Post-Patches: Is CiV now more customizable?

poncratias

Prince
Havn't been playing CiV since short after the release, because it felt like a complete utter game-design-failure.

'Now my question: after all those patches, are we now able to customize our Civ's (like in all other civ games decades before this)?

example:

-name your civ
-name your leader
-choose UA & UUs
-choose civ color
-etc

?

If not, i'm not returning.
I don't want to play as pre-defined person from a pre-defined civ.

Only the first two.

Only the first two.

I think he means to name (choose) a civ and then name (choose) a different leader. Kinda like playing as England with Wu Zetian as your leader. CIV IV had it.

I could be wrong though.

I think he means to name (choose) a civ and then name (choose) a different leader. Kinda like playing as England with Wu Zetian as your leader. CIV IV had it.

I could be wrong though.
Correct but I suppose you could rename england atlantis and rename elizabeth Posiden or whoever.

Peter Griffin of the Petoria Empire
UA: Bird is the Word - +50%:c5production: to all Fighters, Bombers and Helicopter Gunships.
UU: Griffin (Replaces Helicopter Gunship), 60:c5strength:, 6:c5moves:, cost 425:c5production: or 1190:c5faith:, req. 1 aluminum and Mobile Tactics, Starts with Ambush I, Mobility I
UB: Pewterschmidt Mansion (Replaces Museum, +5:c5culture:, +2:c5gold:).

Conduct a strategy over THAT!

Bird is the Word doesn't really kick in until the Industrial Empire after the discovery of Flight, then you can start pumping out air units like it was going out of style. A very late game UU is not only 50% cheaper but starts with Ambush I and Mobility I, meaning it's faster and has an slight advantage over Tanks, Artillery, and the dreaded GDR from the jump. The UB is your standard issue Museum with a slight gold boost, but build enough of these to start banking gold!

Havn't been playing CiV since short after the release, because it felt like a complete utter game-design-failure.

'Now my question: after all those patches, are we now able to customize our Civ's (like in all other civ games decades before this)?
No, you can't and it would make the game incredibly imbalanced, the civs are finetuned for balance so no single civ is (too) overpowered at the moment (although they still vary, some are better than others).

You can randomize the personalities, though, so the play-style of the civs you're playing against is different than usual.

example:

-name your civ
-name your leader
-choose UA & UUs
-choose civ color
-etc

?

If not, i'm not returning.
I don't want to play as pre-defined person from a pre-defined civ.

Don`t listen to the negativity.
Very reasonable request and there`s no reason why a Civ can`t be customisable. Those who say it would imbalance the game haven`t taken into account that you can have Civ with Random personalities- that doesn`t unbalance the game, it just makes it more unpredicatble and interesting.

Anyway, poncratias, there are some options that can help customise your game.

1. You can`t change the face, but you CAN customise your Civ name.
2. You can change the Leader name to your name or anything else.
3. You can set up random personalities for Civs to make it more interesting.

This might be with G&K (never tried vanilla), but you can customise your Civ. :)

Actually come to mind I wouldn't mind the changing of civ colours. That would be very nice.

Top Bottom