Events with Images for FfH modmod Pre-release

ostar

Warlord
Based on the Events with Images mod for BTS (found here.)
I have created a modmod that does the same thing for FfH. Each event will trigger as normal, but when it does it will also have an image associated with it.

Images were used from the existing FfH images where already created (like events for specific individuals), and chosen by me when they had no existing corresponding images (the majority of them). I used the artists from the FfH credits as much as possible, meaning a lot of Brom, Justin Sweet, and so on. I did add a number from one of my favorite artists Frank Frazetta.

The mod is just about ready to be released - it works fine for me and all the events have images. I just want to tweak a couple more and see if I can streamline one thing.

A few sample screenshots are below.

Screenshots, including one from the More Events ModMod as well.

Attachments

• LetumFrigus.JPG
    LetumFrigus.JPG
    330.8 KB · Views: 212
  • Civ4ScreenShot0001.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0001.JPG
    145.8 KB · Views: 147
  • Civ4ScreenShot0002.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0002.JPG
    165.1 KB · Views: 140
  • Civ4ScreenShot0000.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0000.JPG
    160.4 KB · Views: 163
I kind of like event pop-up images, I kind of don't... esp the great leader births, because they block the view during turn intervals, and seem to cause lag.

I kind of like event pop-up images, I kind of don't... esp the great leader births, because they block the view during turn intervals, and seem to cause lag.

The GP popups are an addition to the normal turn, which this mod does not do (although I don't play without the GP popups myself). The events already have a popup - this mod just adds an event image for that already called popup, as the screenshots above show. I can't really imagine a slowdown, since the images are the exact same .dds format Civ and FfH already use.

Here's the list I promised.
The following images named below are for the FFH More Events ModMod by black imperator (found here.) The images are already included in the Events with Images download, so you don't need to redownload anything. I just did not make an xml file for them, because not every one uses the More Events mod. If you or your mod does, then just add the line
<EventArt>Art\EventImages\image_name_below.dds</EventArt> to the event in CIV4EventTriggers.xml.

Event Name Image Name

Gela e_gela.dds
Strange Adept e_strangeadept.dds
Hell Refugees e_hellrefugees.dds
Scholars e_scholars.dds
Trapped Frostlings e_frostlings.dds
Pacifist Demonstration e_pacifistdemonstration.dds
Demon Sign e_demonsign.dds
Hanging Sisters e_hangingsisters.dds
Ash Cough e_ashcough.dds
Dead Angel e_deadangel.dds
Depressed Toymaker e_depressedtoymaker.dds
Devastating Plague e_devestatingplague.dds
(Yes, mispelled devastating, sorry, but it will still work)
Massive Suicide e_massivesuicide.dds
Necro Cannibalism e_necrocannibalism.dds
Hell Portal e_hellportal.dds
Ghost Ship e_ghostship.dds
Orphaned Goblin e_orphanedgoblin.dds
That Kind of Day e_thatkindofday.dds
Corrupt Judge e_corruptjudge.dds
Wayward Elves e_waywardelves.dds
Renowned Market e_renownedmarket.dds
Board Game e_boardgame.dds
Traveller e_traveller.dds
Unfortunate Spy e_unfortunatespy.dds
Overcrowded Dungeon e_overcrowdeddungeon.dds
Ancient Burial e_ancientburial.dds
Mad Golemicist e_madgolemicist.dds
Cookbook e_cookbook.dds
Elder Death e_elderdeath.dds
Skilled Jeweler e_skilledjeweler.dds
Great Speaker e_greatspeaker.dds
Redecoration e_redecoration.dds
Younger Council e_youngercouncil.dds
Princess Rule e_princessrule.dds

Again, all these images are already in the download - you just have to link them in the CIV4EventTriggers.xml as listed above if you are or want to use the FFH More Events modmod.

Top Bottom