Ruins Scale with difficulty?

mike1117112

Chieftain
Just a quick question. Do the ruins give less "good" stuff the higher level you play? Moving to Emperor again since the patch, and in good position to get my first win. I've got a bowmen and a horseman scouting, but all I'm hitting is maps and barb camps. Does the prize scale with level? Might require a change to my priority to scouting early game.
I suspected it last game, but this game..... is it just coincidence or a string of luck?

the only difference i believe is that beyond warlord you cant get a settler in the ruins.. other then that i think all other results are random .

It wouldn't be so bad, but the maps aren't very good either. I hope it is just a few bad rolls of the game start, popping a few good ruins really help in the early game. After losing my last two attempts at Emperor, I'm playing as Nebby to help get that first win. I was almost there before the patch, almost there again. I can usually get at least a weapon upgrade, usually a free tech or two. I'll keep looking.....

the only difference i believe is that beyond warlord you cant get a settler in the ruins.. other then that i think all other results are random .
Higher levels don't let you get a worker either (besides settler).

You can get a Settler in the ruins at Warlord level?

Really?

Seems like a really powerful early game event.

You can get a Settler in the ruins at Warlord level?

Really?

Seems like a really powerful early game event.

Heh, yeah- although beyond prince is where you'd actually need such a boost. Getting it down at those levels is like getting a caramel coating on your lollipop.

Top Bottom