I would like to remove Ethnically Diverse Units.

i'm not gonna do it FOR you.. but it's VERY simple... just go into \Assets\XML\Civilizations and delete all the unique units you want, from each civ.

you're looking for this:
<Units>
<Unit>
<UnitClassType>UNITCLASS_ARCHER</UnitClassType>
<UnitType>UNIT_BABYLON_BOWMAN</UnitType>
</Unit>
</Units>

Man... how boring!

In BtS, there are probably two files that would interest you... combined, they are what makes ethically diverse units happen. Without them, all units would be the default (boring) ones.

"Civ4CivilizationInfos.xml" is one of them... there's a "UnitArtStyleType" line that points to "European" or "Asian" or so-forth.

You can probably just change this line:
<UnitArtStyleType>UNIT_ARTSTYLE_EUROPEAN</UnitArtStyleType>

To this:
<UnitArtStyleType/>

And my hunch would be that would solve your problem alltogether (you'd have to do this for each of the 34 civs though).

If that doesn't work, look at the files it points to...

"Civ4UnitArtStyleTypeInfos.xml" holds all the specific data... like changing a Knight to a "European" Knight, or an "Asian" Knight. Deleting the units in there would probably work too...

I suspect the first command should do the trick though and get you back to a really boring game where Chinese troops look just like English ones.

Yes, but it's easier to tell what a unit is that way without having to mouse over it. Sometimes I can't tell if it's a UU or just a different style.

So I change
Code:
to
Code:
<UnitArtStyleType>UNIT_ARTSTYLE_EUROPEAN<UnitArtStyleType/>
?

Would I do that for UNIT_ARTSTYLE_EUROPEAN and UNIT_ARTSTYLE_ASIAN and so forth?

No... you'd change:

To

<UnitArtStyleType/>

Try it for ONE CIV... and check it in-game... if it makes them all super-bland, you've succeeded, then go down the list and do it for each civ in-game... I'm not 100% sure it would work, but doing that for just about every other XML command you don't want to use usually works.

Note, each civ will have a line that looks like that, and some will differ... some will say:
or
<UnitArtStyleType>UNIT_ARTSTYLE_ASIAN</UnitArtStyleType>
or
<UnitArtStyleType>UNIT_ARTSTYLE_MIDDLE_EAST</UnitArtStyleType>
etc, etc, etc...

Change each one to read:
<UnitArtStyleType/>

I believe that will work... if not, you'll have to mess around with the other file I suspect... but I'm fairly sure my 1st trick should work.

Doing this:
<UnitArtStyleType/>

Is basically telling the game you don't want to use any special ethnic group at all for that civ... if no ethnic group is used, it will default to the basic (vanilla Civ-4) units.

P.S.
You'd really hate my mod pack!

Top Bottom