Game Saturn

Actually, in a friendly game like this, I think it's more fun to be able to see and compare what everyone's doing. Besides, this way the newer players can learn some things about how you can read information in multiplayer, so it helps them out. :)

True very true. This is a much friendly environment then I am used to.

I did mouse over. From what I saw, the capital was ____ of the ______. :)
I don't quite follow. So what's the story here - you can see the outline of the borders, but haven't made contact? Or you've made contact but are being secretive? :p

If you've made contact with anybody, by the way, the "?" will be removed from next to their name (in case that wasn't already obvious). ;)

Woohoo, an early turn flip. Only 11 hours! Let's see if we can keep that up. :)

An early turn flip? Do you mean that the turn finished much earlier than the 23 hour timer?

And I did get to see the capital city, INCLUDING the city center. However, the weird thing was, my quecha/scout was standing 2 tiles next to their borders (there was 1 empty tile between), yet we didn't make contact. I thought capital's borders extended line of sight by 2 spaces? Anyway, it's not an issue anymore since I moved my quecha/scout right next to the capital and made contact with...dum dum dum...Toch!

PS: I'd trade for Toch's capital with mine any day...

Ouch why every body have to be so close to me ? :crazyeye: looks like ill be really in territory troubles.

huh? who else have you found?

An early turn flip? Do you mean that the turn finished much earlier than the 23 hour timer?
Indeed. :)

And I did get to see the capital city, INCLUDING the city center. However, the weird thing was, my quecha/scout was standing 2 tiles next to their borders (there was 1 empty tile between), yet we didn't make contact. I thought capital's borders extended line of sight by 2 spaces?
No. City borders only extend sight by the same amount as if a unit was standing on every tile you own. Thus on flatland, city borders will only "see" 1 tile away, while on hills and mountains they will "see" 2 tiles away.

Anyway, it's not an issue anymore since I moved my quecha/scout right next to the capital and made contact with...dum dum dum...Toch!

PS: I'd trade for Toch's capital with mine any day...
Cool, glad you've met someone. Only wish I had... :)

I will surely have to meet someone soon, just went from somewhat north of my continent, where my capital is, to the southern end of the continent, on tundra. Anyone stuck on tundra?

I finaly see Dmoc Quacha (or what ever it is called),

i have to point out that if there would be no rush rule DMOC could nicely rush my capital and happyli defeat me.

Does it happens in MP sometimes ?

i have to point out that if there would be no rush rule DMOC could nicely rush my capital and happyli defeat me.

Depends. In a game with random people, fairly often. In a game with friends, hardly ever. Most people aren't big enough bastards to kill a person 10 turns into the game. :p

I don't envy Toch's position. I hope to find people, but a nice healthy distance away. :p

Dux: You've traveled from top to bottom already? How big is this map...?

It's a quecha. :D

I wouldn't rush someone for this particular game. Well, definitely not until past turn 60-70 at least.

Against humans quecha rush isn't much better than warrior rush. Humans know to use warriors to defend against them and then their only advantage against normal warrior is Combat I.

Against humans quecha rush isn't much better than warrior rush. Humans know to use warriors to defend against them and then their only advantage against normal warrior is Combat I.

Humans also tend to leave their capitals completely defenseless in an early game unless its a very hostile environment. ;) Quechua vs undefended city isn't very good odds for the defender. :p

Looks like Toch got more hut goodness, yay.

Also plako got a freebie tech too... almost missed it thanks to his position in the turn log, but look, his score increased twice! :lol:

All these huts are certainly turning me off wanting them in future games. The amount of free techs they're throwing off to everyone is ridiculous... who needs strategy in planning your early tech path? :crazyeye:

Top Bottom