The SMIL Mod!

Onionsoilder

Reaver
Presenting the Slightly More Intelligent Leaders Mod! No, I haven't messed with the AI at all. Instead I just did a few XML tweaks to make the function somewhat better in diplomacy. Really it's only 1 file, so if anyone wants to incorporate this into their modmod it should work fine unless they added new leaders/civilizations, which they will have to re-add.

I made the following changes:
- Changed <iNoTechTradeThreshold> from -25 on all leaders to an amount between 5 and 20, based on their personality(With the exception of the Amurites). This is just like BTS, were leaders like Alexander have a threshold of 5 and ones like Mansa Musa have a threshold of 20. I'm not sure why it was -25 in the first place, as Kael said he would fix it next patch(thus obsoleting most of this mod), but having a negative value caused very buggy AI behavior.

- Allowed Minister Koun to adopt a religion. I know he's supposed to be Grigori, but he doesn't have the Agnostic trait and he can spawn with non-grigori civilizations, so I figured he should be allowed to adopt a religion. Weighted slightly against Order and AV, weighted slightly for Empyrean and RoK.

- Allowed the Amurites to trade technologies. Never made much sense to me that they wouldn't trade, since they're the most scientific/magical civilization. However, in keeping with their whole secrets of the ancient things, both leaders have a <iNoTechTradeThreshold> of 0. That does not mean they won't trade technology. Rather, they will only trade technology if you haven't traded with anybody else. If they see you spreading their secrets around, they will stop trading with you.

Note that with all tweaks(even minor ones like this) OOS issues may result in multiplayer if every player does not have identical files. Either make sure everyone in a multiplayer game downloads and installs this, or keep a separate, un-modified version of FFH for multiplayer use.

Has any progress been done with this?

Do the AI seem to do better when the strange NoTechTrade tag is set right?

Ah, that's okay :)
I'm slowly working through the leaderhead file in RifE, just wanted to know whether I should tweak that. :p

Top Bottom