Ideas to improve Civworld

Personally, I don't see the point of this. The game should encourage people to get on maybe twice a day, not stay on constantly all day. I mean, if we did that, when would we play other Civ games? :)

Personally, I don't see the point of this. The game should encourage people to get on maybe twice a day, not stay on constantly all day. I mean, if we did that, when would we play other Civ games? :)

If you haven't noticed, they did exactly what you wanted:
- Doubled battle time length
- You need 234729034 tech maze completions now
- Doubled auction and contests length
- Harvests take 1.5 hours each now

And what is the end result? Games that drag on forever and last into 3500 AD especially in games that does not have any organized civ. Boring games does not make a good game, the game is already effectively over once you enter the second page of the tech tree, there is usually a leading civ by then that nobody can beat.

I'll prefer short intense games where it lasts at most 5 days (log in once every 2 hours), and not a game that takes 4 weeks to complete (log in once every day).

The quit option, understandable though, is another huge failure.
When your team members leave, because they can't win anymore, the game gets even more ugly.
They take the medals, army, gold, etc. with them.
This will lead to more and more unfinished games.
And eventually, the last active players will leave too before it's game over.

CivWorld has no future in its current state and needs to be re-designed completely.

JSwartz, is this related to your issue? From a friend of mine and I while battling in game 977. Spanish Confed is set up for a battle against the Grecian States. We logged in several hours before the battle to buy and add new units to our ranks. Bought 55 infantry, and expected them to bump up my numbers to almost 700. Instead, our numbers went up to only 365. Alliance partners also seemed to lose infantry. In fact, our numbers went down by about half. How did this happen? This is a huge battle for us that is only hours away, and I'd hate to lose it because of some cheat or bug. Crazy frustrating.

Diplomacy in progress : 8 hours :eek:
That's 100% unacceptable. 4 hours is already annoying to rejoin a civ, but this is ridiculous.

You can't enjoy CivWorld as a team neither as an individual.
Those developers at 2k Firaxis simply don't know how to create a fun and balanced game anymore.
I've said it before, this company is history. Period.

you can put all units into one battle and start retreating them right away

observe while they are retreating and if you notice that the right amount of units remains in the battle - stop retreating.

a.) You still can't specify how many each way..... you're relying on an appropriate amount being retreated (if you only want a few in another battle and it retreats a dozen, it becomes just a pain), and b.) why not just remove the step altogether and just make it an option to direct X many units to this battle when placing them?

JSwartz, is this related to your issue? From a friend of mine and I while battling in game 977. Spanish Confed is set up for a battle against the Grecian States. We logged in several hours before the battle to buy and add new units to our ranks. Bought 55 infantry, and expected them to bump up my numbers to almost 700. Instead, our numbers went up to only 365. Alliance partners also seemed to lose infantry. In fact, our numbers went down by about half. How did this happen? This is a huge battle for us that is only hours away, and I'd hate to lose it because of some cheat or bug. Crazy frustrating.

Guess I'm not entirely sure what issue of mine you're referring to.

They need to change either Riflemen or Advanced Infantry to a different weather bonus. Both are fog, and they are basically the last 2 melee units you can get. A variety for weather would be nice. Simply make Infantry rain bonus, problem solved

Top Bottom