Tomatekh's Historical Religion Mods

Hmmm, I have a feeling it might be this. However, Civ Specific Religions should no longer be needed as Historical Religions (only Complete and only in BNW games), as of an update or two ago, has secondary and tertiary religious preferences for the official civs if their first choice is already founded.

Civ Specific Religions was the problem! Not only do they choose the right religions now, taking it out also solved a bug I had where not all pantheons would show up in the menu even if they were available to choose.

Too bad your system only applies to the Firaxis civs yet though because now I'll have to choose between either Historical Religions or custom civs with Civ Specific Religions because I can't go back to not having secondary and tertiary preferences now. Maybe Civ Specific Religions works if I instead of the Complete version use the base version along with the stand-alone denominations pack? I'll try that.

It's not that HR Complete can't support modded civs in this way, it's that supporting them would require removing certain triggers which are usually present in both HR Complete and the civ mod itself (so it requires updating a lot of mods, most of which aren't mine). Technically, the Timurids and Mali support it.

Too bad your system only applies to the Firaxis civs yet though because now I'll have to choose between either Historical Religions or custom civs with Civ Specific Religions because I can't go back to not having secondary and tertiary preferences now. Maybe Civ Specific Religions works if I instead of the Complete version use the base version along with the stand-alone denominations pack? I'll try that.

My mod and Civ Specific Religions determine the preference order in the exact same way. So, however you went about adding support for mod civs to the Civ Specific Religions mod you can use the exact same method to add it to HR Complete (as even Civ Specific Religions only has extra preferences for like China, Siam, and Japan, I think). However, I would assume triggers that update the religions when a new religion is added would mess up Civ Specific Religions anyway. But yes, if you want to continue using Civ Specific Religions with HR, it should work with any version that's not the Complete version.

A bonus pack thanks primarily to the efforts of Janboruta and JFD:

Medieval Heresies (Steam / Civfanatics)

It adds four Medieval era religious heresies.

For Christianity:
Bogomilism
Catharism
Hussitism

For Islam:
Mu'tazila

Note:
- This mod requires either the Gods and Kings or the Brave New World expansions.
- This pack is not currently included in the Historical Religions complete pack. It will be added to it at a later date; however, I need to do some updates to the Complete mod before that can happen.

WOW! So nice, I like it.

I'm running into this error when I have HRC and AW's Georgia enabled:
Code:
[183179.218] Runtime Error: C:\Users\Sarah\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\Historical Religions Complete (BNW or GK) (v 22)\Lua\Historical Religions Preference.lua:34: attempt to index field 'RELIGION_ATANODJUWAJA' (a nil value)
stack traceback:
	C:\Users\Sarah\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\Historical Religions Complete (BNW or GK) (v 22)\Lua\Historical Religions Preference.lua:34: in main chunk
	=[C]: in function 'include'
	C:\Users\Sarah\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\Historical Religions Complete (BNW or GK) (v 22)\Lua/Historical Religions Preference Handle.lua:6: in main chunk
	=[C]: ?

I'm running into this error when I have HRC and AW's Georgia enabled:
Code:
[183179.218] Runtime Error: C:\Users\Sarah\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\Historical Religions Complete (BNW or GK) (v 22)\Lua\Historical Religions Preference.lua:34: attempt to index field 'RELIGION_ATANODJUWAJA' (a nil value)
stack traceback:
	C:\Users\Sarah\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\Historical Religions Complete (BNW or GK) (v 22)\Lua\Historical Religions Preference.lua:34: in main chunk
	=[C]: in function 'include'
	C:\Users\Sarah\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\Historical Religions Complete (BNW or GK) (v 22)\Lua/Historical Religions Preference Handle.lua:6: in main chunk
	=[C]: ?

It's harmless, you can ignore the error.

The latest version doesn't even really use the lua anymore because there were too many people reporting "errors" actually caused by them using other mods with outdated DLLs (like Civ IV Diplomacy) which were never updated to include "OnGetReligionToFound".

I decided the constant error reports from something that isn't my fault wasn't worth the effort and disabled most of the lua functions. The error you got is just from my sloppily removing everything.

I'm not sure............when I run them both together all of the religions disappear from the civlopedia.

I'm not sure............when I run them both together all of the religions disappear from the civlopedia.

A lua error wouldn't cause that; at most it would just make the code not run (not delete any of the religion entries). It would have to be a conflict somewhere else in the mod. I'll download the civ and see if I can see anything.

Hey, this mod looks really cool, but I was wondering if any of these new religions get unique decisions when played with E&D? Thanks!

If I remember right, they do.

All religions get functionally identical decisions with E&D, so there's no inherent bonus for choosing one religion over another (though the yield type rewarded is randomly chosen at the start of the game).

However, all 100 or so religions in this mod do have unique flavor text for the "Holy Festival" decision. So it will show up as "Perform the Nineteen Day Fast" or "Celebrate Samhain" or "Hold a Great Blot" etc. depending on which religion you choose.

All religions get functionally identical decisions with E&D, so there's no inherent bonus for choosing one religion over another (though the yield type rewarded is randomly chosen at the start of the game).

However, all 100 or so religions in this mod do have unique flavor text for the "Holy Festival" decision. So it will show up as "Perform the Nineteen Day Fast" or "Celebrate Samhain" or "Hold a Great Blot" etc. depending on which religion you choose.

This is appreciated. I've used this in conjunction with E&D and it genuinely does add flavour to those decisions.

This is appreciated. I've used this in conjunction with E&D and it genuinely does add flavour to those decisions.

It was only in the last HR Complete update that I finished adding flavor text for all the religions, so if you were using E&D with Anno Domini it might be missing the text for some of the more obscure religions. But it's easy to add in. The latest version of HR Complete has a folder named "Decisions" with everything contained in the three files inside. The SQL and XML files just load into the database like normal while the LUA set VFS to true. None of these files should overlap/conflict with anything from previous HR versions.

A lua error wouldn't cause that; at most it would just make the code not run (not delete any of the religion entries). It would have to be a conflict somewhere else in the mod. I'll download the civ and see if I can see anything.

Thank you, I left a post on AW's thread about it but he never said anything about it.....

Top Bottom