[BTS] Fictionalization IV

Brilliant mod. I played through till about 1970AD but when I built a 'Toy Soldier' I got a CTD..

Cockagnie national wonder doesnt seem to work, im still playing the version before the last update so if you fixed it, nevermind.:mischief:

I didnt see any effect from it all in my current game.

Thx ,will let you know after I play the newest version probaly in a couple weeks. I think the hero concept is what really makes this great so keep adding please:goodjob:

As soon as I can find appropriate unit models I will. The main thing holding me back is a lack of suitable artwork.

I'm working on the next update right now, and I'm going to include at least two more heroes: Sun Wukong, "Monkey" from Journey to the West, and G-8, a fighter pilot from several pulp novels (I realized that I didn't have an air hero, so this should compensate for that).

The Sorceress turning villagers into pigs event is borked. It supposedly happened to something like "%2City" (definitely not the one default named Persian city I had at that point) which I assume indicates some sort of typo in the event itself.

I've been toying with the idea of adding in World Improvements, like the kind seen in FfH. This would of course be after I finally work out the .dll compilers.

So, stuff like the Fountain of Youth, Pride Rock, Maple White Land and the Black Lagoon would play a part in the mod.

But that's pretty far off for now. I think for the next installment I'm going to try focusing on the barbarian monsters in the game, as well as special religion-based units.

Look forward to it, your work is appreciated, Im trying a game of the wolfrev. mod right now but will check back.

I should be able to do another update of the beta soon. A couple of changes:

- T'Challa is now a leader for the Zulu. He's from Marvel Comics and usually goes under the title of Black Panther

- Four more heroes have been added: Sun Wukong, G-8, D'Artagnan and CuChullain

- Three new wonders have been added: Greyfriar's School from the British "Billy Bunter" series, Iram of the Pillars which appears in Arabic myth, and Xanadu from the Coleridge poem of the same name. The Labyrinth wonder now uses the python effects from tsentom's Templo Mayor wonder (shortened anger duration from sacrificing population)

- Religions now have special units. The units are: the Jewish Golem, the Christian Knight Templar, the Islamic Djinn, the Hindu Vimana, the Buddhist Shaolin Monk, the Taoist Xian, the Confucian Junzi, the Yuggoth Shoggoth, the Witch Broom Rider, and the Martian Grokker.

I've been trying to think of fiction-based random events for the mod to add to the handful I already have. Some of the events I already have include a town turning into a source of pigs (like Circe did in The Odyssey), two feuding families building a Monument in honor of their dead children (a la Romeo & Juliet), and gaining a source of hit movies after paying a laboratory for a satellite launch (MST3K). So, anything along those lines.

Does anyone have any ideas?

This mod has a lot of promise. I can't be of any real help, but I'll still give some advice. First of all there should be Civ specific heroes, like the Greeks get Odysseus and Achilles and the British get James Bond and Allan Quartermain for instance. Also heroes should be a lot cheaper, by the time you build them they'll get obsolete too fast. Wonders and religions should be all fictional, no real-life ones.

Religions could have heroes too, like Fall from Heaven. Witchcraft can have heroes like Harry Potter or Gandalf the White while Chthulu's Call could have Dagon or maybe Cthulhu himself.

Some fictional religion ideas, The First Church of Fonz from Family Guy, The Jedi Order, The Cult of Kefka from Final Fantasy 6, Robotology from Futurama, The Church from His Dark Materials, and just for laughs a religion that worships Haruhi Suzumiya.

Well that's it for now, I hope my advice was of some use. Keep up the good work.

This mod has a lot of promise. I can't be of any real help, but I'll still give some advice. First of all there should be Civ specific heroes, like the Greeks get Odysseus and Achilles and the British get James Bond and Allan Quartermain for instance.

I had considered that at one point. But in a normal civ game, The Statue of Liberty and The Pentagon aren't exclusive to the Americans, and The Eiffel Tower and Versailles aren't exclusive to the French. So, if anyone can build those wonders, anyone can build any hero.

Also heroes should be a lot cheaper, by the time you build them they'll get obsolete too fast.

I've addressed this and the next update will have much cheaper heroes.

Wonders and religions should be all fictional, no real-life ones.

Well, since the mod is ultimately about culture, I think throwing out real-world religions would deny the rich literature that religions have brought to humanity.

Religions could have heroes too, like Fall from Heaven. Witchcraft can have heroes like Harry Potter or Gandalf the White while Chthulu's Call could have Dagon or maybe Cthulhu himself.

The next update will have religion-specific units, although they won't be heroes (I won't rule that out in the future though). I've decribed them in an earlier post.

Some fictional religion ideas, The First Church of Fonz from Family Guy, The Jedi Order, The Cult of Kefka from Final Fantasy 6, Robotology from Futurama, The Church from His Dark Materials, and just for laughs a religion that worships Haruhi Suzumiya.

I don't think I'll be adding any more religions to the mod, but thank you for your contributions.

I just tried out the mod, it ran fine but for some reason I got a plethora of python error pop-ups while it was loading. I only played a few turns though so I could report this.

Top Bottom