Tomatekh's Historical Religion Mods

So if Muisca is Chiminagua, Tiwanaku is Pachism, and Witran Mapu is Mapuche, then what is Aymara set to?

Aymara is Pachism too. The Aymara, Uru and Tiwanaku sort of follow the same cosmogony and beliefs as the Inca; with some minor changes that are not truly worth a different name.

Hey there, big fan of your work, but I do have a problem with it as of late.

I was using v.33 for a while with Brave New World, and it all worked fine. Now, seemingly out of no where, I can't enable the mod at all. When I hover over the check mark to enable, I get a pop up with red text stating "This version of the game is incompatible with this mod." I've downloaded it from the Workshop and here on CivFanatics (properly uninstalling between each installation.) I've also tried the mod that only implements the preferred religions (which would be my preference now) but with the same results.

On Windows 7 with BNW, all DLC, and game version 1.0.3.144. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Hey there, big fan of your work, but I do have a problem with it as of late.

I was using v.33 for a while with Brave New World, and it all worked fine. Now, seemingly out of no where, I can't enable the mod at all. When I hover over the check mark to enable, I get a pop up with red text stating "This version of the game is incompatible with this mod." I've downloaded it from the Workshop and here on CivFanatics (properly uninstalling between each installation.) I've also tried the mod that only implements the preferred religions (which would be my preference now) but with the same results.

On Windows 7 with BNW, all DLC, and game version 1.0.3.144. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

That should only happen if you updated the mod in the middle of a game and the new version isn't compatible with previous saves, or you're trying to use both the main mod and the preferred edit mod at the same time. Neither of these sound like the case from the description.

I'm releasing an update for the mod next week. I'll double check all the references/dependencies in the files. After I release it, it should be easier to figure out whats wrong from the newest version.

Good news, actually.

After seeing that I should probably uninstall/reinstall the game for other reasons, I did, and now the mod works! My guess is that something screwy happened when the game got patched. Though I still thank you for your effort (and will more than likely get the update you make after I finish any current games.)

Good news, actually.

After seeing that I should probably uninstall/reinstall the game for other reasons, I did, and now the mod works! My guess is that something screwy happened when the game got patched. Though I still thank you for your effort (and will more than likely get the update you make after I finish any current games.)

Glad to hear!

So the update will be posted on Monday-Tuesday now.

A few reasons. The Kongo update took up more time early in the week than I thought. Someone on Steam pointed out a bug if you use my religion mod plus the islamic denomination mod plus a few of my civs at the same time, which I want to try to figure out before posting the update. I also noticed a way I can make the religion mod more friendly to other mods in general.

Sorry for the delay.

Okay the new version is up. The extra day was because I ended up adding 3 religions instead of 2 and also made a new icon/name for the Iroquois religion. At which point I realized the mod had 49 religions and I then wasted a lot of time going back and forth trying to decide if I wanted to make one more for 50. (I ultimately didn't, saving the "last spot" in case I make a civ that isn't currently covered, like the Etruscans or someone similar).

I'll post the update to the preferred edit version of the mod shortly (mostly just the change to the Iroquois).

Anyway, the new version adds:

Chiminigagua; Muisca Religion
Sgáanaang; Haida Religion
Noaidevuohta; Sami, Indigenous Finno-Ugric Polytheism

The mod should also work better with mod civs in general. It also contains updated religous preferences for all of my civs, Leugi's current civs, More Civ's current civs.

On a related note, if there is a civ maker who wants me to include religious preferences for their civs in the mod, I am more than happy to do so (and if you could provide the mod ID #'s and what you call the civ in your XML, that would save a lot of time).

Thank you for making an edited version that only adds the 13 historical religions for the base game civs. I like being able to pick the native religions instead of what was imposed on them.

What's the reason for the Iroquois' religion being Hawenneyu in the full, but Orenda in the edited mod version?

It was changed from Hawenneyu to Orenda in both versions with their last updates.

If there's a random screenshot or list somewhere that says otherwise, it was probably just taken/made before the update and I didn't get around to fixing it yet.

I am having a slight problem. After I added Kilwa I added the Sunni-Shia split to the historical religions edit that I'm using as well as altering Kilwa's preferences to choose Shia. But when I was playing against them, they chose Sunni. Thinking it was a small error, I altered Kilwa's preferences in their XML, only for them to not choose a religion at all. Did I do something wrong?

I am having a slight problem. After I added Kilwa I added the Sunni-Shia split to the historical religions edit that I'm using as well as altering Kilwa's preferences to choose Shia. But when I was playing against them, they chose Sunni. Thinking it was a small error, I altered Kilwa's preferences in their XML, only for them to not choose a religion at all. Did I do something wrong?

Ah, okay, I figured it out. It seems Pouakai changed the the XML key for Kilwa between the GK and BNW versions (from CIVILIZATION_KILWA_MOD to CIVILIZATION_KILWA).

The mod does automatically update Kilwa to choose Shia, so normally there's no need to edit the files yourself. However, it was still referencing the GK version name instead of the BNW version name. I'll update the religion mods for the change, in the meantime, you'd need to edit the Kilwa entry at the bottom of the Historical religion mods to:

Code:
	<Civilization_Religions>
		<Delete CivilizationType="CIVILIZATION_KILWA"/>
		<Row>
			<CivilizationType>CIVILIZATION_KILWA</CivilizationType>
			<ReligionType>RELIGION_ISLAM_SHIA</ReligionType>
		</Row>
	</Civilization_Religions>

erasing "_MOD" from the <delete civilizationtype> row and the <civilizationtype> row.

Thank you, I'll give it a try.

It worked! Thank you!

I wonder if there will come a day when there is a civilization for every religion in the mod.

A small question. If Muism is a Korean native religion, how come their preferences aren't set to it?

Sejong was a follower of Confucianism, and based his politics on it, so Korea being Confucian makes more sense as he is the leader and they are the only civ preferring it (out of the Firaxis ones at least).

Top Bottom