Content Staff

No, you fullfil the requirements. You can change that under "My Account" -> "Edit My Details".

And this has btw now really nothing anymore to do with this thread here ;).

I found it! Thanks, I'm a little new to civfanatics

Three cheers for the new team, & Happy Christmas to all of you.

But you might like to start by tidying up the Download section, in particular the Civ 3 Units section. As members do not seem to understand when the Industrial age began and ended (1815-1960). Or that Harry Turtledove & Steam Punk scenarios are Fantasy not reality! These sections are therefore full of the wrong units which makes it hard for members to find the sort of thing they are loking for.
All the best
The Duke (of Gloucester) 71000

That's more PS per pound weight than any other steam loco !

Congratulations to everyone.

Think they can move threads.

It is set up that if they need more, they can post in a common place to receive moderator assistance.

I'd got to congratulate the chosen ones, I dreamt of being part of that staff but my college life had been very busy and so I skipped playing Civ4 for months. Nonetheless, now I play again, I still come back here for Civ4 stuff, and I've got to say, I still learn.

Even though we already congratulated them a year and a half ago, let's congratulate the new staff again! :goodjob:

Or is it "old staff" now? :hmm:

Thanks & much praise to All involved in the creation & maint of this site for so many players' fun & challenges! :clap:

This is one whale of a site: well-done, seemingly all inclusive for Civ-related areas & topics, extremely easy to use, & visually appealing too. :goodjob:

To all reading this... be sure to clik on & chekout some of the sponsers' links & offers. They are the ones that keep this site afloat & affordable (Free is Good!).
For example, i was VERY surprised to see the San Francisco Opera(!) advertising HERE of all the sites on the web. Says ALOT about the quality of this great site's readership & appeal.
Think about it, that's quite a compliment to all us THINKING gamers. So much so, i bot tickets & took my fine female friend & partner :queen: to a performance for her significant birthday 2 weeks ago. She LOVED it & i was able to make it thru w/o snoozing(!). :)
Note: Extra benefit...she now thinks ALOT more of Civ & me spending hours playing! ;)

While this thread is bumped, temporarily making me think Abaddon had made his return, what's the current status of the Modiki?

While this thread is bumped, temporarily making me think Abaddon had made his return, what's the current status of the Modiki?

The ability to register new users was removed because there was no compatible anti-spam plugin for mediawiki. So there was no captcha or anything like that and by early June we were getting 50 spambots a day which was overwhelming.

Just a friendly heads up, registration for the Modiki is now enabled again (for how long I don't know, the spam problem doesn't seem to be any better).

What do you mean?
We had to deactive the ability to register new users, because the spam defense systems were broken and the bot flood was killing us, but else...
(meant to be temporary)

Pretty much, I meant "how long is the registration disabled". I thought it had been disabled since quite awhile before June, but could have been mistaken - I don't visit it that often.

On the other side, I also hadn't heard much about the Modiki in recent months/years. So I wasn't sure if it was still actively being contributed to in more than a few areas. Back when it came out, it had a lot more promotion than it does now (or at least, so it seems from a Civ3 background - it may be less used in Civ3 than 4/5 since so much of the Civ3 knowledge is already buried in various threads throughout the fora).

The combination did have me wondering if it was going to stick around, and whether it would be worth contributing to, if I could register (which I'll be trying after this post - I'd registered a few years ago but it didn't recognize my username anymore). There are some topics I think might be well-suited to that format that aren't there presently, but it's only worthwhile if it's likely going to stick around (and be used).

That still does lead to the question of, what might upgrading or replacing the Wiki entail? And what would happen to existing content if the Wiki is replaced? (I realize the answers to this may not be known yet)

Edit: Interesting, tonight it let me log in with my existing username, whereas before it said username not recognized. Good thing I remembered my password on the 3rd try!

Oh yeah, and I don't suppose there's a way to get all pages within a section (for example all Civ3 pages), is there?

Top Bottom