Quick Questions and Answers

That was the original question. While finishing Liberty I did not get the option to choose a great prophet. I know that the Hagia Sophia prophet let's you found a religion even if you don't have a pantheon, and you get to choose a pantheon when you found, but liberty finisher did not give me the option for a prophet. I found it odd, especially since I had the option for an admiral while being landlocked.

The Piety finisher will also provide a GPr even if you haven't founded a pantheon, but the Liberty finisher and Leaning Tower of Pisa, which allow you to select what type of Great Person to receive, will not.

Another Quick Question. At what rate do allied Militaristic City States gift units. How does this change when you are just friends?

OK, seriously dumb question. Is there a "world builder" in game utility like previous versions, or are we supposed to pick up the Mod mantle?

I've been a long time fan who gets to play in streaks and up until about 6 months ago I've been kicking around Civ IV, just got CV and I'm trying to poke around and would like to make a couple of adjustments to my single player game but can't find anything. I've tried looking and searching here but can't find an answer. Thanks.

There is a world builder utility included in the Civ V SDK, which is free on Steam. Go to your Steam library and browse Tools.

Thanks Browd.
I'm an old guy so I haven't really explored Steam enough to totally understand it. Guess I will have to do that. It looks like the ease of modding has gotten a big boost for us non-tech guys too. Appreciate the help.

So wich civ has the best odds for cultural victory? i have every dlc and civ

In a single player, whichever civ the human happens to be playing at the moment, even if that civ has nothing that helps with culture. (The humans odds will approach 100% for whichever victory he is seeking unless the human has taken a high risk strategy)

But perhaps you mean quickest time to cultural victory:

I think that is Sacred Sites gambit as Brazil.

So wich civ has the best odds for cultural victory? i have every dlc and civ
The fastest path to CV is to eliminate all but one AI civ and then use a Great Musician to tourism bomb the last player (who should also be the lowest culture AI player). Use Liberty policy tree to get the Great Musician early and any military civ to play a Classical Era conquest game up to the last player.

Sacred Sites religion belief available through the Piety policy tree is the next fastest route. For this you want to get an early faith producing Pantheon, spread your cities wide with Shrines and Temples in every city, get 2 faith purchased buildings (i.e. Pagodas and Cathedrals) for your religious beliefs buying them in every city, and then get Sacred Sites to get tourism from all of these buildings. Byzantium might be able to take a 3rd building as the bonus belief which (if you have enough faith) would make them the best candidate for this strategy.

Regardless of which route you take, build 2-3 scouts early so that you can meet all the AI players. You don't start accumulating tourism until you meet a player.

If the world congress ban nuclear proliferation can i build giant robots?

Inviato dal mio GT-S5570I con Tapatalk 2

If the world congress ban nuclear proliferation can i build giant robots?

Inviato dal mio GT-S5570I con Tapatalk 2
Yes, they don't count as nukes.

What happens if I change ideology (i.e. from Freedom to Order)? Do I lose all of the tenets from Freedom? Do I get any free tenets in Order?

What happens if I change ideology (i.e. from Freedom to Order)? Do I lose all of the tenets from Freedom? Do I get any free tenets in Order?
You lose prior selections, and get free ones if they are still available (1st or 2nd to pick)

You lose prior selections, and get free ones if they are still available (1st or 2nd to pick)

You get refunded the cost of the tenets in the old ideology that were chosen, except for any free ones from first or second pick you may have gotten.

Note however, that the unit granting of one of Freedom's tenets is permanent. (You won't lose the units), you will though lose the maintenance discount.

Quick question, what was the last 10.1 MB patch about? I can't find anything on it!

I'm not seeing any recent patches for Civ V for me.

Will anything happen if I get a second victory condition? E.g. I won a culture victory, and then I click 'Wait, one more turn' and then go ahead and conquer everyone's capital. Will anything happen? e.g. will the victory animation or any achievement get triggered?

Top Bottom