does anybody buy civbucks

luke2345

Warlord
are civbucks worth or not.
and how does it work.:confused:

If a game is good, I'll pay the programmers for letting me play it.

If the previous seven games from a company were good, I'll pay for the eighth, without even finding out if it's worth it.

So yes, I've bought some CivBucks. It allows you to spend 10 bucks per day per game, and I don't spend that much. Even so, it gives me a huge advantage, I think.

I bought some CivBucks, to support the game. I mostly spent them in pimping my throne room, though I've also used them to get 5 more maze moves when I'm almost to the center. :lol: I just don't feel right using them in game much, and I like that the game doesn't allow unlimited CivBucks spending. It seems like a good compromise between supporting the game and keeping people from buying a win.

I used 40 civbucks so far. I think the developers deserve that much and more.

If it's fair to use it? Tbh, if you don't want to support the developers, it's fair that you are gimped a little bit. It's not like it's that expensive anyway.

I like this pay model much more, than paying full price for some game that I don't know if is good or not. I have a lot of games bought full price, that I never played. Money wasted!

It can give you a big heads up, I used 40 civbucks and spent them all on my maze, 200 maze moves which means I simply solo'd a few of them. :D

I haven't bought any civ bucks, and won't until the HUGE bugs in the Open Beta are fixed.

Not paying at single thing until most of the major bugs are fixed, and some of the major glaring game balance issues are fixed.

The game's pretty good, but not quite there yet to be called a finished product - and I don't pay for unfinished products. That's why it is still in beta.

I haven't bought any civ bucks, and won't until the HUGE bugs in the Open Beta are fixed.

Indeed. I just can't get over the fact they are allowing you spend money on a product that is FAR from finished. I don't paying the developer to support them in their work, but there are some HUGE bugs that are frustrating the hell out of me like a chat window close button clickthrough bug kicking me out of my Civ. This happened to me three times now, all of the times as King and at least two Ministry posts. It SUCKS to get back at that level every damn time.

The devs get their paychecks either way.

Even money that I set aside for things like video games, I would never spend on CivWorld. The fact that there's a sidebar full of ads, most of which I find highly annoying, is what's really paying for the game. Beyond that, I have to second what everyone is saying about paying for an underdeveloped game. It's just a bad idea.

I had some FB credits sitting around so, since I've enjoyed the CIV franchise since II, I decided to use my credits towards this game. I find using them to be rather lacking with what you can get for them, to be honest and likely won't put anything else into this game in the future.

Here's something weird. It says I have 5 civ bucks but I definitely never bought any. Where did they come from?

I just noticed the same thing in my game. I guess they decided to give some away?

It sort of makes sense, because then people know how much they can do with them, and they get addicted.

btw, this is another feature that seems horribly unbalanced just within its own context. For instance, in the Market screen, you can use a CivBuck for 100 gold, but if you run out of harvests and click 'Need more Harvests?' You get 10! 10 Harvests for 1 CivBuck! This imbalance is most severe in the late game, but even at the beginning of the game you could probably sell the resources from 10 harvests and get 2000 gold or more. 5 maze moves can be pretty big deal at almost any stage of the game. OTOH, puzzle swaps quickly become next to worthless.

Although you can get 10 harvests, you're much more likely to get one or two. Early game, I think the best bet is "400 production". For the rest of the game, it's maze moves all the way.

I just noticed the same thing in my game. I guess they decided to give some away?

It sort of makes sense, because then people know how much they can do with them, and they get addicted.

btw, this is another feature that seems horribly unbalanced just within its own context. For instance, in the Market screen, you can use a CivBuck for 100 gold, but if you run out of harvests and click 'Need more Harvests?' You get 10! 10 Harvests for 1 CivBuck! This imbalance is most severe in the late game, but even at the beginning of the game you could probably sell the resources from 10 harvests and get 2000 gold or more. 5 maze moves can be pretty big deal at almost any stage of the game. OTOH, puzzle swaps quickly become next to worthless.

Puzzle swaps are abundant as it is. I also noticed that harvest are by fat the best thing to use them on. If you have a good science set up you can even get more maze moves from harvesting science.

Puzzle swaps are abundant as it is. I also noticed that harvest are by fat the best thing to use them on. If you have a good science set up you can even get more maze moves from harvesting science.

Early in the game you can get more maze moves, but FIVE moves in Mass Media is like 50k of science.

I've gotten 1, 2, 5, and 10 harvests. Are those the only options? I've never gotten 3 or 4, and didn't even know they went above 5 until that 10 showed up.

Top Bottom