[MOD] Mana Flares and Unique Events Add-On

How about a mini nuke explosion effect if you get a refined mana flare?
As far as I know nuke effects aren't in FFHII or any modmod.

Warning:

There is a new version of RifE available: RifE 1.22.2 Flavor Patch

Mana Flares for RifE 1.20 is NOT compatible with RifE 1.22.2 !!
So if you still have an ongoing game with RifE 1.20+Mana Flares and you want to finish this game don't update to 1.22.2 until I release an updated version of Mana Flares.

I will try to update this mod (with refined mana nuke) as soon as possible...

i was playing last night and i got both the great Colosseum and the imperial roads events, however they never actualy completed. there was just a line of text above my scoreboard that read "Great Colosseum project complete in 12 turns" and "Imperial Roads Project Complete in 3 turns" for the rest of the game. never counted down. :(

edit: i was playing with RifE with all the latest versions installed.

i was playing last night and i got both the great Colosseum and the imperial roads events, however they never actualy completed. there was just a line of text above my scoreboard that read "Great Colosseum project complete in 12 turns" and "Imperial Roads Project Complete in 3 turns" for the rest of the game. never counted down. :(

edit: i was playing with RifE with all the latest versions installed.

thx for the bug report! (i'm always glad if someone takes the time to report a bug)

i had a similar problem before (see post 75) and it is very likely that your bug is also related to some python error that interfere with the counter code.
my big problem is that i cant play ffh2/rife at the moment and that makes bug fixing some kind of difficult even if you upload a savegame.
but nevertheless could you plz upload a save after you noticed that the counter is not 'counting'?

also did you turned python exceptions on? if not could you plz turn it on so you will get a message like in the picture in post #75 in this thread.
if you get such or a similar error msg could you plz upload the picture?

thx

(if you have any questions about how to turn python exceptions on just ask in this thread)

(--> Turn on Python error reporting if you haven't already.
Find the _Civ4Config shortcut in your Beyond the Sword folder.
Change HidePythonExceptions = 1 to HidePythonExceptions = 0)

edit:
do you have blizzards on your map? maybe the bug with the blizzards isnt fixed in the flavor patch 1.22.2?...

EDIT2:
well, i'm almost sure that your bug is related to some blizzards on your map because the flavor patch 1.22.2 didn't fix this issue. it is still like i said in post #75 - try to avoid illians in your game until Valkrionn releases the BIG patch :)

lol, right on. thanks for the reply!

Update:
R i f E version:
Should be compatible with R i f E version 1.22.2 and 1.23.
Edit: Version 1.23 is not savegame compatible with version 1.22.2!

No, it's not save compatible (Had to add read/write for the hell terrain tag) but it IS python/xml compatible, unless you mess with terraininfos. ;)

Is this compatible with the WildMana modmod?

Well, it was planed to be compatible with WildMana but after I saw some bugs with the modular modding (sometimes events don't trigger with modular modding, also problems with python) I stopped updating my mod for FFH2, Orbis and FF because it was a lot of work to update a non modular mod for every version of every FFH2 mod and I only play RifE when I find some time to play.

So this mod with all its features (e.g. Elohim events) is more or less a RifE only mod.

Update: (v0.1.23.2)
R i f E version: (not savegame compatible!)

Let's see how this new events will fit in the world of RifE :)

For more details see first post.​

Well, it was planed to be compatible with WildMana but after I saw some bugs with the modular modding (sometimes events don't trigger with modular modding, also problems with python) I stopped updating my mod for FFH2, Orbis and FF because it was a lot of work to update a non modular mod for every version of every FFH2 mod and I only play RifE when I find some time to play.

So this mod with all its features (e.g. Elohim events) is more or less a RifE only mod.

Should make a new thread in the RifE forum. :p

Top Bottom