Votes: 2,357 39.0%
  • The Nineties (1990-99)

Votes: 1,273 21.1%
  • The 2000s (2000-2009)

Votes: 68 1.1%
  • The 2010s (2010-2019)

Votes: 3 0.0%

• Total voters
1991 - I'm 13, and at least 4 of my friends in my grade play Civ3.

Btw- I'm hoping all the people who said they were born after 2000 are joking. No one that young should be on the internet.

suprised so many civers are younger than i, had no idea there were so many teenagers playing, thought they all played either really violent games or sports games so I am really impressed that the younger people (not that I am old) are so interested in a strategy game.

1980 I have grown watching Knight Rider, The A-Team and Miami Vice. Oddly enoguh I managed to obtain a degree. :groucho:

'89.

But my dad also plays; he's 1950's

1978.. I wish i was born in 10 years later though... when i was 16, all i had was an Amiga 600!!
All you teenagers now have hideously powerful pc's!!

I'm definitely an oldie. 1942. Been playing since the first civ came and didn't feel so old until I saw the results of the this pole.

Just got back to civ after having a couple of rounds with Farcry and Half Life 2. Need to slow down a little. Old age you know.

1988, didn't realise so many people born in the eighties played civ, I know of only one person in my year at school that plays it a bit.

Gosh, Arachnaphobia, you must feel lonely (all of my friends play it / will buy civ3)

I was born in 1987! It is my birthday in 8 days and I will turn 18, oh ya! What a good year, it is a big milestone, I can't wait...

Everyone thinks about different things when they think about turning 18....
You know who you are and what I am talking about.

At 18, you will be tried in court as an adult.
At 18, you can order things over the phone, from infomercials.
At 18, if you couldn't or didn't before most people will have a driver's license.
At 18, if you weren't already, most people will be working at a job.
At 18, you can legally have consensual sex with another person over 18.
At 18, you can do pretty much anything adults can do except drink alcohol.
At 18, you are pretty much an adult in every way other than having the wisdom and maturity that comes with age and further wiring of the prefrontal cortex.

There is one thing I left out that comes with turning 18 in the US. The thing I am most looking foreword to.

The thing I am most looking foreword to is voting. We all know how important that is especially in today's political climate and in the United States (where I live).

Me and my generation are becoming the future leaders, thinkers, and workers. Our brains and bodies are being rewired and retooled and most of us will decide at this point in their lives if they want to be further educated and go into college and decide what their major is going to be. Some people haven't made up their minds yet.

I am going to stay near my home (Chicago) and hope to major in computer science and become a systems administrator, computer programmer, or help desk technician.

Wow this sort of turned out to be a mini-autobiography of my future.

I must say I am surprised so many other people are surprised at their being people older than them playing Civ. I assumed more older people would be playing than young people. As someone said in this thread, you need a lot of patience and planning to be good at this game.

I like the fact that this thread goes by when we are born instead of how old we are but I think it should be in reverse order, with younger generations at the top and older at the bottom, and their should be a 10's and 20's generation listed.

fe3333au said:
I was born in the 60's, the year when

:sad: J.F.Kennedy RIP
:D Debut of Dr.Who on BBC
:cool: Invention of the original :)
1963!
Dude! :thumbsup:

thescaryworker said:
Finally, someone born the same year as me!
BTW, OCT1991

As i look at this, alot of people are born in 1991.

AndrewH
thescaryworker
General Joey
Puglover
Luddi VII
disturbed bacon
Dreadnought
Fundamentality

That is alot of 13 and 14 year olds playing civ.

Top Bottom