 100 gold to cause one random unit stationed in the city to be sacrificed, replaced by a random unit from among all units in the game (not counting heroes) from all civs), "Fruitcake Elemental" (onetime event, pay gold to summon an elemental guardian. It is held, have strenght 7 and will deal 7 damage every turn to another random unit stationed in the city)... The list goes on!

Top Bottom